The Nighthold: Release Dates

General Discussion
The journey through Suramar has been fraught with intrigue and danger as the heroes of Azeroth have fought to help reclaim this shining city. It’s time to take the next step and face the challenges within the Nighthold - learn more here.

Raid Schedule:
  • Tuesday, January 17: Nighthold Normal and Heroic difficulties open.
  • Tuesday, January 24: Nighthold Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Arcing Aqueducts) open.
  • Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
  • Tuesday, February 21: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
  • Tuesday, March 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer’s Rise) opens.
Looks fantastic!
So then Patch 7.1.5 will be.....?
Cool
01/03/2017 11:16 AMPosted by Ornyx
The journey through Suramar has been fraught with intrigue and danger as the heroes of Azeroth have fought to help reclaim this shining city. It’s time to take the next step and face the challenges within the Nighthold - [url="https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20407404/raid-preview-the-nighthold"]learn more here[/url].

Raid Schedule:
  • Tuesday, January 24: Nighthold Mythic difficulty and Raid Finder Wing 1 (Arcing Aqueducts) open.
  • Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
  • Tuesday, February 21: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
  • Tuesday, March 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer’s Rise) opens.

And yet, still no information on when 7.1.5 will be dropping.

Thanks for the updated release schedule, but why not provide the 7.1.5 release date or some clarity on what we can expect with that patch? People are especially concerned with having to learn modified rotations, get used to additional ability pruning, etc.
01/03/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Fêlo
And yet, still no information on when 7.1.5 will be dropping

Soon™️
01/03/2017 11:29 AMPosted by Melaroi
01/03/2017 11:23 AMPosted by Fêlo
And yet, still no information on when 7.1.5 will be dropping

Soon™️

/sigh @ trolls (and yes, I'm fully aware Ornyx already posted this in a PTR GD thread. Still not helpful)
sigh .. only cares about 7.15 date
01/03/2017 12:11 PMPosted by Risible
sigh .. only cares about 7.15 date

Actually, I care about both. I just want the information they've basically refused to provide, beyond 'Soon' of course.
It feels like patch 7.1.5 is gonna be released next year...why keep the release date a secret...
The only reason they are not opening their mouth regarding 7.1.5 is because they're still not sure if it's ready.

At this point, since the Nighthold release is confirmed on 17th, the sooner 7.1.5 comes out the faster people can get hold of new changes.
Thats cool in all.

Can we get a date for 7.1.5?

Or at the very least inform us if its before or after NH release?

#wtbcommunication
01/03/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Eladrin
The only reason they are not opening their mouth regarding 7.1.5 is because they're still not sure if it's ready.

For the last bit of decency I have for the devs, I really, REALLY hope that's the case, because it's really and truly not ready.

A single post about Druids and Moonkins would be greatly appreciated since the community's in an uproar and nothing was said outside of "we screwed up the ED nerf, so we'll still nerf it, but differently".
Now we riot!

Release date for 7.1.5?
Any word on whether we'll need an attunement for Nighthold?
I'm guessing the patch hits this Thursday.
Can you guys stop spreading LFR releases out so far? :/

There's absolutely no reason for 2 weeks between every LFR wing. One week between each wing would be MORE THAN ENOUGH.

You're literally doing nothing but punish LFR players. One week was plenty for Emerald Nightmare. It didn't cause riots from mythic raiders. The game didn't implode.

So why are you constantly making 2 week breaks for LFR wings? Especially with the end of the Suramar story gated behind killing Gul'dan, which is the final wing of LFR? We've never had to wait so long to see the end of the questing zone's story. It's coming up on half a year now.

--This is coming from someone who does do Normal with their guild. However, it doesn't mean it's okay to still gate LFR so far behind everyone else.--

Seriously, who would it hurt if the new schedule was:

• Tuesday, January 31: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 2 (Royal Athenaeum) opens.
  • Tuesday, February 7: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 3 (Nightspire) opens.
  • Tuesday, February 14: Nighthold Raid Finder Wing 4 (Betrayer’s Rise) opens.

All it does it give LFR Gul'Dan to LFR players 3 weeks earlier. That's it. The mythic raiders that actually care about "world first" will have beaten Mythic Gul'dan well before LFR Gul'dan unlocks if it unlocked on Feb. 14th, as they'll have had a month to do it.

