Suramar - can I skip this?

General Discussion
I'm leveling this alt guy and was wondering if I could skip the city of Suramar quest zone entirely? I did it on my first char and found the place aggravating and not much fun. I think the mask thing is cute for a couple quests, but it's just annoying to me for an entire story. Was just curious if there are any things dependent on my presence in this area or can I just avoid it and do the other awesome zones?
Yes you can.

You will have to fight to get into nighthold though if you don't have the disguise.

That's assuming they don't eventually phase it which I don't imagine they would as they want new characters to experience the zone.

Just so you know though, Suramar gives a tremendous amount of AP if you have some good AK.
I know, the AP payoffs are nice and the story is good... but the environment with whole mask thing is just too damn annoying and frustrating.
The optimal strategy is to do the starting couple of quests (just enough to open the town) in order to be able to do the Emissary, then abandon it entirely until you're AK 25. Then you can roll through the quests in ilevel 865+ and get stupid amounts of AP for minimal effort.
The place gets less annoying-er as you gear up and can take down 4~5 guards at once. Until then, lots of corpse runs (tho sometimes you get to fly back to your body - or halfway there).

It seems like Suramar is the main story. The rest of the zones are there to level you thru and maybe for some rep recipes for professions but Nightfallen IS the main rep faction.

It's slow going on my alts but I'm working on mine. My druid barely made it thru the initial quest to get Thal to the cave. Soooo weak.
The further you go, the less you need the mask. In fact, you can go without the mask the whole way, especially as a self healer.
Suramar is pretty much the worse thing about WoW right now to me. The map is awful, the constant game with the patrols. Not sure what sicko signed off on this thing, but they need therapy
12/28/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Cebu
I'm leveling this alt guy and was wondering if I could skip the city of Suramar quest zone entirely? I did it on my first char and found the place aggravating and not much fun. I think the mask thing is cute for a couple quests, but it's just annoying to me for an entire story. Was just curious if there are any things dependent on my presence in this area or can I just avoid it and do the other awesome zones?
pathfinder part 1 is account wide so yes you can but if you want to do the 2 mythic dungeons located there you will have to quest up until that point
12/28/2016 02:48 PMPosted by Lumianden
12/28/2016 09:55 AMPosted by Cebu
pathfinder part 1 is account wide so yes you can but if you want to do the 2 mythic dungeons located there you will have to quest up until that point

CoS and Arcway are also account wide.
Even after completing the quest in the other four zones and the class order campaign. It's still difficulty in suramar. Some of the moment when the guards discover you, and being swamped by other guards.
Jus didn't make the game more enjoyable
Yup, but I would advise to do about ten quests so you can have the mask.
I make a point of finishing Nightfallen But Not Forgotten on my characters, so they will have the mask and portals.

I will never do Good Suramaritan on another character. That contained the worst designed quests I have ever seen.
Suramar, taken by itself, was better than all of Warlords of Draenor.

However, you can skip it, unless you're leveling certain professions which will require you to go talk to the magic elves to learn magic elf patterns. As one does.
Didn't the Balance of Power questline require some of Suramar to be done?
Suramar is a million times easier if you have flying if you don't like questing thru there.
You don't have to do anything in the game if you don't want to. :)

Some days, I just jump around Dalaran and count nelf flips.
Just a note: If you want the paladin class mount, you'll have to at least get the mask quest done. Otherwise you can skip the rest - if you have flight already, at least. It'd be required for pathfinder if not.

While Suramar was my favorite zone in game, I completely understand the feeling of having to do the questline again. Noooo thank you.
I'd really suggest against skipping it.

You're missing out on "HUNDREDS" Of million ap.
06/10/2017 02:43 AMPosted by Spazlord
You don't have to do anything in the game if you don't want to. :)

Some days, I just jump around Dalaran and count nelf flips.

This is false. You are required to do all the things all the time, most importantly you have to do them RIGHT NOW.
Like others said it's a ton of ap so I still do it on alts. I'd also at least get the mask if I were you just in case you ever need to go back.

That said I just took an alt from friendly to exalted using mission hall rep tokens from my other characters.