Why does Blizzard keep Oldschool Raiding?

General Discussion
No matter how much you don't want to believe it it's the truth that the majority of WoW's players are using Raid Finder for raids thus the reason why it came in the first place, even Ion Hazzikostas (Blizzard Dev) said that the people who do oldschool raiding are a minority, and even that minority who does oldschool raiding are also using raid finder too.

So the question is what's the point in wasting resources for an outdated system that keeps dying instead of use them to improve other things faster? It can't be saved no matter what the age of raiding without queue and finding groups manualy and wasting 2 hours on each boss is long since dead and can't be saved.

And apart from all this i personally think that the problem is not just the type of getting into a raid but the raids theirselves, they should not be what they are now and instead they should just be big soloable story events like in most mmos. When raid finder came after Firelands i instantly stopped doing normal raids and i was using that instead and it saved my life, finally i could acctualy finish a raid without wasting hours and days on each boss. Now in Legion i still use raid finder but i used it just once for each raid, once for Emerald Nightmare and once for Trial of Valor just to see the story, after that i didn't need to go there again because it's pointless no matter the difficulty. So no matter how hard you try to bash Raid Finder it only shows how angry you are because your oldschool raid system has failed and cannot beat it.
sorry, but low level trolls can't get into raids.
01/15/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Doublebarrel

I already finished all raids ingame with raid finder, while you sit and waste 10 hours to find a group, another 10 hours on each boss and then another 1 month trying to get some epic items that will be useless the day after, it's like you are stuck in 2008
Don't get me wrong. I like that LFR exists. However, if you're actually advocating for the removal of 'old fashioned raiding', I hate to tell you that blow was already dealt.

I don't think my team ever recovered from being forced to go from ten, tight knit people who trusted each other, to try to reach for 20 (or more) in order to even try the same content we once loved to do.

I wouldn't freak out if Blizz tried to put Normal Raiding into a queue (if that's what you're suggesting?), but I would if they did it at the cost of what keeps me paying and playing this game.
mythic dungeons is basically blizzards way of agreeing that traditional raiding is dying, people dont want to wait for 20 people to log on just to play some content, ive goten my legendary from heroic dungeons lol no need for raiding anymore
01/15/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Doflamingox

I already finished all raids ingame with raid finder, while you sit and waste 10 hours to find a group, another 10 hours on each boss and then another 1 month trying to get some epic items that will be useless the day after, it's like you are stuck in 2008

Good for you. What do you care about how others spend their time? you have your content and the hardcore raiders have theirs.
I only use LFR, I've never been a raider in any MMO that I've played since I started them in 1999. Hell, although I dabbled in WoW since launch, from 2004-2012 my main MMO was actually City of Heroes, so that says something about my play style.

I never touched a WoW raid before LFR. For one, it was just too time intensive, and scheduling even two nights a week around a video game is just not a luxury my career as an author allows.

Really, though, I only use LFR to see whatever ending or next chapter set-up to the associated storyline. I don't chase gear except as far as the next LFR raid requires me to do so for the iLevel gate. For example, my main is sitting at 840, which is enough for the 835 requirement for Nighthold LFR. Now I'm enjoying an alt until Nighthold drops, except for doing the daily WQ emissary on him.

That said, there's no reason to remove the "old school raiding." Folks like me have LFR, let the progression folks keep their preferred play style.

01/15/2017 12:31 AMPosted by Herroy
mythic dungeons is basically blizzards way of agreeing that traditional raiding is dying, people dont want to wait for 20 people to log on just to play some content, ive goten my legendary from heroic dungeons lol no need for raiding anymore

Well, they did say in an interview that Mythic+ was the answer to raiders who were stating they were too time-crunched to actually raid anymore. So, you are right.
01/15/2017 12:31 AMPosted by Xanzul
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Good for you. What do you care about how others spend their time? you have your content and the hardcore raiders have theirs.

