King Varian's Tomb Translation

General Discussion
I was paying my respects at Lion's Rest, in Stormwind, when I realised the runes inscribed on the tallest stone tablet are either Elder Futhark or very akin to, so I translated it and this is it, rune by rune, positioned how the tomb positions it:

"He son of tordwind lies here rokenintwo bjhiswelk nesshewith ordorge dtogethe ragain hgrmatestk i(n)weki(n)d odsoflor aderonh aweewew erseenh eleadthe dightofth eallianke withpride eliwesfor ewerinour heawhear tsomstin peakeoh sonofstgr dwind"

I can make out the first part "He, son of (Tordwind?) lies here, broken in two..."
and then at the end, the final sentence must read " Lead the light of the alliance with pride, forever in our hearts, rest in peace, oh son of the wind."

Can anyone shed further light on this maybe? That final sentence brought a tear to my eye.
https://i.imgur.com/ZIZSbr0.png

Found by searching on google.

"The son of Stormwind lies here. Broken in two by his weakness, he lived by the sword. Forged together again, the greatest king the kingdoms of Lordaeron have ever seen. He led the might of the Alliance with pride."
my question is, what did they bury? not his body as it would have been left on the broken shores (and gul'dan kind of turned him into ash). i have seen some people hypothesize that he was corrupted, turned demon and we will fight him at some point. but i hope not, not another corrupted story.
I'm glad he's dead.

He was a scummy King who made scummy decisions and screwed over his allies in scummy ways. The Alliance is better off without him.
01/12/2017 05:36 AMPosted by Nònna
my question is, what did they bury? not his body as it would have been left on the broken shores (and gul'dan kind of turned him into ash). i have seen some people hypothesize that he was corrupted, turned demon and we will fight him at some point. but i hope not, not another corrupted story.

It's more of a memorial than a grave site.

Also, canonically, after Varian died his soul went to the Nexus. He is the only character in Heroes of the Storm whose story in the MOBA is actually canonical.
Varian is a raid boss. You never actually see him die. He gets transformed by Guldan into a fel creature. How do people not see the obvious?
01/12/2017 05:38 AMPosted by Pouncika
I'm glad he's dead.

He was a scummy King who made scummy decisions and screwed over his allies in scummy ways. The Alliance is better off without him.

at least he's better than sylvanas
I'm glad he's dead.

His worst decision was not dismantling the Horde for good when he had the chance.
01/12/2017 06:09 AMPosted by Jostlen
I'm glad he's dead.

His worst decision was not dismantling the Horde for good when he had the chance.

I guess it can be argued that, had he done so, we might not have been able to beat back the Iron Horde.

Maybe.
01/12/2017 05:12 AMPosted by Kynaria
https://i.imgur.com/ZIZSbr0.png

Found by searching on google.

"The son of Stormwind lies here. Broken in two by his weakness, he lived by the sword. Forged together again, the greatest king the kingdoms of Lordaeron have ever seen. He led the might of the Alliance with pride."

I was close! It seems as if it's only really closely based on what I thought it was then, still super cool though!
01/12/2017 06:11 AMPosted by Xianwae
I guess it can be argued that, had he done so, we might not have been able to beat back the Iron Horde.

Maybe.

There wouldn't be an Iron Horde. The whole WoD thing happened because Wrathion threw a tantrum because Varian didn't dismantle the Horde.
IF YOU SAY HE IS DUM YOU HORDIE I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!!!