Trial of Valor Adjustments - December 20

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
12/19/2016 02:50 PMPosted by Danto
How many taints of the sea were on mythic?

I'd have to wonder how many guilds are even bothering to progress in ToV as it hasn't even been out that long. My guild isn't even bothering with it, we will just skip it and get to grinding Nighthold as the holidays has slowed progress of course.
I mean most guilds are still progressing on Helya Mythic as is. It was definitely in need of some tuning. 5 taints pretty much guaranteed you needed a mass dispel to handle without taking too much damage. Fight is very tightly tuned so the nerfs were needed.

That said, those Odyn nerfs are pretty extreme and once a majority of the group got their 35 traits (which the fight was tuned for) a kill was pretty easy to get. Nerfing every single thing on the fight seems like they want you to clear at least 2/3 Mythic ToV without much effort.
12/19/2016 02:22 PMPosted by Aragoth
Hey all,

Helya
  • Reduced the health of several enemies in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.
  • Reduced the damage of Tainted Explosion on all difficulties.

By how much?
We've updated the original post to clarify the first point:
Reduced the health of Bilewater Slime, Night Watch Mariner, and Helya by 10% and Grimelord by 15% in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.
On heroic Odyn phase 2, will we have to do 20% more damage to Hyrja and Hymdall each time they jump in? (15% of 80% --> 12% of their old health pool, up from 10%)
lol
12/19/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Jammerwoch
On heroic Odyn phase 2, will we have to do 20% more damage to Hyrja and Hymdall each time they jump in? (15% of 80% --> 12% of their old health pool, up from 10%)

U wot m8?
12/19/2016 03:13 PMPosted by Ornyx
We've updated the original post to clarify the first point:
Reduced the health of Bilewater Slime, Night Watch Mariner, and Helya by 10% and Grimelord by 15% in the Helya encounter in Trial of Valor on all difficulties.

Thanks for that -- details on second point pending?
Is there any plans on fixing Bilewater Slimes interaction with Ulthalesh? Currently when they die they don't give stacks of tormented souls nor proc either of the 2 golden traits.
Will there be any fixes going out for the invisible stun orbs? Many times our raid gets hit by invisible orbs right before spears actually appear or where the orbs aren't at all, causing us to get stunned in other spears/horn of valor.
ex. Yellow spiral on ground where spear is going to spawn, get stunned from an invisible ball when none should have spawned yet & die to the following spear.
Say they have 1000 health pre-nerf, and therefore 800 health post-nerf.

Previously, 90% health was required to deal with the mechanic. This means that 0.1*1000=100 health damage was necessary to push them.

Now, 85% health is required to deal with the mechanic. This means that 0.15*800=120 health is necessary to push them. That's 1.2X more damage required to deal with this mechanic.

Now, this may be intentional. My guild, which gave up on Odyn due to being overtuned, was able to push the minibosses before their "thing" could be cast (horn/shield), but it was close. It may no longer be possible for us to avoid their "thing" anymore. Maybe it's intentional that we can't easily skip doing their "thing". Would like some confirmation of this, though - would have thought they would pick something that balances the equations:

X*800=0.1*1000
X*800=100
X=0.125

So, make them leave at 87.5% instead of 85% to achieve balance with previous damage requirements.

12/19/2016 03:38 PMPosted by Clâptrap
12/19/2016 03:31 PMPosted by Jammerwoch

U wot m8?
So are these active yet or starting tomorrow (Tuesday)?

Helya
  • Reduced the number of Taint of the Sea debuffs applied to players on Mythic difficulty by 1.

• What about the number of Taint of the Sea for small groups? my guild tried it at 10 players with 2 healers and it still gave us 3 debuffs.

And considering only healers can remove it we wiped because too much dot damage over time.
    thank the lord
    12/19/2016 03:50 PMPosted by Eschatol
    Now, this may be intentional. My guild, which gave up on Odyn due to being overtuned, was able to push the minibosses before their "thing" could be cast (horn/shield), but it was close. It may no longer be possible for us to avoid their "thing" anymore. Maybe it's intentional that we can't easily skip doing their "thing". Would like some confirmation of this, though - would have thought they would pick something that balances the equations:

Based on your progress I assume you're talking about heroic.

With the 10% HP reduction to Odyn himself, this shouldn't be an issue. If it does, because of the shattered spear nerf in phase 2 (the primary source of raidwide spike damage) and the fact that the tank P3 spear nerf basically equates to less \ no external cooldowns needed to keep a tank up odds are you can drop a healer in favor of a DPS or have a healer or two during P2 help DPS down the add that drops.

And I'm assuming you're talking about the 2nd horn and 2nd shield of light. If you're not getting those before, you likely won't even if they have somewhat more HP. Most guilds stopped having the melee even bother swapping over for Hyja and depending on how many melee there were only 2-3 over to Hymdal anyway. Even more so with the shattered spear nerf, as long as they're gone before the rune adds come out or the boss transitions it doesn't really matter.
    Nothing on gear getting an ilvl boost, so this is only fixing half of the problem.
    12/19/2016 05:40 PMPosted by Streav
    Nothing on gear getting an ilvl boost, so this is only fixing half of the problem.

they already buffed the ilvl on the gear from there.
    Maybe I'll be able to get a Normal Difficulty group together now.