Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One

General Discussion
12/13/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Jaeza
12/13/2016 12:46 PMPosted by Asheidan
Does part 1 even increase the mount running speed like it says it does? I don't think it actually does

it does and it stacks with DK and paladin aura

i have 240% mount speed in legion right now

Hmm weird. Is it possible they fixed it? Because when I and a few others first got it we tested it out with a bunch of people that didn't have it and it literally didn't make any difference. This was a while back though
Does anyone know if you have to get Pathfinder on EVERY character that you want the class mount for? If so, ugh. If not, still kinda "ugh", but with less monitor-smashing involved at least.
12/13/2016 01:28 PMPosted by Asheidan
12/13/2016 01:17 PMPosted by Jaeza

it does and it stacks with DK and paladin aura

i have 240% mount speed in legion right now

Hmm weird. Is it possible they fixed it? Because when I and a few others first got it we tested it out with a bunch of people that didn't have it and it literally didn't make any difference. This was a while back though
same here, i feel speed is the same.
12/13/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Hasil
God I am getting so sick of all of this BS.. Give me the damn keys to my flying mounts. I've earned the right to fly so many times on so many characters as of this point. I really would love to post what I think of the development team but the post would get deleted. They'd never hear it and I'd end up banned.

Ditto ALL of that. You know what gets me the most? They demonized flight in WoD and I just want to know: If flight is so damned bad for the game, then how come they put in flight gimmicks like the flight master's whistle, goblin gliders, emerald winds toy, etc? If flight REALLY breaks the game, then why did they add "fake flight" (for lack of a better term)?
12/13/2016 01:36 PMPosted by Mintmocha
Does anyone know if you have to get Pathfinder on EVERY character that you want the class mount for? If so, ugh. If not, still kinda "ugh", but with less monitor-smashing involved at least.
No, as I understand it the mount itself is the reward for finishing the new class hall campaign. Pathfinder is just to unlock flying and it's account-wide.
12/12/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Derkhammer
Finish Part one, fully explore the Broken Shore, complete the Broken Shore campaign, complete the new Class Order campaign, get up your rep with the new Legionfall faction.

You get a new class-specific mount and you can fly.
This is accurate. We talked about this at BlizzCon this year.

You can find some information on the "Part Two" achievement and the class-specific mounts on Wowhead here.
12/12/2016 12:00 PMPosted by Adamsmith
I just got this completed last night. What does Part two involve?

There shouldnt be a 2nd part!!! The first one grind was enough.
Collect every legendary of each spec on every class to unlock part 2
12/13/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Ornyx
12/12/2016 12:15 PMPosted by Derkhammer
Finish Part one, fully explore the Broken Shore, complete the Broken Shore campaign, complete the new Class Order campaign, get up your rep with the new Legionfall faction.

You get a new class-specific mount and you can fly.
This is accurate. We talked about this at BlizzCon this year.

You can find some information on the "Part Two" achievement and the class-specific mounts on Wowhead [url="http://www.wowhead.com/broken-isles-pathfinder-flying-guide#broken-isles-pathfinder-part-2"]here[/url].

Thanks, And the date for this is?
12/13/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Peeweebowman

Thanks to you it's now going to be three parts in the next expansion.
12/13/2016 02:18 PMPosted by Adamsmith
12/13/2016 01:45 PMPosted by Ornyx
...This is accurate. We talked about this at BlizzCon this year.

You can find some information on the "Part Two" achievement and the class-specific mounts on Wowhead [url="http://www.wowhead.com/broken-isles-pathfinder-flying-guide#broken-isles-pathfinder-part-2"]here[/url].

Thanks, And the date for this is?

When 7.2 launches. So if Nighthold comes out in January and they give us 4-5 months to truly raid that place to the fullest extent we're looking at May-June-ish.
12/13/2016 02:04 PMPosted by Peeweebowman

Yup, and since people seem content with it, next expac there may be a part 3. Honestly, would it shock you? Perhaps Blizzard realized it was a mistake to abruptly snatch flight away, and learning from that now they intend to phase it out, or make it a dessert feature like "eat your dinner then you can have flight!"

TBH, no flight wouldn't be so bad if these zones weren't so cramped and tangled with mountains, roots, etc. and so densely packed with CC happy mobs. For instance, GW2 didn't even have ground mounts -you went on foot, like Moses- yet I had a blast getting world completion (title: "Been There, Done That") because the mobs weren't as annoying and the terrain was a bit more open and more fun to navigate on foot than WoW's since WoD. Since WoD zone design has felt much more stifling which makes no flight far more of an issue than it would be otherwise.
12/12/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Tonyzone
U gotta buy 6 different items from the cash store

Why "cash" store? Since any store is a "cash" store, what makes this one different? It sells items for money.
12/13/2016 01:43 PMPosted by Arrienne
12/13/2016 01:24 PMPosted by Hasil
God I am getting so sick of all of this BS.. Give me the damn keys to my flying mounts. I've earned the right to fly so many times on so many characters as of this point. I really would love to post what I think of the development team but the post would get deleted. They'd never hear it and I'd end up banned.

Ditto ALL of that. You know what gets me the most? They demonized flight in WoD and I just want to know: If flight is so damned bad for the game, then how come they put in flight gimmicks like the flight master's whistle, goblin gliders, emerald winds toy, etc? If flight REALLY breaks the game, then why did they add "fake flight" (for lack of a better term)?

Hun, that's called being thrown a bone. It's usually done to keep people content.
12/13/2016 02:30 PMPosted by Griffemoo
12/12/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Tonyzone
U gotta buy 6 different items from the cash store

Why "cash" store? Since any store is a "cash" store, what makes this one different? It sells items for money.

Perhaps it implies only real money can be used there. If you could also buy items there for in game currency it would make less sense calling it a "cash store."
When 7.2 launches. So if Nighthold comes out in January and they give us 4-5 months to truly raid that place to the fullest extent we're looking at May-June-ish.

Provided 7.2 isnt

Postponed
Varied
Delayed
Cancelled
Pushed back
Pushed live but no flight because reasons
Pushed live but flight delayed for a few more months owing to "patch issues"

I am on my first alt and trust me, that may be my last.

I am slowly and quietly getting sick to death of useless ,speedbump mobs and quite frankly am logging in less and less now, because I look at the map and I CRINGE at trhe fact that I will spend 3/4 of my time trying to get to wherever it is, and 1/4 time doing anything.

Scaled mobs plus daze plus trailing mobs that dont leash plus "you are in combat" plus tree roots, invisible bits on the ground, fences you cant jump over, hills you have to run AROUND because you cant climb a hill thats smaller than your horse is....ugh.

There should not be a part 2 and we should fly now. Six months from now and we will be seeing another exodus as people get fed up and walk away.
12/12/2016 01:00 PMPosted by Shadobolt
12/12/2016 12:03 PMPosted by Draculous
I don't think we know. More grind more reps more quests....maybe more LFR.

That'd be my guess. Anything to extend that playtime.

Let's hope it involves Battle Ground victories.

Considering battlegrounds are instanced content, what the hell they have to do with flying in the world?