Detached Alliance and Horde

General Discussion
So, I'm enjoying Legion a lot, really, but there's one small problem niggling at the back of my mind.

Where exactly are the Horde and the Alliance?

Like, we got the Gilnean Brigade and the Forsaken in Stormheim, that's great, but, they're each, respectively, one seventh of their faction. There's the Night and Blood Elves out in Suramar, but where's everyone else? The Burning Legion is threatening to destroy the world, and yet the world's two pre-eminent superpowers seem content to engage in minor skirmishes in Stormheim and just let their chosen champions sort it out for them.

I'm used to seeing the Alliance and Horde throw everything they got at world-destroying threats, like in Northrend during Wrath. I want to see the 7th Legion swarming the shores in Stormheim, the Kor'Kron building spikes all over Azshara. The vast majority of the races in both factions are criminally under-represented in the Broken Isles. Sure, they make a showing in the Order Halls, mostly, but this is just such a departure from the rest of the game, and I don't think I like it.

And let me say this: I don't want the Alliance and Horde fighting in Broken Isles, I just want to see them responding to the Legion as I think this vast, world-devouring entity needs to be responded to, by throwing everything they've got at it. Am I the only one that thinks this is weird? I know both sides took a beating in the Battle of Broken Shore, but shouldn't that be even more reason to throw whatever is left at the Burning Legion?
well, varian took all gnomish relevance in this war to it's destruction at the broken shore, so we're nowhere as usual
Screwing around attacking the Horde and making the draenei and night elves have to fend for themselves to the point that the racial leaders of both races have had to enlist the aid of horde players.

Why are we even on the alliance again?
Most likely, defending their homes. The invasion of Azeroth isn't solely the Broken Shores. We personally witness an attack on the Exodar and I know at least Thunder Bluff is mentioned being under attack.
I'm wondering where Baine is with the Highmountain tribe.

When first starting the Highmountain I was really hoping/expecting to see Baine meet up with Mayla Highmountain and the Tauren tribes unite.

When this didn't happen I was disappointed :(
12/11/2016 12:38 AMPosted by Adelphie
Screwing around attacking the Horde and making the draenei and night elves have to fend for themselves to the point that the racial leaders of both races have had to enlist the aid of horde players.

Because our political leader is Velen.

You may recall how he "dealt with" the Orcs' initial attacks.
12/11/2016 12:38 AMPosted by Adelphie

Probably for the same reason that we are still in the Horde despite asking the Alliance for aid in retaking both Thunder Bluff and Freewind post.
12/11/2016 02:36 AMPosted by Awiti
Probably for the same reason that we are still in the Horde despite asking the Alliance for aid in retaking both Thunder Bluff and Freewind post.

To be fair, it's not like Jaina actually sends a detachment of Theramore soldier to accompanying Baine in retaking Thunder Bluff. All she did to help Baine is provide him with enough monetary support to purchase enough zeppelins, hired muscle, explosives, weapons and other supplies, and he has volunteers from throughout the Horde joined forces with him.

As for Freewind post, I think it's mainly because both the Alliance and the Horde happens to share the common enemy, the Grimtotem whose presence is dominance in the area.
12/11/2016 12:49 AMPosted by Dreadmoon

When first starting the Highmountain I was really hoping/expecting to see Baine meet up with Mayla Highmountain and the Tauren tribes unite.

Blizzard has been amazing at dropping or neglecting characters unless their names are Thrall, Illidan, Jaina, or Sylvanas. I could probably talk your ears off about the whole Tauren thing on its own. It speaks volumes when Cairne's death was more to do with Garrosh and Thrall's anger over it than it had to do with Baine's reaction and having to take up the mantle of Chieftain.

Hell, Mayla Highmountain got more development towards becoming Chieftain than Baine. For Baine, it was like "Oh, Father's dead. Welcome to Thunderbluff!"
I'm so triggered right now!
The Broken Shore was a disaster for both factions. I'd imagine the bulk of the Alliance and Horde are rebuilding their main armies/navy in anticipation of an all-out assault by the Legion on Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. We adventuring types on the Broken Isles are likely the "forlorn hope", last ditch attempt to stop Sargeras and his goons from passing over to this world before everything goes to pot back home.

Of course, we all know how this is going to end (i.e. with our inevitable victory). Nevertheless, from a story standpoint, our in-game leaders are likely off reinforcing the barricades in the event we get steamrolled.
12/11/2016 12:14 AMPosted by Lavinnelly
well, varian took all gnomish relevance in this war to it's destruction at the broken shore, so we're nowhere as usual

Wait, Gnomes had relevance?
12/11/2016 03:05 AMPosted by Ryumaru

Blizzard has been amazing at dropping or neglecting characters unless their names are Thrall, Illidan, Jaina, or Sylvanas. I could probably talk your ears off about the whole Tauren thing on its own. It speaks volumes when Cairne's death was more to do with Garrosh and Thrall's anger over it than it had to do with Baine's reaction and having to take up the mantle of Chieftain.

Hell, Mayla Highmountain got more development towards becoming Chieftain than Baine. For Baine, it was like "Oh, Father's dead. Welcome to Thunderbluff!"
Among others, I'm hoping Baine shows up in some later patch for Highmountain though with the next patch possibly being about Argus, I guess we won't be seeing anymore Tauren development until another expansion.

Maybe they're saving it for later. It would be kind of cool
12/11/2016 12:06 AMPosted by Ogyges
Where exactly are the Horde and the Alliance?

Dead. Destroyed. Beaten.

Remember the intro cinematic? The shot of the combined forces of Azeroth sailing for the Broken Shore for one decisive battle? Well it was decisive alright. The Horde and Alliance were annihilated.

All that is left are a few shattered remnants. Some of which are fighting in Stormheim.