Next Expansion

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Revenge of SUPER Arthas

He's at least 20% more evil this time which you learn from a cutscene of him walking around putting mailbox flags up on mailboxes with no mail inside to deliver.

He also will wave you in when you're trying to merge into traffic and then speed up at the last moment so you can't quite make it, inconveniencing you.
12/23/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Saleness
So with any luck, there will be an Old God focus.

Cata was old god focused to though. I don't know if it was the theme or Meh reboot of classicish zones that caused cata to be bland (at least for me)
12/23/2016 12:19 PMPosted by Bullandis
Cata was old god focused to though. I don't know if it was the theme or Meh reboot of classicish zones that caused cata to be bland (at least for me)

Cata's whole story was bland. They rehashed Black Wing, then Rag, and DS was one of the most boring raids in the game. The Dungeons were decent at least.

Ulduar was one of the best raids in the game and it was old god / titan focused.
12/23/2016 12:26 PMPosted by Kimlin
12/23/2016 12:19 PMPosted by Bullandis

Cata's whole story was bland. They rehashed Black Wing, then Rag, and DS was one of the most boring raids in the game. The Dungeons were decent at least.

Ulduar was one of the best raids in the game and it was old god / titan focused.

Hopefully they don't rehash the Scourge but there are hints from multiple sources (DK story line, Fire Mage artifact etc) that Bolvar has been moving behind the scenes as the Lich King and building up to something. I think that it is safe to say that Bolvar isn't fully in control anymore.. though he may be in control enough to hold the scourge back for now...
We need another Orc expansion, haven't had one in awhile
12/23/2016 11:03 AMPosted by Masqerader
12/23/2016 10:58 AMPosted by Lavinnelly
i think it's time for the gnome expansion

Don't think they want to do small expansions

HAHA lol
12/23/2016 10:56 AMPosted by Masqerader
Same theme it's always been.

Someone trying to wipe the resident of Azeroth of the map

lol so true
My guess is another scourge invasion.

Both WoD and Legion have basically been return to BC, so the next logical step is return to Wrath.

After that, lets hope they have the wisdom to realize that Cata was crap and skip to return to Pandaria: Electric Sha Boogaloo.
Pirates.

Lots and lots of Pirates.

Oh, an maybe Zandalar, Kul'tiras, and Ny'alotha.

But mostly Pirates.
Let's see: What have they not done a third time, rehashing old content?

I think it is time to revisit Wrath, maybe a new invasion and we go to save the Lich King!
You just assumed my gender

/triggered

In all seriousness, probably Old Gods.
South seas.

Kul Tiras makes a move to take over the Alliance faction with Varian gone and Sylvannus going more insane with power.

Leads to Azshara being the boss with N'zoth right behind her.
12/23/2016 12:48 PMPosted by Manabender
Both WoD and Legion have basically been return to BC, so the next logical step is return to Wrath.

ONLY if WOW is helped by a team without Atelth the Great staff of TBC and Khadgars staff shoved firmly up their bottom.

If they reboot WOTLK or Pandaria PLS Santa have a team that likes fun do that?
Orcs, more Orcs.
I want one of the titans to come visit us.
12/23/2016 05:31 PMPosted by Gabrielle

Why not go to them?
12/23/2016 05:31 PMPosted by Gabrielle

They're dead, Jim.
12/23/2016 11:19 AMPosted by Saleness
So in 7.3, we're going to Argus. With Argus out of the way (which I honestly thought would be an entire expansion), they're free to do other stuff.

It's entirely possible that it will be an expansion.

Remember how with WoD, the last patch of that expansion was essentially the prelude to Legion? Well a patch on Argus with story elements which lead up to an Argus expansion would be entirely possible.
12/23/2016 10:53 AMPosted by Vynecro
What do you guys think the theme will be?

(Sorry if I assumed your gender)

Gender fantasy

you can be up to 531 genders including foxkin, non binary and of course genderfluid
How about a Tauren expansion? Let's fight Magatha Grimtotem who's running around unchecked with three tauren artifacts and a magic WMD, the rest of her grimtotems and add the blood and fel totems somewhere. Give Baine some development so he can be a proud successor to his father.