Fly Hacks are back ....

General Discussion
Blizzard just banning these fly hacks isn't enough....all they have to do is buy another Legion pack with the boost and they are right back into fly hacking out in Broken Isles cause Legion gives them 100 boost....just seen a druid in stag form fly right by me up in the air while I was out herbing with my druid out in Stormhiem...as I tried to get a screen shot they were out of sight and no way to get it.
It's a constant game of whack-a-mole. Keep reporting them when you see them.
I don't think the core issue of "fly hacking" will be resolved until Blizzard makes some systemic changes to the way the game client works.
Don't waste time trying to get a screenshot, just report.

2 ways to report (typing this out so everyone else knows, not just OP). If you can click on the character, do so and right click on their portrait, then report. It'll open up a window that sends the character name and other data to blizzard. If you can't click on them thanks to camera angle or whatever, try to get their name, and then open a ticket explaining what <name> was doing.

The data that blizzard collects on our characters is more helpful than a screenshot, all they need is a name.
The solution is pretty obvious to me. They should open up flying for all of us.

I have a whole stable of alts I refuse to play until I have flying.
12/10/2016 06:42 AMPosted by Melianthe

2 ways to report (typing this out so everyone else knows, not just OP). If you can click on the character, do so and right click on their portrait, then report. It'll open up a window that sends the character name and other data to blizzard. If you can't click on them thanks to camera angle or whatever, try to get their name, and then open a ticket explaining what <name> was doing.

The data that blizzard collects on our characters is more helpful than a screenshot, all they need is a name.

that is the problem is having enough time to click and get the name why I was going with a screen shot to get the name ..this one flew so dang fast past me I was unable to get the name/realm fast enough.

You noted their class when they went by, if they are also from your server you could do a /who druid 110 (zone) and it will list all the druids in the area. When you see the one that you saw you could then report it with all the info you needed. Maybe even get them to whisper you so you can click their name to make it easier.

that is the problem is having enough time to click and get the name why I was going with a screen shot to get the name ..this one flew so dang fast past me I was unable to get the name/realm fast enough.
I'm not reporting anyone smart enough to fly when Blizz says no flying yet. I just wish I was that smart and brave enough to risk my account. I'm not.

The withholding of flying is just stupid. Flying was one of the biggest attractions of WoW when it was released in Outland. Blizzard deserves to be running around trying to stop someone from doing something that was previously allowed.
12/10/2016 08:30 AMPosted by Bobhunterco
I'm not reporting anyone smart enough to fly when Blizz says no flying yet. I just wish I was that smart and brave enough to risk my account. I'm not.

The withholding of flying is just stupid. Flying was one of the biggest attractions of WoW when it was released in Outland. Blizzard deserves to be running around trying to stop someone from doing something that was previously allowed.

Flying is good botting is bad. Give us flying now kthx
"If flying is illegal, only criminals will have flying"
I don't care to report them myself. I don't blame them, I blame Blizzard for not letting us all have it. So more power to them.
I am confused... your telling me that idiots get banned for hacking, so they spend a lot of money to re-buy the game, set up another account and use the same hacks?
Not all that bright...
fly hacks never left

I disagree with this. Blizz does not care. Reporting does not do anything. Now a screenshot (with the name edited out of course) will at least make this issue known, and that's the first step to getting something done.

Report if you like, but player awareness is more important.
Wait until tokens can be used for battle.net balance. They wont even need to spend real money to buy the game anymore.

I don't believe there is any active bot check in the game. They just save up the reports for a couple weeks then go through and ban them.
12/10/2016 12:16 PMPosted by Alliiana
I am confused... your telling me that idiots get banned for hacking, so they spend a lot of money to re-buy the game, set up another account and use the same hacks?
Not all that bright...

These are bots. It takes Blizzard weeks (months in some cases) to ban them. By that time, they've already sold everything off, laundered the gold, and turned a profit selling it, so the cost of the game+expansion doesn't matter. Realistically, cost doesn't even matter here: it's typically pure profit, since the companies that operate these accounts use stolen credit cards and compromised PayPal accounts anyway.
This reminds me of the saying, "if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."
Replace "guns" with "flying" and correct the verbiage.

Just level the playing field blizzard, "no-flying" has been a failed experiment. All you've done is given cheaters an advantage.

In addition, the laughable "punishments" that you hand out make me want to start cheating. As long as the repercussions are minimal, why would I fear them?

The amount of gold/materials they accumulate (and launder) before getting caught easily justifies the cost of cheating (otherwise they wouldn't do it).
12/10/2016 12:20 PMPosted by Aliandrin

I disagree with this. Blizz does not care.

I think they care. In the same sense that a business cares when you call them on the phone and get put into a queue with a recorded message, 'your call is important to us'. I always think, 'not important enough for you to hire someone to answer the phone'.

Blizzard cares, but the resources they are willing to allocate to the problem are limited.
12/10/2016 12:45 PMPosted by Padder
12/10/2016 12:20 PMPosted by Aliandrin

I disagree with this. Blizz does not care.

I think they care. In the same sense that a business cares when you call them on the phone and get put into a queue with a recorded message, 'your call is important to us'. I always think, 'not important enough for you to hire someone to answer the phone'.

Blizzard cares, but the resources they are willing to allocate to the problem are limited.

Limited and directly proportional to the money they lose from not addressing the problem.

Awareness will inflate that number.
What money are they losing? Nobody here seems to be saying, 'I quit because I saw someone cheating'.

It isn't costing Blizzard anything. So they 'care' only in the academic sense.
12/10/2016 01:16 PMPosted by Padder
What money are they losing? Nobody here seems to be saying, 'I quit because I saw someone cheating'.

It isn't costing Blizzard anything. So they 'care' only in the academic sense.

People don't quit because they see someone cheating but they might because they know it's everywhere.