Tired of Playing Blizzard's Way

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17
When tweaking the characters they should balance every aspect. Damage should actually be close enough that deciding what you want to play is based on your own ideas of what you want to be while playing. The tweaks are not balanced. A top damage dealer can out do everyone else simply because they are build that way. Someone with better stats for their character and a higher item level has to work a perfect rotation just to get close. That's not balance. Survivability should also be more balanced. So on and so forth.
06/19/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Achilleslvi
When tweaking the characters they should balance every aspect. Damage should actually be close enough that deciding what you want to play is based on your own ideas of what you want to be while playing. The tweaks are not balanced. A top damage dealer can out do everyone else simply because they are build that way. Someone with better stats for their character and a higher item level has to work a perfect rotation just to get close. That's not balance. Survivability should also be more balanced. So on and so forth.

I worry that this approach will make the game homogenous. Balancing does not have to equate to everything performing identically. If all that's different is the Toon's skin and icons...is it really a separate build?

Edit: wow, people are touchy. lol
I would just like to point out that in vanilla they gated flight riding behind a large amount of gold which wasn't that easy to get back then. Even flying in BC took a little effort to get if you weren't a gold farmer. So mounts have always been gated behind something. You just don't notice especially if you're new to the game after BC or Wrath.

I agree with the OP in terms of RNG. The whole titanforged cap is so annoying. A guy running let has a chance to receive heroic equivalent gear and a guy running heroic/mythics has to try and farm titanforged to make his chances of progression better.

In terms of doing w.e. you want. Everything the OP listed you can still do whenever you want. If you want to farm fishing, go fish up some mana. If you want to fly around, enjoy the view. If you want to PvP for PvP. The only other things you are correct about is loremaster thing and requirements to professions. Which I thought was a good way to encourage people to try and aspect of the game they normally wouldn't. You get it done and over with you literally never have to do it again.

I truly don't think anything they did in Legion (besides RING and now mythic + loot reduction) was worth quitting the game over unless you were leaning towards it to begin with and expected Legion to be your saving grace. In which case, high expections lead to many disappointments.
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.