XFINITY WiFi User Experiencing Frequent DC's

Technical Support
I've only had this WiFi a while, and I have never been able to consistently play on it. It's gotten to the point where it's disconnecting me every 5 or LESS minutes. Some days it disconnects me before I even log in to the game. Is Xfinity a lost cause with WoW? I seem to find a lot of threads where people have similar issues. Is there something to fix on my end? Because they've came to my house and "Fixed it" four times, and it seems like I am getting no where.

HELP! Not being able to play is really a bummer..

(Note) I have tried a wired connection through the modem and still experience the disconnects.
same here but i get high ms then the game just freezes. comcast user
I was having the same issue with Xfinity WiFi. I ended up having to go to a hard wired connection to fix the issue. I tried every thing else to fix it and noting worked until going to the hard wire connection
Spectrum also having dc with wow to all day so far.
I know not my isp and it got be bliz end.
im hard wired issues still exist. speed test says dl is 231mbps and up is 10mbps.
Are you riding the xfinitywifi network, or your own network (your own SSID)?
01/11/2017 07:19 PMPosted by Vitandus
Are you riding the xfinitywifi network, or your own network (your own SSID)?
I actually don't know that, how would I find that out.
I had the same problems with Comcast Arris modem for months and months (I use a wired connection). Then I turned off the router and firewall within the Arris (Xfinity) modem and added a Linksys Router/firewall and all of my problems went away. I haven't had a disconnect in about 5 weeks since I did this.

My best guess is that something in the packets between Blizzard and the game client is being flagged by the router or the firewall. So I'm guessing that changing the firewall on my end has fixed that issue. I say this because nothing else changed between my computer and the Blizzard WoW servers, I'm getting the same routes as I was when I had all of my disconnect issues.
I have the same problem. Xfinity wifi, just started disconnecting much more frequenly after patch 7.1.5. It went from once or twice a day to once every 10 minutes. I have an external wifi connected that I use, so don't use the actual xfinity wifi within the modem itself. Still disconnecting all the time.
01/12/2017 10:59 AMPosted by Hurust
I had the same problems with Comcast Arris modem for months and months (I use a wired connection). Then I turned off the router and firewall within the Arris (Xfinity) modem and added a Linksys Router/firewall and all of my problems went away. I haven't had a disconnect in about 5 weeks since I did this.

My best guess is that something in the packets between Blizzard and the game client is being flagged by the router or the firewall. So I'm guessing that changing the firewall on my end has fixed that issue. I say this because nothing else changed between my computer and the Blizzard WoW servers, I'm getting the same routes as I was when I had all of my disconnect issues.
I'm definitely going to look into getting an external modem if it helps. Because Xfinity's speeds are good if I could just STAY CONNECTED
01/11/2017 09:01 AMPosted by Hutchinson
I've only had this WiFi a while, and I have never been able to consistently play on it. It's gotten to the point where it's disconnecting me every 5 or LESS minutes. Some days it disconnects me before I even log in to the game. Is Xfinity a lost cause with WoW? I seem to find a lot of threads where people have similar issues. Is there something to fix on my end? Because they've came to my house and "Fixed it" four times, and it seems like I am getting no where.

HELP! Not being able to play is really a bummer..

(Note) I have tried a wired connection through the modem and still experience the disconnects.

Xfinity works fine for me, but I'm not dumb enough to refer to it specifically as WiFi. I have a feeling that you should consider playing games that don't require a basic understanding of how the intardnet works, which would be any game that doesn't require an intardnet cun-tnection.
same problem! just spent a bunch of money on RaF and we cant even play!! plz advise?