Warlocks

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
01/02/2017 12:05 PMPosted by Lenumbra
Who really cares about new players "feelings". Why should someone spare criticism toward issues that need to be discussed for the sake of peoples feelings.

This thread obviously does. This thread is asking where the lock player base is.
The player base is 1, !@#$%ing and complaining, or 2. People who want to play lock don't want to invest in it because the people ^-*!@ing and complaining are spreading their false information.

Do you think its better for new players to simply have the bliss of ignorance for them to find out their class has problems the hard way? That's just stupid.

Legions locks have the bliss of ignorance? No, they have the bliss of not having soulswap, snapshotting, Soulburn, Haunt, Burning Embers, etc. That way they can play the warlock class with no bias and base their fun factor on this iteration of lock alone. But you Ancient warlocks are worse than the "Vanilla is better" people begging for nostalgic servers. You want to make everyone else feel bad about the changes because you are stuck in the past. Grow up, move on and stop drowning out all of the potential legion locks.

If you want to ignore the fact that warlocks have issue feel free to do so but don't try to shut down people discussing their opinions of warlocks because you want to live in denial.

I'm Not ignoring the fact locks have issues, because they do AS DO EVERY SINGLE CLASS THIS EXPANSION BECAUSE OF CLASS BALANCE ISSUES. I also will not Ignore the morons who say lock isn't fun, when i'm having plenty of fun. I won't ignore the locks saying they can't do Heroic dungeons because their dps is bad [That's a User issue 100%] So don't try to shut down people, like myself, from discussing our opinions on locks being fun, enjoyable and getting even better in 7.1.5.

Lock community leaking into general discussion.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I do know how to play him "half way decently". In case you didn't know, Destro's Mastery now is a fulctuating RNGfest. Luck comes more into play than skill. I can't count on my DPS output because it always changes depending on the luck of the RNG mastery draw.

It's a heroic dungeon. You are pretty awful.

01/02/2017 10:05 AMPosted by Rosyena
Ok this thread depresses me. May as well shelf this lock, I just started to play her again.

This thread is aids. Locks are fine and will get better with 7.1.5.

Threads like this give people, like the person i quoted, the impression that "locks aren't good." That's probably why the OP hasn't seen many. The blind leading the blind.

Locks are technically playable, and the damage isn't the worst in the world, but that's a far cry from saying they're fun to play, or not clunky.

If you're going to advertise a class to people then you need to also be upfront with them about the good, and the flaws.

Destro is an RNG slot machine start to finish. No two ways about it, and doing less damage on the same fight because mastery decided to give you the middle finger isn't fun, or engaging. Show me a raiding warlock who likes it because I have yet to find one. I would honestly rather it be versatility at this point because at least that's consistent.

Demo pets are just short lived dots, and very few people like demonic empowerment. I haven't met anyone who has, but I'm sure someone does. The dps windows are also super tight, and moving destroys them. Also prone to being nerfed randomly because "we don't want you to play demo", and that's apparently an acceptable thing to say to people.

No locks have a baseline interrupt unless you take a pet that's a dps loss. We have no mobility at all unless you take talents for it that drop your utility even more. We lost a lot of baseline talents that got turned into talents. The fact that it happened to other classes doesn't mean that it didn't suck massively for warlocks.

As a class we have no baseline interrupt.

Affliction has 2/3 gold traits balanced around an ability that's not even in game. Spamming one dot for shards isn't really fun, and neither is getting prismatic crystal renamed soul effigy. You know that one talent mages almost universally hated? Warlocks got it. Yay.

Warlocks have a lot of problems. Not in the damage department. They're passable there, but in almost every other one there are massive problems that make me almost certain no dev has played a warlock in ages.
Theyre just clumsy,clunky,passive and boring. The cool new visuals and mechanics were given to other classes.

Blizzard took this class for granted. And the playerbase spoke its opinion with actions.

