DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed

Technical Support
After playing World of Warcraft for a couple of hours or so, my display and sound will lock up. Some of the time my computer will close the game and I will get the error message below, other times my whole computer will freeze to the point of where the restart button will prove useless and I have to power off and then power on the computer to get it to respond once more. (Apparently this not only happens with Warcraft, but any other video game I play.)

(DirectX Error)

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET ("The device failed due to a badly formed command. This is a run-time issue; The application should destroy and recreate the device."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970", Driver: 376.33

I have Windows 10 and all of my drivers fully updated to the newest released versions, I have run a hardware check, I tested the memory, I ran multiple tests to check for viruses and the such, all of my games and programs are fully updated. I even brought in my computer to the Microsoft store and they couldn't fix the issue either.

This video will give you a good understanding of what happens to my computer when the game crashes: https://youtu.be/o-wJ4-eAAWw (Go to 2:45 timecode)

The only difference is that my screen either goes black, grey, blue, yellow, or tan. Also, as stated above, other times my whole computer will freeze to the point of where the restart button will prove useless and I have to power off and then power on the computer to get it to respond once more.

At this point I am hopelessly lost and have no idea what to do to correct this error and could desperately use any advice or help.
Are you running any overlays? Some examples of overlays are the curse client overlay, Asus gaming app, There are lots of them

I would start with a clean install of the Drivers

Download DDU and use it to remove all the old drivers after its done install the new drivers. Follow the instructions carefully for DDU

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
The only overlay that I was using is from Nvidias Geforce Experience, I just turned it off so let us hope that this makes a difference.

I removed all of my old drivers then I did a clean install for all the new drivers last night, it didn't help, unfortunately.

EDIT: Installed 376.60 Hotfix & ... Nope, it's still broken. X__X
@Northernlite, I did everything you said and it did not work. =/
Can you please post a dxdiag and the output of HWmonitor

DxDiag
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3.In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4.Name the file "dxdiag" and click Save
5.Open the txt file above select all, copy and paste to this thread. using a code box

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Go ahead and cut and paste the following folders to your desktop . Interface, WTF, Cache after they are removed please test the game

If the removing the folder does not fix the issue lets go ahead and run windows repair link below has detailed instructions

http://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how-to-repair-corrupted-windows-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/
I did a system wipe and I am currently reinstalling everything on my computer. I have been meaning to do that for a while now but finely found an excuse to do so. =P

(This could take a while...)

BTW: I really appreciate all of the help you have offered thus far.
01/18/2017 06:00 PMPosted by Andromedai
I did a system wipe and I am currently reinstalling everything on my computer. I have been meaning to do that for a while now but finely found an excuse to do so. =P

(This could take a while...)

BTW: I really appreciate all of the help you have offered thus far.

Let me know how it goes. Ended up doing the same thing on my sons machine. Did a upgrade install of windows 10 which has caused me issues since I did it. Formatted and did a clean install now its smooth sailing.
Sadly, cleaning the system and reinstalling everything anew didn't help. The good news is I found out what was causing the problem! The bad news is that it is my graphics card. X_X
01/19/2017 04:52 AMPosted by Andromedai
Sadly, cleaning the system and reinstalling everything anew didn't help. The good news is I found out what was causing the problem! The bad news is that it is my graphics card. X_X

Sorry to hear that. But thanks for letting me know.