35+ Traits in PVP enabled.......

General Discussion
How was this a good idea at all??? Did you guys not think about the people who just PvPed and only put 34 talents in their respective specs and spent the rest in alt specs since it was stated 35+ didn't work in PvP. Please revert this I don't want to be at a 10%+ dmg/healing disadvantage.
Remember to keep these threads bumped - it's one specific, very bad change and hopefully if we can keep the front page covered in threads asking them to revert "Artifact traits at 35 points and above are now enabled in PvP." it won't go live.
You could have at least told us blizz...
I dont PvP so I don't really know what I'm talking about, but maybe they could just make it "All Artifacts now have 35+ traits during PvP" or something?
It's funny they mentioned how bad thier communication was and that they were going to work on it. Then out of nowhere at the last minute they announce one of the stupidest changes I've seen. I was looking forward to 7.15 until I saw this change.
Yeah...this isn't good. Especially due to the time sink. It's always been that way, kind of. Players who played more often and put more time into things would usually be at more of an advantage than those who did not.

Sadly though, with this expac and the system in place, that's even more relevant. The more AP you grind, and the more AP you toss into your main spec, if you work a 9-5, or enjoy doing things other than grinding AP, you're now at a serious loss in arena. This includes making an alt spec that's viable for such things like the brawler's guild. From spending more time = more drops from arena for higher ilvls than the other guy, to now having 35 traits and above be a thing in arena. As if people weren't hitting hard enough and pvp wasn't enough of a mongo fest.

Very disheartening. Arena is already stressful enough and not fun. I say that as a discipline priest though. A lot of healers I've seen discussing the state of arena sort of fall in the: "I'm very stressed out, damage is very high, I don't have fun because of constantly almost being mongo'd." etc.

Health bars drop harder than dubstep songs already. This isn't gonna be good.
Cry a river......QQ
This could not have happened sooner as it seems like a great way to me to weed out the FOTM players.

15 points and counting in my artifact weapon bonus slot.... I'm lovin it.
01/09/2017 11:39 PMPosted by Bbceev
How was this a good idea at all??? Did you guys not think about the people who just PvPed and only put 34 talents in their respective specs and spent the rest in alt specs since it was stated 35+ didn't work in PvP. Please revert this I don't want to be at a 10%+ dmg/healing disadvantage.

Play the game.
As someone who went hard and hit weapon level 54 last week, I'm all for the change. Part of pvp is supposed to be the kids who grind hard and do work having an advantage over the ones who laze around trade chat. Bad enough that resilience is gone and I can no longer one shot zero resi kids, and gear doesn't matter except for a small buff (hell, I only get 8% increase at i890).

Don't like it, go hard and do work imo.

As far as kids crying that they have work school friends fam gf a social life blah blah find a game that requires less of a commitment.
The only thing I can think of is that with the AK catch up mechanic everyone will have 35+ soon...few days in fact. The people with 54 will just have a bit of an edge for a few weeks.

I don't pvp but can understand why everyone is so upset...I would be.
01/10/2017 12:57 AMPosted by Shadina
Yeah...this isn't good. Especially due to the time sink. It's always been that way, kind of. Players who played more often and put more time into things would usually be at more of an advantage than those who did not.

Sadly though, with this expac and the system in place, that's even more relevant. The more AP you grind, and the more AP you toss into your main spec, if you work a 9-5, or enjoy doing things other than grinding AP, you're now at a serious loss in arena. This includes making an alt spec that's viable for such things like the brawler's guild. From spending more time = more drops from arena for higher ilvls than the other guy, to now having 35 traits and above be a thing in arena. As if people weren't hitting hard enough and pvp wasn't enough of a mongo fest.

Very disheartening. Arena is already stressful enough and not fun. I say that as a discipline priest though. A lot of healers I've seen discussing the state of arena sort of fall in the: "I'm very stressed out, damage is very high, I don't have fun because of constantly almost being mongo'd." etc.

Health bars drop harder than dubstep songs already. This isn't gonna be good.

Exactly. Why blindside? If you were doing this thing now why not just do it from the beginning.
they really reallllly must want pvp to die off
01/10/2017 01:09 AMPosted by Zentessa
This could not have happened sooner as it seems like a great way to me to weed out the FOTM players.

15 points and counting in my artifact weapon bonus slot.... I'm lovin it.

It'll also weed out newcomers. Like, completely - it'll stop people who aren't into rated PvP from getting into it at all, and without newcomers any community dies.
I agree communication is important, however you are concerned over a minor advantage. The min/maxing is out of control in this game.

Rock on!
01/10/2017 05:57 AMPosted by Raxsyn
I agree communication is important, however you are concerned over a minor advantage. The min/maxing is out of control in this game.

Rock on!

How is a 5-15% advantage in HP and damage out of control minmaxing? That's an enormous difference.
My guess is they're trying to make PvP feel more rewarding. The AP rewards from PvP become meaningless (for PvPers) if traits are capped.
Aaaaaaaaand it went live. Rip
I have to agree, I hate this change. Please revert!