Legendary Upgrades After the Nighthold Opens

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 17 Next
Hi there,

It feels very weird that when Emissary bags are supposed to be NOT retrospective as a design decision (when you state only new bags grant 940 legendaries), they are able to produce 7.1.5 Legendaries EVEN IF THEY WERE OBTAINED BEFORE THE PATCH IS LIVE - which is acceptable if we assume legendary "lottery" is something independent from the normal bag content (=resource, 835+ epic, blabla), but it is really confusing now - is or isn't the content determined when you obtain the bag?

Also, are you in some form encouraging players to store emissary bags - look, let's put all of them till 7.2 and open them then?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

do you *WANT* subs to drop like a stone? because that's exactly how you get people to stop. "Hey, nice RNG luck you had there, too bad that they're now 30 item levels lower than the new ones, best of luck getting new versions of the ones you want"

I realize that, I just thought that posters entitlement was getting out of hand by saying people who got legendaries already were being punished. I have legendaries and I have no problem doing that quest to upgrade them.

He also said for lack of a better word:) Punishment may not have been the best word and he was trying to make sure that was clear in the post.
01/11/2017 11:56 AMPosted by Roxette

do you *WANT* subs to drop like a stone? because that's exactly how you get people to stop. "Hey, nice RNG luck you had there, too bad that they're now 30 item levels lower than the new ones, best of luck getting new versions of the ones you want"

I realize that, I just thought that posters entitlement was getting out of hand by saying people who got legendaries already were being punished. I have legendaries and I have no problem doing that quest to upgrade them.

TIL not liking arbitrary segregation is "entitlement"

The problem isn't doing the quest to upgrade the legendaries, the problem is that only some players need to do it, while others get theirs for 'free'.

EDIT: Which is why my original post said: "Either make EVERYONE need to do the quest, or just do what you did last time and upgrade the item levels of all legendaries."
01/11/2017 11:59 AMPosted by Valdrasha

The problem isn't doing the quest to upgrade the legendaries, the problem is that only some players need to do it, while others get theirs for 'free'.

... lol you can get yours after the patch for 'free' too.

he's playing the "lol, i was only pretending to be retarded" card. this is why i don't often venture out of D&R
01/11/2017 12:01 PMPosted by Burntfood

he's playing the "lol, i was only pretending to be retarded" card. this is why i don't often venture out of D&R

Well go back to D & R because gear always works this way. The newer gear is a higher item lvl than the older gear. Blizzard realized people would be unhappy having their old legendaries becoming obsolete and they allowed a mechanism that would allow you to upgrade them.

3-4 legendaries is better than 1-2 legendaries which is what 'new' people will only have for months. That poster just chooses to see things in a glass half empty approach.
Are we able to stockpile caches to acquire the essences of aman'thul? Or will this only drop on caches acquired after nighthold releases?
01/11/2017 10:48 AMPosted by Shellhehxdqt

These will drop in all difficulties of the Nighthold, LFR included.

Will there be a lockout on a per boss basis, or a per difficulty basis?

It will be on a per-boss basis.
I liked the part where you threw Ornyx under the bus. He made a long post saying he does all sorts of things and they're working on better communication, and we have it straight from the source that he spends 'all day, every day' on the forums and posts about a handful of specs.
01/11/2017 10:36 AMPosted by Rythmor
01/11/2017 10:32 AMPosted by Snòòp
Will it be available on all levels of NH?

These will drop in all difficulties of the Nighthold, LFR included.

Will there be a once per boss lockout on the drops, or once per boss per difficulty?

That is, can we do LFR, then normal, then heroic, for three drop chances per boss?

edit- aaaand ninja'd

Lame as usual.

alright, thank you. Any chance at knowing the rate at which they drop? 1 drop per boss?

So the max you can get is 10 per week from bosses?

Then how many do we need to get?
01/11/2017 11:19 AMPosted by Shamangos
This better be very fast to upgrade one or this is going to be another annoying grind in the game. Would be especially annoying if it's long considering new ones automatically are 940, so RNG trumps all once again.

Don't worry I"m sure it will be 0-1 per boss or cache, think of how the drop rate of the curious coin is, that is how it will be. I just got a new legendary yesterday and no "Excitement" came over me like they have been bragging about should since legendaries came out. My excitement was crushed knowing I should have waited til next week to play now knowing I have to grind to update it. I can't believe they actually come up with these stupid ideas. Then I look at the state of hunter and realize how they can.

Thank you!! This is much appreciated. Archimtiros on Twitter was asking

It drops from many sources though, so the question is whether you can double dip on sources or only get X per wk.

and if so, how many are needed/how many weeks it should take to finish one upgrade.
@Rythmor

Are you regretting posting anything yet? :)

We just like details so we can be educated on things. We dont mean to come off like a lynch mob:)
01/11/2017 12:12 PMPosted by Kragle

Lame as usual.
Much like the ring upgrade in HFC - doing archimonde on multiple difficulties only have you one token a week.

It's fine.
01/11/2017 12:19 PMPosted by Noobifrey
01/11/2017 11:19 AMPosted by Shamangos
This better be very fast to upgrade one or this is going to be another annoying grind in the game. Would be especially annoying if it's long considering new ones automatically are 940, so RNG trumps all once again.

Don't worry I"m sure it will be 0-1 per boss or cache, think of how the drop rate of the curious coin is, that is how it will be. I just got a new legendary yesterday and no "Excitement" came over me like they have been bragging about should since legendaries came out. My excitement was crushed knowing I should have waited til next week to play now knowing I have to grind to update it. I can't believe they actually come up with these stupid ideas. Then I look at the state of hunter and realize how they can.

How would you do this better then ? And remember there are a lot of people who play this game and people who don't raid like me were already getting bored because doing world quests is only interesting for so long. I was ready to stop doing them, I need motivation to keep doing them or else I would probably just go and play D3 and unsub here until flying.
Does it automatically upgrade it from 910 to 940 or is it a step system like Obliterum?
"everyone loves these collect quests!" -blizz