Rename the Alliance

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
To the Human Empire, since it seems the Humans will always lead it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/character/anduin-wrynn
:(
01/18/2017 05:19 PMPosted by Kynaria
:(

You'll still have a place in the empire.
I get you're upset that there's one thread where people are agreeing that 41% of the horde being belf is a little excessive, but its not like anyone (sane) is asking for belves to be removed.

Your comparison to humans for the alliance is pretty accurate though. I wish we had more gnomes/dwarves, but vanity rules the day.
01/18/2017 05:20 PMPosted by Korojin
You'll still have a place in the empire.

Our awesomeness will still be obscured by them. When will the Kaldorei have our rightful moment to shine?
Says the human playing an elf on the horde side..
01/18/2017 05:24 PMPosted by Kynaria
Our awesomeness will still be obscured by them. When will the Kaldorei have our rightful moment to shine?

You could have just let Fandral Staghelm lead you to glory, but nooooooo.
01/18/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Lárisa
I get you're upset that there's one thread where people are agreeing that 41% of the horde being belf is a little excessive, but its not like anyone (sane) is asking for belves to be removed.

Your comparison to humans for the alliance is pretty accurate though. I wish we had more gnomes/dwarves, but vanity rules the day.

Did you even read the link? Anduin is the High King of the Alliance which means the Alliance is now a monarchy under the Human rule.
01/18/2017 05:23 PMPosted by Lárisa

Legion arbitrarily turned the position of High King into a hereditary title linked to the throne of Stormwind. Even though Blizzard keeps saying it's purely a military title, Varian had plenty of control over the domestic issues of the other nations. They're all vassals of Stormwind now.
01/18/2017 05:26 PMPosted by Korojin
You could have just let Fandral Staghelm lead you to glory, but nooooooo.

The firelands isn't a pleasant place to live in. Just imagine the entire world like that. And we would still be under someone's command.
TBH, though, which Alliance leader would actually want that position, and be able to do it effectively?

Tyrande has commitments with Elune and watching over the Druids, and really doesn't have much interest in the "outside" world. She'd much rather be back home doing Priestess things.

Dwarves are ruled by a council because they literally went to war with each other over who would have the throne. Could you imagine the kind of !@#$storm that would create if one of them was chosen of High King/ Queen of the Alliance?

Velen might be a good choice, but he just recently told his peeps to get the spaceship up and running, so he's got bigger fish to fry than commanding the Alliance.

Mekkatorque would be a solid choice, but him, and the Gnomes at large are more worried about getting Gnomergan back, and fixing it up. If this were to be accomplished, he would be a good candidate. He's incredibly intelligent, and able to work with others quite well.

Genn is a recent addition, but he's the leader of a pack of refugees. As to his commitment to the Alliance, let me throw out a reminder that this is the guy who, when asked to assist the Alliance, he built a HUGE FREAKIN WALL and hid behind it. His commitment is suspect, at the very least. Also he's human, which goes against the point of your post.

It makes sense for the Alliance to be behind the Humans.
01/18/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Kynaria
The firelands isn't a pleasant place to live in. Just imagine the entire world like that. And we would still be under someone's command.

It's fine, just force the gnomes to invent air conditioning.
Humans will continue to lead it as long as humans form the backbone of the Alliance.
I'd say "then you'd have to rename the Horde to Blood Elf Empire" then I realized we should actually do that anyway
NEW FACTION SPLIT!!! (work in progress)
Taurens, Draenei, Pandarens, and Night Elves go together.
Undead and Blood Elves have certain similarities.
Humans and Worgen of course.
Dwarves and Gnomes? Long history, sure ...
Orcs, Trolls, and Goblins would still be the Horde.
Can't really see why some of them would stick with the others, though.
Excuse me, did you just race my assumption?
01/18/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Atromnis
It makes sense for the Alliance to be behind the Humans.

I always wondered why there's still this thing of "High King". Why can't a council lead the Alliance? I mean, there's the other racial leaders, but... No leader should be above the others.

Why can't the races just mind their own business? They are just allied (Read: Not enemies) after all.
Well it's not like the High King title they introduced in MoP helps deter this sentiment any, despite it apparently inexplicably being a strictly military title...that the Priest King with no known actual military experience just as inexplicably holds.
01/18/2017 05:35 PMPosted by Strike
Excuse me, did you just race my assumption?

Shut up and get back to ruling the Alliance.
01/18/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Atromnis
TBH, though, which Alliance leader would actually want that position, and be able to do it effectively?
None of the leaders should have it, because then they have reason to put the needs of their own nation over the faction as a whole. That was the entire reason the position of Supreme Commander was given to Lothar instead of someone like Terenas.

Ditch the name High King, change it back to Supreme Commander, give it to someone like Shandris, or Boros. You know, the people that are supposed to be the actual military commanders.