First expac I want to quit :/

General Discussion
In 12 years. I'm totally miserable. I've taken breaks before, lots of times - but it was always at the end of an expac cycle, when I'd done everything and I'd leveled all my alts and geared them up.

This expac though?

It's a drag -- after you level for the VERY first time. That was really fun, but I did that, three times already.

Everything feels like a grind. Artifact Power, Order Hall Resources for alts, just having alts at all feels like a horrible slog like it never, ever, did before.

World Quests have all been done before and so, none of them are fresh or new, I've seen them all. I've done them and so, they are merely dailies again, just *exactly* like before. Sure, you don't have to do them, just like you don't have to do dailies. But it's the same old, same old. And it's WORSE than before, all because of those dang Artifact weapons.

Want to try a new spec for fun, to switch things up? Oh, oops, sorry, you will not be effective for weeks. Gotta grind out some more AP. And you will never be effective as your "main" spec until you spend *months* again, grinding that Artifact Power. Sorry. Also, whoops, Blizzard ruined this spec.... so, ouchie, you gotta go ahead and do that grind. Sorry.

Want to actually DO that grind? Well, you get to go do content that you have already seen, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Sorry.

Then, because Blizzard decided to one-up themselves, they decided to throw in RNG into the regular grind mix. Ohhhh, you wanted to get a reward at the end of that grind? Well, there is a *chance* for you to get it. And that is fun, right? Fun because it's like gambling, yeah. Except, you had to grind for weeks doing the same content repeatedly not *for* something this time, just for a chance at something.

Except Artifact Power. That's the one single thing we can count on. But then because they don't want us "finishing" their content too fast (and making ANY switch from one spec disgusting) they make the grind for Artifact Power the worst slog of all.

The first experience of leveling is fun as hell.

The zones are beautiful.

The actual expansion feel is the worst I've ever felt in 12 years of playing and 25 years of being a Blizzard fan.
Your doing something wrong, I was able to gain 2 of the golden dragons on my Kingslayers, in a single half a Saturday, when my AK was only at around 16-17.
Yes they have to fix some major issue, however, legion is the best expansion so far and they fixed so many issues that's has plagued WoW for years.

Rock on!
K bye
12/22/2016 07:46 AMPosted by Tealamek
and they fixed so many issues that's has plagued WoW for years.

Rock on!

I must have been so bogged down with all the new issues they've created that I've completely failed to notice this plague removal.
I leveled doom hammer is one night. Getting around 17 to 26+ K per quest. Mythi + give 15k... Literally took me 3 hour to get 3 golds...
12/22/2016 07:50 AMPosted by Avangaline
and they fixed so many issues that's has plagued WoW for years.

Rock on!

I must have been so bogged down with all the new issues they've created that I've completely failed to notice this plague removal.

Yea I'm sort of interested as well what they fixed...
12/22/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Thistlespark
In 12 years. I'm totally miserable. I've taken breaks before, lots of times - but it was always at the end of an expac cycle, when I'd done everything and I'd leveled all my alts and geared them up.

This expac though?

It's a drag -- after you level for the VERY first time. That was really fun, but I did that, three times already.

Everything feels like a grind. Artifact Power, Order Hall Resources for alts, just having alts at all feels like a horrible slog like it never, ever, did before.

World Quests have all been done before and so, none of them are fresh or new, I've seen them all. I've done them and so, they are merely dailies again, just *exactly* like before. Sure, you don't have to do them, just like you don't have to do dailies. But it's the same old, same old. And it's WORSE than before, all because of those dang Artifact weapons.

Want to try a new spec for fun, to switch things up? Oh, oops, sorry, you will not be effective for weeks. Gotta grind out some more AP. And you will never be effective as your "main" spec until you spend *months* again, grinding that Artifact Power. Sorry. Also, whoops, Blizzard ruined this spec.... so, ouchie, you gotta go ahead and do that grind. Sorry.

Want to actually DO that grind? Well, you get to go do content that you have already seen, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Sorry.

Then, because Blizzard decided to one-up themselves, they decided to throw in RNG into the regular grind mix. Ohhhh, you wanted to get a reward at the end of that grind? Well, there is a *chance* for you to get it. And that is fun, right? Fun because it's like gambling, yeah. Except, you had to grind for weeks doing the same content repeatedly not *for* something this time, just for a chance at something.

Except Artifact Power. That's the one single thing we can count on. But then because they don't want us "finishing" their content too fast (and making ANY switch from one spec disgusting) they make the grind for Artifact Power the worst slog of all.

The first experience of leveling is fun as hell.

The zones are beautiful.

The actual expansion feel is the worst I've ever felt in 12 years of playing and 25 years of being a Blizzard fan.

If you find AP to be a grind, you're doing it wrong. There's no rush. With AK scaling, the time you put in later is worth more than the time you put in now, making it easy to level up new weapons.

It's a long end-game progression and not meant to be grinded.
Tons of people are bailing for sure. Every guild I have toons in has seen a huge loss. IN the last online area it says 2-3 months, usually 2.... The grind is real and not fun. I only play now because of game tokens and I need a time killer.

In the words of the great BB KING... The thrill is gone.
/wrists
I've been going slow on AP hunting while also constantly keeping research going so I don't fall behind too much.

