How Do You Get 880 Engineering Goggles?

Professions
Does anyone know where I can learn the recipes for the new 880 engineering goggles?
Knowing the lunacy that we've been through already, I'm sure there's a quest... AFTER you get to 800 Engineering... to get the pattern. By that time, it's rather useless since you've probably got something better anyway.

Also, I'm wondering where you get the shoulder enchant.

This game has become so very far past frustrating it is beyond belief.
I think the new goggle recipes come as drop when you equip the new shoulder enchant? There are 2 new quests for engineers, both come from the Eng trainer in Dalaran. There's no running around gathering stuff, you just complete them both right there. You need to make the new battery but the mats are not bad and you should already have them on hand.
01/10/2017 10:11 AMPosted by Kaboomsie
I think the new goggle recipes come as drop when you equip the new shoulder enchant? There are 2 new quests for engineers, both come from the Eng trainer in Dalaran. There's no running around gathering stuff, you just complete them both right there. You need to make the new battery but the mats are not bad and you should already have them on hand.

How far are you along with Legion engineering? When I logged in, I immediately had (and was able to complete) the quest for the re-usable battery, but I didn't see any quest for the shoulder enchant.
This toon is at 793 and got the quest... my other engineer is at 722 and can't see it.
01/10/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Gailadrialla
This toon is at 793 and got the quest... my other engineer is at 722 and can't see it.

Both of them?

I'm at 780 and only got battery quest, wondering if I have to finish the engineering quest-line.
The quests seem to be linked to the questline.

Engineer 1 - Didn't complete Snack Module = No quests.
Engineer 2 - Complete to violet hold failure beacon/HoV trigger quests = Reaves Battery Quest available.
Engineer 3 - Completed all quests, not 800 yet = Both quests (enchant/reaves reusable) available.
01/10/2017 11:42 AMPosted by Nobel
The quests seem to be linked to the questline.

Engineer 1 - Didn't complete Snack Module = No quests.
Engineer 2 - Complete to violet hold failure beacon/HoV trigger quests = Reaves Battery Quest available.
Engineer 3 - Completed all quests, not 800 yet = Both quests (enchant/reaves reusable) available.

This makes sense based on my experience. My current active quest is CoS for the 815 goggles, and the only new quest today was the Reaves Re-usable Battery.
So where this is winding up is that Court of Stars: Revamping the Recoil is necessary for the quest for the new goggles to become available?
01/10/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Tarc
So where this is winding up is that Court of Stars: Revamping the Recoil is necessary for the quest for the new goggles to become available?

My sequence of events was:

1) Complete all pre 7.1.5 engineering quests.
2) Obtain shoulder enchant
3) Apply shoulder enchant
4) Loot sprocket container randomly from drops
5) Sprocket Container can have new goggle schematics (confirmed)

Please note that I am only engineering ~715.
01/10/2017 02:54 PMPosted by Tarc

I haven't done the CoS, so I don't have the goggles from that first quest, I don't see the new goggles either.
How awesome is that, that we get pigeon holed into doing mythic dungeons. So basically to continue a profession, you have to be geared up, go find a group, and probalby get b*tched at the first time you go in there by the career mythic runners. Guess I'll go into CoS so I can get a shoulder enchant that will give me mostly vendor trash. What a waste of time.
Oh, and don't forget you can't do mythic CoS with a keystone and get the drop for Revamping the Recoil. I tagged along with a guild run tonight on a CoS 2+ and didn't get the drop, will have to kill the damn boss again next week before I can learn these new goggle recipes. :/
01/10/2017 05:33 PMPosted by Zahma
Oh, and don't forget you can't do mythic CoS with a keystone and get the drop for Revamping the Recoil. I tagged along with a guild run tonight on a CoS 2+ and didn't get the drop, will have to kill the damn boss again next week before I can learn these new goggle recipes. :/

Keystones don't have or cause lockouts, you can run CoS again this week just fine on normal mythic and get the quest item.
Are you at least guaranteed to get the plans for your armor class first? Because if not I'm not even bother going out of my way to get them, might just stop using the shoulder enchant at all. RNG on getting the Sprocket container, RNG on the plans dropping from that container, RNG on getting the 6 felglass you need, and on top of that RNG on getting secondary stats that are actually useful when you finally craft the goggles. This whole system is trash and needs to be thrown out.
01/10/2017 07:16 PMPosted by Fasett
Are you at least guaranteed to get the plans for your armor class first? Because if not I'm not even bother going out of my way to get them, might just stop using the shoulder enchant at all. RNG on getting the Sprocket container, RNG on the plans dropping from that container, RNG on getting the 6 felglass you need, and on top of that RNG on getting secondary stats that are actually useful when you finally craft the goggles. This whole system is trash and needs to be thrown out.

No, my first plans would be the ones for your class, leather, I need the plate.
01/10/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Ujarak
01/10/2017 07:16 PMPosted by Fasett

No, my first plans would be the ones for your class, leather, I need the plate.

Same, need mail, got plate!
Goggles are not that great. Main stat and stamina with no secondaries. Anything from mythic EN will be better.
01/11/2017 12:13 AMPosted by Everfree
Goggles are not that great. Main stat and stamina with no secondaries. Anything from mythic EN will be better.

None of the crafted gear has secondary stats in the craft tab, but once you craft them they get a random suffix and secondary stats.
01/11/2017 12:36 AMPosted by Ujarak
01/11/2017 12:13 AMPosted by Everfree

None of the crafted gear has secondary stats in the craft tab, but once you craft them they get a random suffix and secondary stats.

Oh okay, I did note know that. Is that a way to change the secondaries to ones we want like in WoD?