Rename the Alliance

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
01/18/2017 05:46 PMPosted by Korojin
We'd have to dump Malf in a ditch somewhere first.

And I'm okay with that.

TYRANDE! WHERE ARE YOU??
Coming from a blood elf? Lol.... I'm guessing you are all for changing the horde's name to the blood elf empire...
01/18/2017 05:10 PMPosted by Frostscythe
To the Human Empire, since it seems the Humans will always lead it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/character/anduin-wrynn

You know in wc3 the alliance is called "human", and the horde is called "orcs".
Could also r3name alliance to Gay Pride.

Obvious reasons...
01/18/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Zelgardis

a simplier time, back when hash tag was still called pound signs
01/18/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Atellus
Coming from a blood elf? Lol.... I'm guessing you are all for changing the horde's name to the blood elf empire...

Elven Empire and stealing the Night Elves while kicking the lesser races out.
01/18/2017 05:52 PMPosted by Moonfalls
Yeah I know, but its not exactly like he has been super busy in Legion so far.
Off-screen, Azeroth is telling him how to help; what needs to be done. Maybe in a future patch, they'll delve into that. But as for right now, he's renounced his right to the throne, and essentially has no interest in leading anymore. He would make a good Alliance leader, though.
They need to bring old Tyrande back.

Seriously, she's a powerful Priestess with thousands of years of experience and a goddess on her back.

With the right writting, Tyrande can become a powerhouse. But sadly, she's not human.
01/18/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Atellus
Warchief hasn't been turned into a hereditary title linked to the throne of Silvermoon.

When it comes to population, how are humans still above any other Alliance race anyway? They've been fighting against world-ending threats almost nonstop for 30+ years and have lost every kingdom but Stormwind.
01/18/2017 05:57 PMPosted by Zelgardis
01/18/2017 05:10 PMPosted by Frostscythe
To the Human Empire, since it seems the Humans will always lead it.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/character/anduin-wrynn

You know the Humans in WC3 are also not the same Humans from the WoW Alliance.
01/18/2017 06:00 PMPosted by Zelgius

Seriously, she's a powerful Priestess with thousands of years of experience and a goddess on her back.

With the right writting, Tyrande can become a powerhouse. But sadly, she's not human.

Well, that's kinda the reason for the thread though "with the right writing". I don't expect Shakespeare to come pouring out of my screen but some common sense would be nice. You have a room full of uber powerful and ancient beings and they all agree to put a someone in charge still going through puberty? What?

I would agree Tyrande would be a good choice as well but anytime they try and put her into the story her writing is just horrible. Her character is better off not being in the spotlight frankly. :p
01/18/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Moonfalls
01/18/2017 06:00 PMPosted by Zelgius

Well, that's kinda the reason for the thread though "with the right writing". I don't expect Shakespeare to come pouring out of my screen but some common sense would be nice. You have a room full of uber powerful and ancient beings and they all agree to put a someone in charge still going through puberty? What?

I would agree Tyrande would be a good choice as well but anytime they try and put her into the story her writing is just horrible. Her character is better off not being in the spotlight frankly. :p

Imo Anduin is in the same boat as Baine they could be good leaders one day but right now they are just way too young and haven't got the experience needed to lead by themselves, this is also why i think Sylvanas is a better pick for warchief over Baine.
humans are the core and backbone of the alliance, its only natural theres more of them (lorewise).

i would worry if we saw dranaei/gnomes/etc in bigger numbers than humans
Is there a way to silence Elven 'hero' classes? Getting a bit tired of hearing these DKs and DHs...
01/18/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Frostscythe
01/18/2017 06:06 PMPosted by Moonfalls

Imo Anduin is in the same boat as Baine they could be good leaders one day but right now they are just way too young and haven't got the experience needed to lead by themselves, this is also why i think Sylvanas is a better pick for warchief over Baine.

Agreed, I'm not saying Anduin should be forgotten either though since obviously he is supposed to be a big hero one day. For now though someone like Velen should be in charge with Anduin serving as his councilor or general or second-in-command or whatever. Would be a much more reasonable chain of events that doesn't leave the players going "uh wtf just happened here?".
01/18/2017 06:14 PMPosted by Nukun
Is there a way to silence Elven 'hero' classes? Getting a bit tired of hearing these DKs and DHs...

Is there a way to silence shadowy background people? Getting a bit tired of hearing them troll posting all the time.
01/18/2017 06:10 PMPosted by Frostscythe
I'd disagree just because Sylvanas is actively putting her own goals over the defense of Azeroth. Lor'themar would still be the best choice, but at least Baine would actually fight the Legion.
3 pages and no Adelphie?
01/18/2017 06:17 PMPosted by Schoolgirl
3 pages and no Adelphie?

Gotta summon 'em like Beetlejuice.
01/18/2017 05:30 PMPosted by Atromnis
TBH, though, which Alliance leader would actually want that position, and be able to do it effectively?

Tyrande has commitments with Elune and watching over the Druids, and really doesn't have much interest in the "outside" world. She'd much rather be back home doing Priestess things.

Dwarves are ruled by a council because they literally went to war with each other over who would have the throne. Could you imagine the kind of !@#$storm that would create if one of them was chosen of High King/ Queen of the Alliance?

Velen might be a good choice, but he just recently told his peeps to get the spaceship up and running, so he's got bigger fish to fry than commanding the Alliance.

Mekkatorque would be a solid choice, but him, and the Gnomes at large are more worried about getting Gnomergan back, and fixing it up. If this were to be accomplished, he would be a good candidate. He's incredibly intelligent, and able to work with others quite well.

Genn is a recent addition, but he's the leader of a pack of refugees. As to his commitment to the Alliance, let me throw out a reminder that this is the guy who, when asked to assist the Alliance, he built a HUGE FREAKIN WALL and hid behind it. His commitment is suspect, at the very least. Also he's human, which goes against the point of your post.

It makes sense for the Alliance to be behind the Humans.

Highlord Bolvar Fordragon, I really liked him. Now he is even more powerful; he will single handedly destroy the Legion; the dude is both life and death at the same time.. He cant even be destroyed, made undead or unalive for that matter. Not only this but AoE Hammer of Justice is OP.. Legion has no chance, and Highlord Bolvar Fordragon is the leader we both want and need.

Highlord Bolvar Fordragon for the Alliance, because he was the best "king" we ever had.