Rez/Mass rez macro

UI and Macro
I'm trying (and failing) to make a working macro that can handle resurrection and mass rez both on one action button.

The trick is that Mass Rez needs no target... however, I'd like to be able to perform resurrection on mouseover, etc.

I've tried (an example, from my priest)...
#showtooltip Resurrection
/cast [modifier:shift] Mass Resurrection; [@mouseover,help,dead] [@focus,help,dead] [@target,help,dead] Resurrection
... and it tends not to cast anything at all, and not show the Mass rez on shift.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to do what I'm hoping?
It won't show Mass Rezz on shift because you've told it not to on the #showtooltip line;

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Mass Resurrection; [@mouseover,help,dead][@focus,help,dead][] Resurrection

Ensure you don't have shift+hotkey bound to anything.
I just came back to admit that was in error... the mass rez works fine. The individual, however, does not.
Just curious how you're testing it?.. unless people are willing to literally die for you ;-)

"You there!"
"Ma'am?"
"Yes you! I need to test something, go kill yourself!"
"Ma'am??"
"Come on, chop chop! I don't have all day!"
just wondering why use rez when mass rez is the same cast time?
01/06/2017 10:10 AMPosted by Hàdés

Mass Rez only works for people in your group.
01/06/2017 02:16 PMPosted by Elvenbane
01/06/2017 10:10 AMPosted by Hàdés

Mass Rez only works for people in your group.

Yup. That, plus I'd like it to be a macro that works for all my resurrection classes, even if they aren't in healer spec with a MR.

01/06/2017 04:30 AMPosted by Steelfistv
Just curious how you're testing it?.. unless people are willing to literally die for you ;-)

"You there!"
"Ma'am?"
"Yes you! I need to test something, go kill yourself!"
"Ma'am??"
"Come on, chop chop! I don't have all day!"

You know, I actually do have at least one friend that would test it for me if I caught her online? But sadly, I've only had party and raid members. :)

Now that I think about it... I do need to test it some more. Seems like there are times it works, and times it doesn't... and as I recall that seemed tied to the #showtooltip not working either. Which I tried to solve by adding the spellname.

Mmph. Further study required.
Adding the empty condition [] to Rez will cause the tooltip to display the Rez icon/tooltip when you have no other conditions met.

Essentially, the macro will display Rez unless you hold Shift.
Steel's version will always work, though personally I'd get rid of the focus condition.

Also, keep in mind that only healer specs have mass rez now.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,nospec:3] Mass Resurrection; [@mouseover,help,dead] [] Resurrection
01/06/2017 04:29 PMPosted by Elvenbane
Steel's version will always work, though personally I'd get rid of the focus condition.

Also, keep in mind that only healer specs have mass rez now.

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,nospec:3] Mass Resurrection; [@mouseover,help,dead] [] Resurrection

Yah, that's why I'm hoping for a catch-all macro I can use on all specs of a rezzing class. I didn't think of simplifying it down, and I'll have to give this a try.

Thanks guys!
I'm guessing "nospec:3" is specific to priests, and to say "not Shadow spec". Is it necessary?
I think the problem is that Resurrection is named differently on each healer class, so you can't have a single macro for all classes.
01/07/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Solithä
I'm guessing "nospec:3" is specific to priests, and to say "not Shadow spec". Is it necessary?

necessary? no but without it if you hit shift while spec'd shadow you'll get the ? for the icon because they don't have mass rez.
01/07/2017 05:07 PMPosted by Steelfistv
I think the problem is that Resurrection is named differently on each healer class, so you can't have a single macro for all classes.

I get what you're saying, but that's not the issue here. I have an "example" macro on the general tab, and copy/paste it to the individual character macro tab, filling in the class spells for each one.

01/07/2017 06:07 PMPosted by Elvenbane
01/07/2017 05:01 PMPosted by Solithä

necessary? no but without it if you hit shift while spec'd shadow you'll get the ? for the icon because they don't have mass rez.

Got it, and thank you.

Thank you all! You've been wonderfully helpful.