Rename the Alliance

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
01/18/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Korojin
01/18/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Kynaria
The firelands isn't a pleasant place to live in. Just imagine the entire world like that. And we would still be under someone's command.

It's fine, just force the gnomes to invent air conditioning.

And ruin a perfectly good opportunity to enslave the water elementals to make hot springs?
01/18/2017 05:36 PMPosted by Kynaria
01/18/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Atromnis
It makes sense for the Alliance to be behind the Humans.

I always wondered why there's still this thing of "High King". Why can't a council lead the Alliance? I mean, there's the other racial leaders, but... No leader should be above the others.

Why can't the races just mind their own business? They are just allied (Read: Not enemies) after all.
Because it's easier for them to consolidate the faction under one person, like the Horde under their Warchief, and mirror things than to do it properly.
Varian's last words weren't "For the humans."
01/18/2017 05:32 PMPosted by Korojin
It's fine, just force the gnomes to invent air conditioning.

Meh, i wouldn't want to rely in the inferior races' "technology". Plus the landscape would still be pretty arid and dull.
01/18/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Korojin
Shut up and get back to ruling the Alliance.

I'll have you know that I'm a legendary half-breed non-spikey haired super saiyan. And the correct way of addressing me is 'bhaaae'.
01/18/2017 05:40 PMPosted by Kynaria
Meh, i wouldn't want to rely in the inferior races' "technology". Plus the landscape would still be pretty arid and dull.

Then there is no pleasing you princess.
01/18/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Strike
I'll have you know that I'm a legendary half-breed non-spikey haired super saiyan. And the correct way of addressing me is 'bhaaae'.

That isn't even your final form.
Then there is no pleasing you princess.

Shush, talking cow!
Are you asking to be filleted and cooked?
01/18/2017 05:41 PMPosted by Korojin
That isn't even your final form.

Depends on which sequel I am in.
TBH, though, which Alliance leader would actually want that position, and be able to do it effectively?

Bring Magni back to the forefront. He not only has was it takes to lead the Alliance he is bad @$$ enough to get the job done right.

In fact just about anyone would be better than some kid with no experience that is currently mourning his father. I mean seriously, between Velen, Tyrande, and Malfurion you have literally 10's of thousands of years of leadership experience and no one thought "uh, maybe this pimple faced kid isn't quite ready to lead an entire world against an unending immortal demon army lead by a mad Titan god"?

It's not even a believable outcome to Varian dying when you stop to think about it.
01/18/2017 05:39 PMPosted by Macávity
Varian's last words weren't "For the humans."

Lot of Confederates cried, "For the South!"
Now, I wonder, was the Confederacy/South entirely whites? Was the war being waged for the benefit of the non-whites?
Has Varian already demonstrated racist ideology?
Yeah ... this does not help your argument.
TYRANDE FOR HIGH PRIESTESS OF THE ALLIANCE!

#WHISPERWIND2017
01/18/2017 05:44 PMPosted by Kynaria
Shush, talking cow!
Are you asking to be filleted and cooked?

You don't want to eat me, I'd go straight to your thighs.
01/18/2017 05:44 PMPosted by Strike
Depends on which sequel I am in.

All of them.

At the same time.
01/18/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Caelus

#WHISPERWIND2017

We'd have to dump Malf in a ditch somewhere first.

And I'm okay with that.
Lets rename them from The Alliance to The Enemies.
01/18/2017 05:45 PMPosted by Moonfalls
TBH, though, which Alliance leader would actually want that position, and be able to do it effectively?

Bring Magni back to the forefront. He not only has was it takes to lead the Alliance he is bad @$$ enough to get the job done right.

In fact just about anyone would be better than some kid with no experience that is currently mourning his father. I mean seriously, between Velen, Tyrande, and Malfurion you have literally 10's of thousands of years of leadership experience and no one thought "uh, maybe this pimple faced kid isn't quite ready to lead an entire world against an unending immortal demon army lead by a mad Titan god"?

It's not even a believable outcome to Varian dying when you stop to think about it.

Oh he has bigger roles now.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/character/magni-bronzebeard

Magni Bronzebeard "Herald of Azeroth"
01/18/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Caelus

#WHISPERWIND2017

MAIEV FOR HIGH PRIESTESS OF THE ALLIANCE!

#SHADOWSONG2017
01/18/2017 05:37 PMPosted by Kyveli
Ditch the name High King, change it back to Supreme Commander, give it to someone like Shandris, or Boros. You know, the people that are supposed to be the actual military commanders.
Agreed, but Lothar had much more pull within each faction when they founded the Alliance than either of those two currently have. Honestly, I'm not too well read on current Alliance politics, but I think having Gelbin be Supreme Commander would be a great step. He's level-headed, a strategic genius, and has the most to give to the Alliance. Unfortunately, for these reasons, he won't be chosen for that role. It would significantly diminish the Horde/Alliance "conflict".
I'm pretty sure I read a convincing argument some where that stated to the effect of:
Human's were chosen because they were the most moderate.
They also pretty much managed the war against the original Horde invasion with the help of the others. That would have proven their capability to lead and made heroes out of them. Maybe they are chosen because the other leaders realize that a hierarchy is needed to maintain leadership.
Humans, typically, are far better at being leaders than the others. Humans have consistently been uniters in Warcraft history, and that's what we need right now.
01/18/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Kynaria
MAIEV FOR HIGH PRIESTESS OF THE ALLIANCE!

#SHADOWSONG2017

I am also okay with this.
01/18/2017 05:47 PMPosted by Frostscythe

Oh he has bigger roles now.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/character/magni-bronzebeard

Magni Bronzebeard "Herald of Azeroth"

Yeah I know, but its not exactly like he has been super busy in Legion so far. As usual if its not human or orc its out. That's why I am suspicious of what they are setting Illidan up for. I have no doubt we will be saved by Thrall or Anduin by the end of this.