On top of this, Blizzard themselves have said mythic raiders make up less than 1% of the playerbase, but at least 50% of players play LFR. So why are you punishing the majority and holding back content, to please the minority? You can spread it out MUCH LESS, and get the same result, (give mythic raiders plenty of time) without punishing the majority so strongly.

Blizz needs to stop with this "2 weeks between LFR wings" nonsense and realize 1 week between wings is plenty of time. You're pushing away your casual players more and more by gating them behind more and more time. You actually expect them to buy 2 months of gametime to experience Nighthold, as opposed to Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiders, who would only need 1 month. That's not okay. This is why you keep hemorrhaging subs. (They should make the choice AFTER experiencing it if they wish to keep paying to play it more, which -most- will, because Nighthold is actually pretty fun, from what I've seen)
01/03/2017 07:44 PMPosted by Reinhilde

There's absolutely no reason for 2 weeks between every LFR wing. One week between each wing would be MORE THAN ENOUGH.

You're literally doing nothing but punish LFR players. One week was plenty for Emerald Nightmare. It didn't cause riots from mythic raiders. The game didn't implode.

So why are you constantly making 2 week breaks for LFR wings? Especially with the end of the Suramar story gated behind killing Gul'dan, which is the final wing of LFR? We've never had to wait so long to see the end of the questing zone's story. It's coming up on half a year now.

--This is coming from someone who does do Normal with their guild. However, it doesn't mean it's okay to still gate LFR so far behind everyone else.--

All it does it give LFR Gul'Dan to LFR players 3 weeks earlier. That's it. The mythic raiders that actually care about "world first" will have beaten Mythic Gul'dan well before LFR Gul'dan unlocks if it unlocked on Feb. 14th, as they'll have had a month to do it.

On top of this, Blizzard themselves have said mythic raiders make up less than 1% of the playerbase, but at least 50% of players play LFR. So why are you punishing the majority and holding back content, to please the minority? You can spread it out MUCH LESS, and get the same result, (give mythic raiders plenty of time) without punishing the majority so strongly.

Blizz needs to stop with this "2 weeks between LFR wings" nonsense and realize 1 week between wings is plenty of time. You're pushing away your casual players more and more by gating them behind more and more time. You actually expect them to buy 2 months of gametime to experience Nighthold, as opposed to Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiders, who would only need 1 month. That's not okay. This is why you keep hemorrhaging subs. (They should make the choice AFTER experiencing it if they wish to keep paying to play it more, which -most- will, because Nighthold is actually pretty fun, from what I've seen)

Gonna quote this for truth. Although i only do LFR on the occasional alt you cant deny that the current timegate schedule is pretty insane and insulting. If i had not recently found a raiding guild i would probably unsub for the next 2 months and simply wait till it was all unlocked. Why should i pay for content i have zero access to after all?
01/03/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Blaumeux
01/03/2017 07:44 PMPosted by Reinhilde

Gonna quote this for truth. Although i only do LFR on the occasional alt you cant deny that the current timegate schedule is pretty insane and insulting. If i had not recently found a raiding guild i would probably unsub for the next 2 months and simply wait till it was all unlocked. Why should i pay for content i have zero access to after all?

Right!? Thats very frustrating
01/03/2017 09:10 PMPosted by Snowlîly
01/03/2017 08:03 PMPosted by Blaumeux

Right!? Thats very frustrating

This isn't exactly the first time they've time-gated LFR wings before, and i doubt it will be the last. It's not even the first time they've gated it behind 2 weeks of waiting. This is where folks that do strictly LFR can just find something else to pass time, or they can rage quit if they can't handle it like adults.
You actually expect them to buy 2 months of gametime to experience Nighthold, as opposed to Normal/Heroic/Mythic raiders, who would only need 1 month. That's not okay. This is why you keep hemorrhaging subs.

i'd sure love to see a source for this claim.

And most importantly of all, not all casuals do only LFR. The group finder tool opened up the opportunity for casuals (myself included) to step into the normal+ raiding scene, even if said casuals only do normal mode.