Being a GM for a day, what would you do?!

General Discussion
Without breaking the rules what would you do? Who would you spy on?

What actions would you take if you spot harassment, cheating, TOS, ect?

I'm curious to know what people can come up with, you can be as creative as you want with your time, maybe look at that world first kill of an epic organized raid and screen shot yourself in there as a contribute? lol?!
gms can't really do much.
Delete this thread.
If you mean CM then I'd ban everyone just because I can. It's only for a day so there is no reason why I should be concerned about keeping my job.
01/20/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Treesaiyan
Delete this thread.

And every thread started today and on Sundays.
QQ people with real concerns by posting on non-game/issue related threads like the space goat.
Follow bots around and fill their inventory with useless junk and then steal all their gold.
01/20/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Hazzir
Follow bots around and fill their inventory with useless junk and then steal all their gold.

Before permabanning them, I hope?
I would spend the day spawning world bosses in Orgrimmar and Stormwind. Over and over again. Non-stop.
01/20/2017 09:38 AMPosted by Cholie
Without breaking the rules

O_o You start with this and then promptly suggest things that almost certainly would be breaking the rules.

---

As for me, I read fast, and I'm pretty good at figuring out what people mean, and I do software testing / debugging for a living, so I'd probably zip through tickets without just sending a generic first response.

If we were talking forum moderation, probably something similar - try to get through enough reports quickly that players see a real difference on the forum.
01/20/2017 09:40 AMPosted by Gorev
01/20/2017 09:39 AMPosted by Treesaiyan
Delete this thread.

And every thread started today and on Sundays.

Conversely, i'd make every day Sunday on the forums.
01/20/2017 09:49 AMPosted by Gorev
01/20/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Hazzir

Before permabanning them, I hope?

I thought it would be more fun to mess with them then ban them since they'd likely just start up a new bot account right after.

If I was GM for more than one day I'd try and find their main account and ban that.
GM for just one day? Hmm. I'd probably just monitor chat in-game (Trade/General, I'm looking at you...) and hand out some stiff penalties for particularly egregious violations of the rules.

Either that, or visit some RP realms and give them some love. Taking care of harassment issues/tickets, naming violations, etc. I really feel like that needs some attention.
4 words.

GM Island dance party
I would make Nomi killable.
I would ban everyone for a day, and take the rest of the day off.
I would fix tab targeting.
Give out year long suspensions to everyone that uses anal, thunderfury, any type of politics, harambe, and any other stupid meme in trade and all other chat channels.
I wouldn't spend it nitpicking trade chat.

I'd storm through instances and battlegrounds smiting bots.
Create an "off topic" forum.