Incoming legendary nerf

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752626046

Good ones won't be as good, bad ones will be slightly less bad?
They'll never be able to make them equal when some are utility and some are dps.

They really !@#$ed up with that decision.
They will never make everyone happy it's a game enjoy it?
Congratulations to transform legendary itens in crap effect that noone want it
12/13/2016 05:47 PMPosted by Lilisong
They will never make everyone happy it's a game enjoy it?

I agree that you can't please everyone, but this route seems to be designed to please as few people as possible. I've see a lot of good player suggestions such as tokens, tradeins, special crafting mats, quests, etc.

Granted, players will make suggestions that are biased towards players, but I think we can find a better middle ground.
If they want to nerf Anger of the Half-Giants I hope they bring up baseline Fury generation. Havoc doesn't need nerfs and it'd be better for all DHs to be brought up a bit than for those with the legendary to be nerfed.
It doesn't do anything unless they change all the DPS legendaries to utility legendaries.
All my legendries kind of suck, so I am not to invested regardless.
Inb4 Nighthold is balanced around people having Legendaries that are now being nerfed

Blizzard style.
I actually think this is a step in the right direction. If our way of acquiring Legendaries is RNG then at least, make them more balanced between them.
Cool so now top players just want them all because due to encounter design some will be completely overpowered on some fights while being worthless on others.

Not sure if it fixes the issue for many players, might make it worse for some, curious to see what else they change.
12/13/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Lanenn
Inb4 Nighthold is balanced around people having Legendaries that are now being nerfed

Blizzard style.

They've already said night hold is balanced around everybody having already one legendary.
12/13/2016 06:27 PMPosted by Adyarin
12/13/2016 06:12 PMPosted by Lanenn

Blizzard style.

They've already said night hold is balanced around everybody having already one legendary.

But which one? There's a vast difference between Achor, the Eternal Hunger and Anger of the Half-Giants.
Like I said they kicked a hornets nest
They're going to gut mine, which was only 3rd or 4th best anyway.
So classes that depend on legendaries to do competitive damage are basically getting nerfed.

wew
12/13/2016 05:45 PMPosted by Adyarin
They'll never be able to make them equal when some are utility and some are dps.

They really !@#$ed up with that decision.
They could make them equal if they buff the primary and secondary stats on the utility legendaries.

Nerf the universal ones down to max 5% damage increases, and buff the primary/secondary stats of the utility ones so they're ~3-4% damage increases.
And more than likely, classes will still be balanced around their absolute best legendaries (i.e Anger of the Half-Giant, The Instructors Fourth Lesson, Pyro bracers, Shard of the Exodar, etc...).

How long is it going to take them to realize that what people truly hate is the >distribution method< and not the legendaries themselves in most cases.

It'd be fine if we had some legendaries that determined our spec or pushed them into the realm of viability if we could target them instead of getting absolutely useless utility legendaries or the worst one for our specs.

The only thing this is accomplishing is nerfing the classes/specs that absolutely depend on their legendaries, like Havoc DHs.

No matter how much they nerf dps legendaries and buff Prydaz, Aggamagan's Stride and Norgannon's Foresight, they will never be on par with DPS legendaries. Aggamagan's Stride and Norgannon's will never see viability against survivability increases either, esp AS for tanks.
If blizz turns every leg into crap I know that I for one will not be farming Mythic pluses like I used to. If this makes all legendaries poo more than likely a lot of other people will stop driving for them too and therefore won't be playing as much so I feel like blizzard is only hurting themselves with that approach.
Having those amazing legendaries up on a pedestal I know for me gave incentive. Nerf all legendaries into the ground and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people's will lose theirs as well.