Why does Blizzard keep Oldschool Raiding?

General Discussion
If higher forms of raiding didn't exist, I'd probably stop playing. If there isn't anything I can't push myself further towards, then my interest would quickly die. I love my raiding group, they keep me subbed far more than the content itself could and if we didn't have a greater difficulty, we wouldn't raid, I would have no reason to stay subbed beyond two, three weeks.

I like LFR, I'm glad it exists but if it came to it, I'd rather it go than see the tougher forms of raiding go.
The LFR heroes are the ones who unsubscribe from the game after a month or two. The hardcore players are the ones who continue playing the game.

I mean, it's pretty obvious.
Troll says that high end raids are dead. I am willing to be the same troll cries when a high lvl raider kills him and says they have no life when posting about how they need to nerf that class.
Is anyone taking this topic seriously? making raid finder end game? They will literally never remove the other difficulties. Continue crying in your corner.
It still amazes me that after all these many years on the WoW forums so many people are oblivious to obvious trolls like this, though surprisingly it turned into a constructive conversation lol bet he didn't see that coming.
You almost had me then I realized it was Sunday
01/15/2017 12:21 AMPosted by Doflamingox
even Ion Hazzikostas (Blizzard Dev) said that the people who do oldschool raiding are a minority, and even that minority who does oldschool raiding are also using raid finder too.

They've always been the minority. If they are using the raid finder, they are using it, and they are not a part of that minority. Logic is tough.
Why?

Let's say only 5% of the people do old raids. Let's say the subs are around 5 million (the sub number regardless if it is legit or not, is not important). That means there is still 250,000 people doing those old raids. that means 3.75 million dollars a month that is being paid out by people who want to do old raids. If you feel that is "wasted resources" then i want whatever job you have.

disclaimer, i know the math is off because of 20 dollar wow tokens and stuff, but wanted to go with a very basic format, so the OP would understand why they will not get rid of it.
01/15/2017 12:21 AMPosted by Doflamingox
So the question is what's the point in wasting resources for an outdated system that keeps dying instead of use them to improve other things faster? It can't be saved no matter what the age of raiding without queue and finding groups manualy and wasting 2 hours on each boss is long since dead and can't be saved.

This is a big mess of a thought but what I am getting out of it is that you want to remove choices from the game -- choices that don't affect you -- in the name of "improve[sic] other things faster" as if you know something about the internal resource allocation needs of the WoW development team. How about, like, "no"?

And apart from all this i personally think that the problem is not just the type of getting into a raid but the raids theirselves, they should not be what they are now and instead they should just be big soloable story events like in most mmos.

"Most mmos"? Like which MMOs are you thinking of? The good ones have actual raids, although they may have solo'able story events too. As noted above, choices are good, but you're advocating throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

When raid finder came after Firelands i instantly stopped doing normal raids and i was using that instead and it saved my life,

I think I see the real problem here.
01/15/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Doflamingox
01/15/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Doublebarrel
sorry, but low level trolls can't get into raids.

I already finished all raids ingame with raid finder, while you sit and waste 10 hours to find a group, another 10 hours on each boss and then another 1 month trying to get some epic items that will be useless the day after, it's like you are stuck in 2008

Or I can spend 3 hours on Tuesday night and clear out norm/hero EN and norm/hero ToV. The time investment is tiny. And no matter how much you cry, formal raiding (i.e. Not lfr) is always going to be a major staple of this game...always has been, always will be, until they shut the servers down.
01/15/2017 12:27 AMPosted by Doflamingox
01/15/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Doublebarrel
sorry, but low level trolls can't get into raids.

I already finished all raids ingame with raid finder, while you sit and waste 10 hours to find a group, another 10 hours on each boss and then another 1 month trying to get some epic items that will be useless the day after, it's like you are stuck in 2008
Doing LFR for the experience of raiding is about on par as youtubing a raid. They're basically the same thing except you don't need a subscription to YouTube raid.
01/15/2017 05:35 AMPosted by Yourshadowdr
Let's say only 5% of the people do old raids. Let's say the subs are around 5 million (the sub number regardless if it is legit or not, is not important). That means there is still 500,000 people doing those old raids.

5% of 5,000,000 is not 500,000
01/15/2017 05:49 AMPosted by Malicity
Let's say only 5% of the people do old raids. Let's say the subs are around 5 million (the sub number regardless if it is legit or not, is not important). That means there is still 500,000 people doing those old raids.

you are correct, going to have to redo it, what i get for doing math when i first wake up

you're right its 250,000, which means raiders are paying about 3 million dollars a month. Raiders will also consistently be subscribing month after month. Raiders aren't going to continue playing this game if their content is removed.

Get rid of raiding, that's 3 million dollars less that Blizzard has. Probably more, since casual players will unsubscribe much more often than hardcore folks.

Either way, sunday morning troll is dumb and his idea is bad.
01/15/2017 05:53 AMPosted by Thrasius

you're right its 250,000, which means raiders are paying about 3 million dollars a month. Raiders will also consistently be subscribing month after month. Raiders aren't going to continue playing this game if their content is removed.

Get rid of raiding, that's 3 million dollars less that Blizzard has. Probably more, since casual players will unsubscribe much more often than hardcore folks.

Either way, sunday morning troll is dumb and his idea is bad.

i corrected the math, thanks all, but as you said, that is still over 3 million
Mythic raiding is like body building...

You have your world firsters, the guys are on the world stage of pro bb.

Then you have the tier behind that, less poop sock, but still good - those are guys competing regionally

Then you have heroic raid/first few mythic bosses, the guys are getting ready for their first meet

Then you have normal raiders... these guys just try to get that beach bod before summer(next tier)

And lfr. The guys who only show up to the gym from Jan 1st til Jan 15th.

All different stages, but basically heroic raiders and up - keep playing becausee their goal is to be that pro body builder... simply having the content there, for them to strive for - keeps them motivated to play the game.
Never too early on a sunday huh?

Tell the big guy I said Hello.