I'm also only using one character this time around, it's saved me some sanity. My Demon Hunter and Shaman are side projects.
I'm not sure how Legion is getting to you this badly when Cata and WoD were way more miserable experiences. You must be just getting sick of the game in general.
12/22/2016 07:24 AMPosted by Thistlespark

You mean like every single expansion? Sounds like you're burned out and need a break if you think Legion is worst than any other expansion.

I'll agree that right now AK/AP can be annoying on a new alt, but in a few weeks everyone will be able to buy AK up to rank 20 for their alts which will allow you to fill out most of a new artifact in an hour. On the other hand, Legion throws epic at you making the easiest gear progression in wow's history. Not to mention, you can craft an entire set of 855 gear for an alt.

As far as the repetition. How were the other expansions better? Was getting a netherdrake/ray on a alt super new and exciting the 2nd or 3rd time? Getting the rep for heroic keys? Doing the exact same dailies every day on every character. When leveling an alt doing the exact same zones. At least in Legion a Rogue engineer starting at Azsuna and moving clockwise is a very different experience from a Mage alchemist starting in Stormheim and moving counter clockwise.
This expansion I have welcomed all the things to do. I too have kept a sub running since I started playing, never missed a month. Well... Until towards the end of Warlords, then it ran out for 6 months. So I'd rather be swamped with stuff to do than be bored out of my skull.

To each his own, I hope you find what you are looking for.
I believe the class pruning and the blanket nerfs to already hurting class *cough* are harder to deal with than AK and RNG combined.
This is nothing compared to games, such as Everquest, where you're grinding constantly for AA's. I do wish they'd bring some abilities back, for all classes, and not lock them behind talent selection or PvP talents.

I miss you, Sub :|
Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and I understand that completely. I have played this game on and off for around 11 years myself and I feel pretty much the opposite of you actually. I have been enjoying this expansion more than any expansion since BC. I know most will disagree with me on this, but it doesn't feel like a grind to me. Instead I feel a sense of progression which I enjoy.

I know part of the reason I am loving this expansion so much is the lore. As far as having to do the same content over and over and over and over when playing alts, this is nothing new. This has pretty much been true for any expansion. Classic was the only time where you had numerous options about where you wanted to go to level. While I enjoyed BC when it was live, I now dread playing through that content when I hit 60. I have done it so much. I much prefer world quests to the same dailies every single day. I have gotten nice upgrades and have been able to build up my character by doing those and I am a very casual player these days. I am ilevel 842 (which I know isn't the best) without really having to put much effort into the game and just by playing normally and very casually.

Also, I don't stress about alts or what needs to be done on x amount of characters. This is my main and I have many, many alts. I just play what I'm in the mood for. This is a game. So many people play it like a job and a chore always stressing about what needs to be done or what they haven't done or don't have yet. I used to be that way myself during Classic and BC when I was into raiding hardcore. It started to feel like a job and I was no longer having fun and quit for some time. When I returned I changed my mindset. This game is so much more fun for me now and I'm still really enjoying Legion a lot.
Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 10
Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 0

Don't complain about something if you're not even putting in any effort lol.
Everyone has their own feelings and opinions about any expansion. As they should. :)

I must say, however, that I disagree with everything you said.

I don't feel like AP is a grind at all. It falls into my bags with everything I do. I make a point of doing the AP WQs on most days, but I'd be doing "dailies" regardless. I do the Pet Battle ones and the PvP ones too and sometimes the ones for gear items even though I don't need the gear...I need the enchanting mats they'll give me. I'll look at my addon and it'll tell me that there's...oh, say...217550 AP on the map. By the time I log out I look and there's twice that in my bags and I didn't even realize I'd done anything extra...

Guild Chat: Anyone up for a Mythic + (or Random BG or Random Heroic)?
Me: Surely...invite.
Guildmate1: Yep...let's go.
Guildmate2: Me Me Me Me
and so on...

Who's grinding? I've got 2 weapons at 35 points and my last one at about 24 points barely even paying attention.

As far as alts go... I play alts as alts. They are just there for fun. If I want to do a few WQs I do. If I don't...so what? Even only logging into my alts sporadically they're fine for what I use them for. I don't need every toon geared to the hilt or raiding or doing anything.

I'm having a blast this expansion. More fun than I've had since Wrath. I'm looking forward to everything they've said they're gonna throw at us.

I think a lot of the burn out and "grindfest" thinking comes from the way you play, or the way you look at playing (and not even just you, there seem to be a lot of posts on the forums with your same sentiment).

Stop trying to get everything "now". Just play the game.

Stop trying to make every character exactly the same. You can have characters that just do professions and profession related quests. You can have characters that do nothing but PvP and instance. You can have characters that do nothing but Pet Battle. You can have whatever you want. The account wide unlocks they added, and the AK catch up they're adding, negate the need to go through the entire leveling process doing all of the zones and grinding all of the rep, etc.

It's only a grind if you make it a grind. And if you make it a grind there's no wonder you're miserable. Who wants that?...no one I know.
Yes they have to fix some major issue, however, legion is the best expansion so far and they fixed so many issues that's has plagued WoW for years.

Rock on!

If anything they've created more issues that didn't exist. They now have to balance classes around RNG legendaries, they (unsuccessfully) reinvented the wheel with class design, annihilated a working PvP gear upgrade system by removing vendors and replacing it with RNG, less arena PvP rewards, etc.
12/22/2016 08:53 AMPosted by Averagetroll
Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 10
Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 0

Don't complain about something if you're not even putting in any effort lol.

So is the games value and enjoyment based on "putting in time" on Mythics?