Does Blizzard even try anymore?

General Discussion
Some gripes with the Diablo 20th Anniversary event...

1. We get a 12-String Guitar, and all it does is put musical notes over our heads and for whatever odd reason, our characters do a heal cast animation for it's entire duration with No visible guitar.

Would of been better if Blizzard actually put a bit of effort to make it place at least the existing in-game guitar model in our arms and do the guitar animation, if not a custom designed guitar/animation.

2. The Tome of Town Portal... What's the point of this item? it shares the same 15 minute cooldown as the hearthstone and does the same exact animation and green particle effect..

I would of liked this town portal to at least have it's own special cast/effect.. maybe I don't know.. like Diablo's (blue portal you can click on).. Again, this item is 100% completely pointless due to the fact it is in absolutely no way different from our standard hearthstone.

3. Then there's the whole CRZ fiasco on some realms where for whatever reason they decided to crossrealm the Cow King phase with really imbalanced realms, so depending on which realm you're on, you may be in a sea of blue as a horde player or in a sea of red as an alliance player.. so you get killed the instant you zone in...

On top of this, when you corpse run and respawn, you discover that you were booted out from the event and immediately notice that the normal duskwood isn't crossrealmed (it makes absolutely no sense for the CowKing phase to be if the normal phase isn't).

4. The entire Diablo 25th Anniversary event seems like a complete disaster, they didn't even advertise it well, the event started and there was zero mention of it on the Battle.net client, nor on the official wow website, etc..

Overall, It's obvious that Blizzard did a piss poor job planning and executing this special event.. at least for the bits in World of Warcraft. Just goes shows that the devs just don't care about creating good player experiences anymore.
probably a small project done by interns. blizzard won't actually put real effort into anything, just enough to squeeze out $15 a month from you.
It pretty much was last minute oh !@#$ 20th anniversary thing. They even sorta admitted to it in the D3 vod on it.
I dunno what's worse, the fact that Blizzard did a piss poor job planning and executing this special event..

or the fact that we all know Blizzard can actually do something about it but won't... Amend and remedy the issues with the event before it ends:

i.e. just assign some devs to quickly 3d model a 12-string guitar/Lute and a simple player animation for it, and rip the portal from Diablo II or III (would be cool if it literally was the ripped asset from Diablo, or at least made to look in it's style) and simply amend those two toys.
Then just disable crossrealm for the Cow King phase or simply make it unflag players for PvP (since it's a PvE event), then players can manually enable pvp if they want to pvp during it.

Three simple solutions that in reality should only take Blizzard a couple hours to plan/assign and a day or two to execute and implement.. long before the event ends.. but of course we all know Blizzard would rather do nothing and continue to let players have a poor experience and continue to have negative feelings towards Blizzard and World of Warcraft.
Yes, they do but its in other areas where mortals are afraid to tread.

Rock on!
01/06/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Ravens
2. The Tome of Town Portal... What's the point of this item? it shares the same 15 minute cooldown as the hearthstone and does the same exact animation and green particle effect..

It adds to your toy count and you don't need it in inventory. I'm pleased with that part of the event.
01/06/2017 05:43 AMPosted by Bitterhope
It adds to your toy count and you don't need it in inventory. I'm pleased with that part of the event.

Even that is still kinda pointless and besides the point. Overall the event is a half-a**ed mess.
You want a lackluster anniversary event? Check out what the starcraft 2 community got, they got a diablo themed worker portrait and that was it.

As events go, WoW's was better than what some of the other Blizzard games got, but they really knocked it out of the park with the diablo 3. Considering it's diablo's anniversary we are celebrating here that is to be expected.

As for the tome of town portal, I too was hoping for at least a portal animation or the like, but it isn't completely useless. Because it is a toy you can ditch your old hearth stone and at least free up an inventory slot in your bags.
The event itself seems pretty basic....I wasn't expecting a grand fantastic thing for a week long event...

The PVP server seems to be problematic- however I've ALWAYS seen issues with these. Winter Veil, Noblegarden, you name it, PVP takes place in an inconvenient spot on a PVP server- when a new expansion launches it becomes a crap storm of a mess- and yet, lengths of time later after people find all this stuff out on a PVP server? They keep playing. Not sure who exactly to place the blame on here. Blizzard for not phasing the event, or PVP server players for thinking there might not be any future issues, because there always seems to be.

Though in all fairness, I was wondering why the place isn't phased to the group you came into the portal with anyways...that goblin is pretty nigh impossible to kill alone- and if you're gonna smack down the goblin, you're gonna smack down the cow king..
01/06/2017 05:17 AMPosted by Ravens

1. We get a 12-String Guitar, and all it does is put musical notes over our heads and for whatever odd reason, our characters do a heal cast animation for it's entire duration with No visible guitar.

The guitar plays the classic Diablo music from Tristram (in the original game) during the channel.

That seems like a pretty important feature to me.
01/06/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Suréna
The guitar plays the classic Diablo music from Tristram (in the original game) during the channel.

That seems like a pretty important feature to me

Yes, but obviously i meant the rest of it, half-assed. it's just like the tome of town portal, it makes it's own sound but other than that it's 100% exact to the normal hearthstone.
For something that only lasted 1 week and was barely advertised idk if they could've gotten away with giving out unique mounts or pets that many care a lot about.

If it was a month long thing I could've seen it but 1 week?
01/06/2017 05:19 AMPosted by Balancdclass
probably a small project done by interns. blizzard won't actually put real effort into anything, just enough to squeeze out $15 a month from you.

with an attitude like that why do you still have an active account. i guess you dont mind being "squeezed".
so many people are complaining about the perceived "lack of effort" blizzard put into the diablo anniversary for wow. i can't wait until 7.15 hits and we get thread after thread complaining about the mini holidays even though they've stated over and over again that it's not suppose to be something big.
They datamined some kind of SoJ currency as well, but that was cut.
Lots of people had no idea it even happened or how to do it.

Rock on!
01/06/2017 01:24 PMPosted by Ravens
01/06/2017 05:43 AMPosted by Bitterhope

Even that is still kinda pointless and besides the point. Overall the event is a half-a**ed mess.

They could have easily done nothing. Let's not be terrible people over a small event to highlight another game.
Lets not forget there is no way to farm the weapon skins once you have killed the Cow King once and not gotten one.
Most of you probably didn't even know about diablo 20th anniversary or knew anything was being done before it was announced. Stop being greedy and be happy with what you got in a non Diablo game. You guys just want something to be unhappy about. It is always something. Just be happy you got an event for another game. If you don't like Blizzard, move on.