I say it because some people keep bashing Raid Finder and saying that it should be removed while the reality is that if something will be removed, it is definately the oldschool system that a minority uses and noone wants anymore, not the Raid Finder which is the mainstream way of raiding and the one that everyone uses.
Funny, there's an awful lot of clears of normal and higher being logged to logging sites. Must be ghosts :P
Ahhh, Sunday already.
If LFR is so popular then why does Blizzard need to keep shoving in exclusive rewards like augment runes to get raiders to pad its participation numbers?
garbage lfr hero hiding behind a level 20 alt

nothing to see move along
'Oldschool raiding' is largely considered WoWs endgame. There is just that and Max level PvP. If they remove 'Oldschool raiding', it's a death sentence for the already less populated player base.

And some of us enjoy the more challenging difficulties that we run with our guilds. LFR is and has been a cakewalk in terms of mechanics since its implementation. I like having to deal with mechanics that are actually punishing if you screw them up.
WTF are you smoking. It would be more effort to remove the old content than it is to keep it. You want to argue something fine but don't use the most moronic reasoning I've ever seen.
01/15/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Doflamingox

You just don't enjoy the core aspect of the game. Just quit.
They will keep old style raiding while people keep playing them.

Judging by the numbers over recent years, they probably won't be keeping them for much longer.
You have your LFR content. Others have their Normal/Heroic/Mythic Content.

Some people actually like a challenge and enjoy the rewards of challenging content. I do not see the problem here. Why does the game have to play the way YOU want it?
01/15/2017 12:21 AMPosted by Doflamingox
No matter how much you don't want to believe it it's the truth that the majority of WoW's players are using Raid Finder for raids thus the reason why it came in the first place, even Ion Hazzikostas (Blizzard Dev) said that the people who do oldschool raiding are a minority, and even that minority who does oldschool raiding are also using raid finder too.

So the question is what's the point in wasting resources for an outdated system that keeps dying instead of use them to improve other things faster? It can't be saved no matter what the age of raiding without queue and finding groups manualy and wasting 2 hours on each boss is long since dead and can't be saved.

And apart from all this i personally think that the problem is not just the type of getting into a raid but the raids theirselves, they should not be what they are now and instead they should just be big soloable story events like in most mmos. When raid finder came after Firelands i instantly stopped doing normal raids and i was using that instead and it saved my life, finally i could acctualy finish a raid without wasting hours and days on each boss. Now in Legion i still use raid finder but i used it just once for each raid, once for Emerald Nightmare and once for Trial of Valor just to see the story, after that i didn't need to go there again because it's pointless no matter the difficulty. So no matter how hard you try to bash Raid Finder it only shows how angry you are because your oldschool raid system has failed and cannot beat it.

LFR was designed for casual players (usually pointing at people who can only play for an hour or two at a time) who can't get into normal, heroic, or mythic groups.

Normal was designed for people who want to start forming their own group or are trial running players who wish to join raiding guilds.

Heroics are for people who have a stable guild, have progressed through normal, geared themselves enough and wish to rise on top of other groups.

Mythics are for the nerdiest of the nerds who spend more time looking at numbers, how mechanics operate, and how to make their toons better than everyone else's. Usually having egos as high as Donald Trump.

Premade Finder was a horrible replication of the add on Oqueue and is designed to help fill in slots for LFR-Heroic raiding, dungeons, and premade pvp. Which in your case you should use to get better gear than LFR starter sets.

Nothing is wrong with any raid difficulty. Nothing is wrong with the way people want to raid or how a raid should be done.

If you want content to solo, quit WoW go solo old content. And if that doesn't tickle your fancy, go play Skyrim or Witcher 3 or some other rpg.
01/15/2017 12:31 AMPosted by Herroy

I don't honestly care about the legendary, $15 per month for crazy amount of content is what i pay for...

If people only cares about reward, then i don't see the point for people to continual to play, it pointless keeping them around, game all about balance between content and reward...

Too much reward you get lazy player, too less reward, you get content been left out...

I think currently content is pretty good on legion, only problem is class balance and few other issue...
Yeah you're right, then they could totally donate those extra resources they saved into communication and legit class changes.