Legendary Upgrades After the Nighthold Opens

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
wait.....What 7.1.5 upgrades? Did i miss something?
Roughly how long should it take per essence? Like a few days? A few weeks?
01/11/2017 10:29 AMPosted by Rythmor

Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940. Note that this does not apply retroactively to Emissary Bags that you may already have in your inventory when the time comes. Only new bags earned after the Nighthold is open have the chance to reward an item level 940 Legendary.

Thanks!

This seems to be contrary to how the emissary boxes from pre-7.1.5 were working after the patch. Why the change?
Who in the hell is this Rythmor character?

I didn't know there were any other WoW blues except Ornyx and Lore
What is the item level cap for everything else when Nighthold opens? As in, currently 910 is 15 above the cap for everything else, so how important is 940 relative to other possible items?
Moo.

Will the quest items drop retroactively from saved emissary bags?
When the Nighthold opens next week, players who have acquired at least one Legion Legendary item will find a quest in Dalaran to upgrade a Legendary from item level 910 to 940. This quest involves collecting a number of Essences of Aman’thul, which can be found in the following locations:

Nighthold Raid Bosses

Weekly Mythic Keystone Cache

Emissary Bags

PvP Weekly Quests

Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940.

UMM...

Okay. I appreciate the latter change, but this is one of those things that seems ironically punishing for mains instead of alts if anything.

Isn't this just going to discourage people from trying to get new legendaries until Tuesday because they'd get the 940s without having to do however many dungeons, raids, dailies, etc. to upgrade them?
Nothing this valuable should drop in LFR. You want upgrades? Find a group and do real content. If you want to "see the end game" do LFR.
01/11/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Darksmear

Ornyx is probably on paid time off before he goes full Tseric on the forums.

As for Lore: http://i.imgur.com/FJkubZe.png
Really don't see the point of the quest if new legendaries will be 940...seems really pointless. Why not just upgrade them automatically?

And this isn't an entitlement thing, or laziness, I just don't really see the point of it. I'd understand if we had to do this for all of them, but only pre NH legs?
Sorry, I just don't believe that saving cashes can't give new legendaries. Considering it's been proven with this patch that loot from them is generated upon opening.
01/11/2017 10:34 AMPosted by Troggles
Rythmor,

Thank you for this information. Could you possibly confirm or deny the alleged connection of this quest to the completion of the Illidan/Xe'ra Questline?

Thank you

Edit:

Thank you to those that posted the twitter information denying the connection, back to my crusade of convincing devs/CMs to use their own website to post information.

Hello! Yes, as stated on WarcraftDevs, there is no connection. Thanks everyone else for the help.
So basically it's another rng grind to upgrade something that will drop upgraded already ?

Because legion needed more rng time sinks ....
01/11/2017 10:45 AMPosted by Imâge
Nothing this valuable should drop in LFR. You want upgrades? Find a group and do real content. If you want to "see the end game" do LFR.

You have always been able to use LFR to upgrade legendaries............
01/11/2017 10:43 AMPosted by Dreadfury
Okay. I appreciate the latter change, but this is one of those things that seems ironically punishing for mains instead of alts if anything.

Isn't this just going to discourage people from trying to get new legendaries until Tuesday because they'd get the 940s without having to do however many dungeons, raids, dailies, etc. to upgrade them?

Blizz doing something idiotic in legion?! What a shock!
01/11/2017 10:36 AMPosted by Rythmor
01/11/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Snòòp
Will it be available on all levels of NH?

These will drop in all difficulties of the Nighthold, LFR included.

Will there be a lockout on a per boss basis, or a per difficulty basis?
You mention that Emissaries pre-Nighthold will not contain 940 legendaries, but what about Essences from Emissaries pre-Nighthold?

I would hope it doesn't contain Essences because people who don't save their caches would be behind.

---

Also, is there a boss lockout or can we do every difficulty for Essences?
Additionally, once the Nighthold is open, any new Legendaries you discover will already be item level 940.

So what you're saying is I shouldn't get my alt capped before next week raid reset?
01/11/2017 10:42 AMPosted by Darksmear

Haven't been on the team as long as others :) Not on the forums all day every day as Ornyx is, mostly a lurker working on other behind-the-scenes stuff. But this bear will show up every once in a while.