Aka rip extinct warlocks 2016. Maybe one day our fossils will be dug up by an archmage in the year 2040.
Despite Blizzards best attempts to kill the class, I'm hanging on. I refuse to throw in the towel. There are a lot of things I would change, but I still enjoy my locks overall.
01/02/2017 06:23 PMPosted by Aquadots
Despite Blizzards best attempts to kill the class, I'm hanging on. I refuse to throw in the towel. There are a lot of things I would change, but I still enjoy my locks overall.

You go girl.
I'm still around, but don't pug that much. Sure Blizzard hates us, but I've been playing destro since wotlk and probably will as well until they delete Warlocks.
Say what you want about mechanical problems but people coming in here and saying things like "I can't do heroic dungeons because warlocks do no dps!" is utterly ridiculous.
I still find playing my Warlock fun. Granted, don't get accepted into pugs that often. But then I am reminded how people are now lamenting about a lack of ranged DPS, and just keep on Chaos Bolting...
Warlocks are pretty fun if you get doom bolt all you hAVe to do is doombolt demononic eroupshin (I think) and then it is an auto cast! (And repeat) when I did this in a scenario I was top DPS (By the way im demonoligy) It is a level 100 choisea
01/02/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Dfgsdgdsg
Theyre just clumsy,clunky,passive and boring. The cool new visuals and mechanics were given to other classes.

Blizzard took this class for granted. And the playerbase spoke its opinion with actions.

Aka rip extinct warlocks 2016. Maybe one day our fossils will be dug up by an archmage in the year 2040.

Your level 1, how do you know?
And I really like the Class Hall for Warlocks.. shame the entrance is in a sewer..
I love my lock.
But to be honest she is only good for questing and doing Achievements now.
Last time I really raided with her was back in Cata.
I find her better then my Hunter tho.
01/03/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Dro
01/02/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Dfgsdgdsg

With the exception of the rip part he is correct. They are indeed clumsy, clunky, passive and boring and they did take away or cool visuals and gave them to other classes
01/03/2017 06:47 AMPosted by Teráth
01/03/2017 05:22 AMPosted by Dro

With the exception of the rip part he is correct. They are indeed clumsy, clunky, passive and boring and they did take away or cool visuals and gave them to other classes

Our green fire effects didn't even get the new updates/animations like the red ones did.
I boosted this guy and made him my first real alt of Legion. I was planning to go Demonology, but the level boost forces you into Affliction out of the gate. I've been enjoying it because it is so entirely different than all other DPS classes/specs I've played, but I can see how it's not for everyone. Watching DOTs feels frantic, and not necessarily in a very rewarding way for some, and Soul Effigy means you will always be watching at least two targets. I also hear that maximizing Demonology almost requires addons like weak auras, but haven't tried it yet.

While I raid on my main, I feel like not even attempting much on this guy past LRF and some other things. With how focused everyone is on meters, the damage ramp up required on an Affliction lock can make meters look awful on any fight that isn't sustained single target. Anything with adds or frequent target switches feel awful as Affliction, and focusing on AOE requires an almost wholesale talent swap that then really hurts single target DPS.

We'll see if I get the courage to take this guy further, but I feel like you'd need a raid lead that really understands what Warlocks do/how they function to get anywhere.
I do miss WoD demo. :< sigh, poor warlocks..
I have plenty of fun playing my Warlock. I've always been a sucker for punishment though. I know despite the issues the class currently faces, it will bounce back, just as it has always done.

We always have been and always will be one of the least played classes.
Our guild has 3 locks, they do alright and seem to enjoy themselves.
01/03/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Harhain
Our guild has 3 locks, they do alright and seem to enjoy themselves.

My GM is a Warlock. He and I are almost Always top 3-5 for damage done. We have alts we play, of course, but we both love our toons.
I'm just not feeling the hate.

Maybe for certain kinds of content there are some issues but in open world I am having a lot of fun.

I don't think it's fair for people to be trying so hard to discourage players from trying this class. State your opinion, sure.. but don't tell folks "OMG don't play X class it sucks; it's so broken, everyone hates it..". That's JUST an opinion.

"Everyone" DOESN'T hate it.

Different folks' play styles are different; let them try it out and make their own decision.

MY decision... for open world solo play, this class is great. Try it and see for yourself.