Debbie Reynolds...

Movies, TV and Entertainment
/Sigh. There are no words. I feel so bad for what this family is going through.
This really should be moved to the entertainment section, where the other 10 people who know who Debbie Reynolds is, can post their farewell.

R.I.P, Debbie.
12/28/2016 06:01 PMPosted by Ennaid
I grew up watching old movies and you don't know what you're missing

she was in more current stuff then just the 50's
the movie Body Guard
Roseanne (TV Series) 97
Will & Grace (TV Series) 96-2006
Family Guy (TV Series) 2008
The Penguins of Madagascar (TV Series) 2010
last thing she was in 2015

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001666/

she got a long list of film credits and tv appearances a well known she in every media from cartoons to movies to etc
12/28/2016 06:09 PMPosted by Zarìka
/Sigh. There are no words. I feel so bad for what this family is going through.

I do feel for the son, Todd and daughter/granddaughter, Billie, but also in a way, it's kind of beautiful when you think about it.

Some souls or spirits, what we really are, transcend the lives lived here in this place and time, together.
I think that's inspiring.

Celebs going down faster than beer at a frat party.
12/28/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Swålsh
This isn't Warcraft news

Lemme just make a forum post about all these "celebrities" who died this month.
Barbara Tarbuck
Vera Rubin
etc.

I Googled DR and have no idea who she is. At least Carrie was a memorable actor.

I'm hoping your owners...err i mean parents have you spayed before you reproduce.

R.I.P Debbie Reynolds.

Celebs going down faster than George Michael at a frat party.

That's harsh!
12/28/2016 04:24 PMPosted by Swålsh
12/28/2016 04:21 PMPosted by Vixie
Wow, they never saw "Singing in the Rain"?!?!

Singing in the Rain
"Release Date: 1952"
Wow
They had cameras back then?

Not a good idea to broadcast your ignorance and lack of IQ out loud/in text.

Not everyone has seen those old Hollywood musicals but that's just a defect in your education of the Arts. Get some.
Hoping mother and daughter are with each other in peace.....they will be missed!
This actually isn't unrelated. Overall health is connected strongly to mental state, and this goes doubly so for elderly people. The sudden death of a loved one can cause a great deal of stress that can cause the mind to basically snap and cause someone to lose the will to go on. For someone who is elderly, this can often be the tipping point that causes them to have a heart attack or stroke (which is greatly aggravated by stress). So while it is sad that this happened, it isn't that surprising given Carrie's death.
12/28/2016 04:44 PMPosted by Gabbie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloweentown_(film)

Oh man... I didn't know that was her. Now I feel even more sad.
12/28/2016 04:04 PMPosted by Swålsh
I Googled DR and have no idea who she is. At least Carrie was a memorable actor.

This is hilarious.

The College Scholar (he's told us before) has no idea who Princess Leia's mom was.
I'm thinking some of the people here ( the ones with the most down votes , not naming names ) think Television started with South Park , there was no music before Beiber and Will Farrell is the original goofball comedian .

Amazing how much information people can get from the internet but yet not really know anything.
For those that loved Carrie Fisher, her relationship with mom Debbie Reynolds was a source of love, friction and insanity, much like all of us here. That's why it's so easy to relate to them.

Debbie's most famous role was of course "Singing in the Rain" where she had to dance next to Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner without any prior dance training. It's one of the most Iconic scenes in musical history. She was awesome, and yet her husband and Carrie's dad Eddie Fisher dumped her for Elizabeth Taylor, her best friend at the time.

A couple of open books with the crazy ups and downs of life, they were two of the most relatable and intriguing celebs of my lifetime.

Zigra,
And then there's the Blues Brothers ...
12/28/2016 07:10 PMPosted by Vralok
This actually isn't unrelated. Overall health is connected strongly to mental state, and this goes doubly so for elderly people. The sudden death of a loved one can cause a great deal of stress that can cause the mind to basically snap and cause someone to lose the will to go on. For someone who is elderly, this can often be the tipping point that causes them to have a heart attack or stroke (which is greatly aggravated by stress). So while it is sad that this happened, it isn't that surprising given Carrie's death.

If I had to bury my child, I would give up on life. She's supposed to bury me.
Debbie's son Todd related that just 15 minutes before she had the stroke Debbie told him how much she missed Carrie and hoped to be with her soon. So tragic.

Todd did post a drawing on twitter that is such a beautiful tribute. You can see it here:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/todd-fisher-calls-carrie-fisher-201500383.html

God bless and keep this family in his embrace. I can't even imagine the depth of their loss.