Weapon traits...

General Discussion
Blizzard can you just set it up so that when we change our spec all the points we spent in one specialization just transfer to the other? Seriously not trying to grind out that much AP...
As nice as that would be, that was the point of AK =/

Once you get to AK 10 (think I just hit that on my Warrior), a few days of AP into an off spec will make it viable :)

I do wish I could take all my traits from Sin and throw it into Outlaw though. That'd be fun :)
Like Evast said, when you get enough AK you'll probably be able to max out a wep within a week. 22 AK atm 14,200%, 25 is around 26,000% if I remember correctly, with 22 AK I'm getting 150,000 AP per Mythic +.
I've got my weapons to 33/21/20 at this point. With my AK, I get items with 20k+ AP, and a couple of those can gain me a trait in either of the offspec weapons without significantly slowing my progress in the main spec weapon.

Sure, I won't have my weapons to 55/55/55 any time soon (ever), but I could very easily be 25+ on each off-spec as I'm working on the bonus trait points on my main.
Honestly, I felt the same as the OP, but last night after getting my 35th artifact trait I decided to spend about 45 minutes farming AP for my balance artifact (which had 0 AP at all), just to see for myself how bad it was. 45 minutes farming AP got me 23 levels in the Scythe of Elune. 45 minutes! I had to admit to myself it really wasn't a big deal at all. This of course assumes you have a reasonable level of AK, which if you've got one weapon to 30+, you do.

OS's are pretty easy to make viable, you don't need any higher than what I achieved in less than an hour of play time, unless you're going to be doing the very hardest content.

Alt's on the other hand are a bit of a different story, those do need an AK catch-up like 7.1.5 will bring.
12/22/2016 08:48 AMPosted by Natixsphere
Blizzard can you just set it up so that when we change our spec all the points we spent in one specialization just transfer to the other? Seriously not trying to grind out that much AP...

It's rather easy to finish your other specs with high AP. I did my cache missions and spent all the AP for Survival. 19 traits in one go.

Maybe the system should have been more like the pre wrath talent system.
Where upon gaining a level, the character itself gained a talent point.
Likewise, leveling could come from anything like completing quests, pvp, or simply killing lots of things.

To ponder, If AP was less about the weapon and more like traditional player experience points, could the system have felt better?
at AK22 I can level an off-spec weapon to lvl15 by completing 2-3 world quests

Do you know what the word "specialization" means?
I just started bringing my off-spec artifact up two days ago, with AK 20, a few WQ's and a couple of random dungeons I've almost got it maxed out. Don't worry about it really.