Black Rook Rumble

Warrior
Never have I experienced such agony in a game before.

Being gibbed in under 2 seconds (no joke) sure is fun. Good thing I can spell reflect one spell every 25 seconds and parry every 3 minutes.
I use our Class Hall ability with the Horn of War to auto complete Blackrook Brawl.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140157/horn-of-war
Yeah, I went prot in the end. I managed to snipe kills and survive long enough to finish it.

The damage is unreal in there. I don't find it fun. It's not pvp, it's... bleh. I guess it is.
12/23/2016 09:10 AMPosted by Syward
I use our Class Hall ability with the Horn of War to auto complete Blackrook Brawl.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=140157/horn-of-war

Amen, I do it to Darkbrul arena some times as well, but I think I'll prioritize Black Rook from now on.

Instanced PvP is far far better than that...
I just go as fury and BC Odyns fury ppl once they clump up.
You went prot and couldn't survive in there? The problem isn't with the WQ arena then...
12/23/2016 09:31 AMPosted by Calqulon
You went prot and couldn't survive in there? The problem isn't with the WQ arena then...

In my experience, prot does pretty !@#$ty in these pvp quests without a healer.

In fact, every warrior spec does %^-*ty without a healer.
12/23/2016 09:14 AMPosted by Cleolee
Amen, I do it to Darkbrul arena some times as well, but I think I'll prioritize Black Rook from now on.
My priority list for Horn of War:
1. Blackrook Rumble
2. Darkbrul Arena
3. Operation Murlock Freedom
4. Bareback Brawl

UNLESS there's Kir'in Tor quests up and the Kir'in Tor emissary is up then the Horn of War gets used on those. I hate them so much. LOL.

Murlock Freedom isn't too bad, and I kind of enjoy Bareback Brawl (not enough to go out of my way to do it though), but the ONLY reason I do the FFA PvP World Quests is for the mount. Once I get the mount, I'll never do them again.
12/23/2016 09:49 AMPosted by Syward
UNLESS there's Kir'in Tor quests up and the Kir'in Tor emissary is up then the Horn of War gets used on those. I hate them so much. LOL.

LOL they are the worst. I can manage the flying ones, the enigmas are annoying but I've gotten used to them, but the ones where you surge through the air.... I just can freaking not get those.

I've never had a problem with blackrook, it's just kind of a crazy ffa, but at least in my experience there's enough targets in there that I can usually get a kill with burst before I die lol. Just res, repeat. But fury has great burst when cooldowns are up.
Jump down charge blow all cool downs kill one maybe two.

Someone jumps in blows cool downs kills me..
Over and over. Lol..
12/23/2016 09:31 AMPosted by Calqulon

Thanks for the insult bud, appreciate it.

I did say I completed it as prot, I survive long enough to sneak in a kill before I die.

Actually one of the main difficulties on my server as Alliance is actually getting down INTO the arena from the res spot. Essentially you res, you're surrounded by Horde that are also ressing. Usually 1 or 2 will open up on you before you get into the arena, and the rest join in. Get's a little tedious, often I get in there with only half life remaining as it is.
Every class / spec gets blown up in the there especially if it's packed. It's not a warrior specific issue, it's just how the WQ works.
I just go prot, charge into a group and thunder clap then heroic leap away and hide as long as I can. Usually get the quest done in 5-10 mins.
12/23/2016 09:06 AMPosted by Cleolee
Never have I experienced such agony in a game before.

Being gibbed in under 2 seconds (no joke) sure is fun. Good thing I can spell reflect one spell every 25 seconds and parry every 3 minutes.

World PvP is a bit......

While I loooove instanced AND world PvP, other players can reaaaaally ruin it. There is a chance you went up against a PvP GROUP. That's right, some people form groups to complete these WPvP quests.

Whenever I get absolutely donkey-stomped in like 2 seconds (since I can survive hella-long as fury), ill lie there dead and watch who attacks who. Keep an eye out for players who you notice don't attack certain other players. Once you figure out who is in a group, try to avoid them. Having three heroic leaps helps here =}
12/23/2016 09:28 AMPosted by Dhildozer
I just go as fury and BC Odyns fury ppl once they clump up

Exactly this ... I wait on top, looking at the players health. When I see at least one player below half health, I heroic leap down, charge, pop my CD macro along with RB and OF and I usually kill them pretty quick. Once I die, I do it all over again. It's really cheap, but a decent amount of fun.
i ONLY do these in prot. the damage is complete and utter garbage but i can survive a few seconds longer.

what pisses me off about the rumble is how casters can stand outside the arena and shoot or teleport out ( monks, locks) and i, being a warrior can't do a dam thing about it except heroic throw which is just a waste of time or get perma stunned and slowed till dead.

riveting game play smmfh
if it makes u feel better, happens to all classes.
Dont bother surviving.

Just target the lowest health and blow all cd on them.
Do as much damage, die and repeat.
lol

if u kill one u get 10% progression, if not just 2%
World PvP (which also applies to PvP WQs) are literally 3-shot fests. Don't sweat it or feel too bad about it. That's just the way the Blizzard gods meant it to be, lol!
I've had zero success as anything but Prot - as people are suggesting, folks are looking to target lower hp totals, so the moment you get attacked, you become a priority target. And being arms/fury, that means you die in two seconds - something I think a lot of melee classes share.

What is undiscussed in the 'you must be bad' posts is that ranged classes dont have to get stuck in where people can see you; and are more easily able to find and target those lower health totals. It's one thing for me to fight through a kite - quite another when I'm getting 3 people's worth of snares in the attempt.

I wonder if, in future, they'll bake in some sort of secondary objective in these zones - bgs are great because they the combat has a purpose, and in that purpose, all sorts of skill sets are served; in the FFAs, all that seems to matter is that you're the least attractive health bar.
i wait for one get low, charge, kill, aoe a place with eveyone together, charge to the person who is away, in the middle, and sometimes i get like 3 kills before i die...