Battleground Targets Addon Fix - Post 7.1.5

Customer Support
Battleground Targets Addon Fix - Post 7.1.5
I've tested this and it works until the developer provides an update from the 08/2016 latest build - (credit to Krampus-Velen) for sharing.

Steps to fix BG Targets:

1) Open up battlegroundtargets.lua with notepad in the following directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\BattlegroundTargets

2) after opening battlegroundtargets.lua with notepad - save it to battlegroundtargets.old (so you can replace back if you mess up)

3) close the file

4) Open up the original battlegroundtargets.lua with notepad (you won't see the lua extension this time) in the following directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\BattlegroundTargets

5) Once open in notepad - open EDIT then Find
search on local id
(this will bring you to the section you need to edit)

6) Replace old line with new and save and exit / then restart wow.

OLD:
local id, name, _, icon, _, role = GetSpecializationInfoForClassID(classID, i)

NEW:
local id, name, _, icon, role = GetSpecializationInfoForClassID(classID, i)
You might want to post this at the UI and Macro forum.

Customer Support doesn't deal with add ons.
Better yet. Post this on the website you got the addon from, since that's likely a better place for feedback. Blizzard has never supported addons, and posting fixes on their forums may give the misconception that they write them.
Ya I was not sure where to post it as I did not see any addon sections as blizzard does not support . This is an addon PVPers use a lot so wanted to make sure they at least had access to the fix (until the dev updates it from August 2016).

I will post on the developers addon page as well .

thx :)
01/14/2017 03:38 PMPosted by Kiesel
did not see any addon sections

There is literally a UI and Macros forum.

UI is an alternate term for add-on
ok i will post it there
Here is the new link for the post in the UI forum.

thx ;)

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752501737#1
edit: nevermind...
I will delete the post over in customer service then.. i didn't know..
Well .. it looks like I cannot delete this post under Customer Service Forum (or at least I see no option to do so).

I placed the other link here as a Courtesy as it was suggested by others that I repost in UI section.

Blizzard may have to delete this post , I don't think I can : /
I wouldn't worry too much Kiesel, it's an honest mistake ;) Since there are replies, the thread can't be removed/deleted by you anyway.

It's great that you're trying to help out other PvPers ;) Keep up the good work!
01/14/2017 04:03 PMPosted by Thundertotem
Just so you know Kiesel, crossposting threads is kinda against the forum code of conduct. just an FYI.

Crossposting refers to the sole intent to bring attention to another thread by posting it in another forum or thread.

Correctly posting in the right forum then letting people know where the discussion is now located is not something that would likely be actioned. At best, this thread would just be locked up to encourage others to go to the linked post.
One person posts a helpful fix for a widely used addon and trolls come out whining about what section it's posted in.. Thank you Kiesel.. The rest of you 'put it somewhere else' brats, go find something productive to do.
01/14/2017 10:25 PMPosted by John
One person posts a helpful fix for a widely used addon and trolls come out whining about what section it's posted in..

Or... another way to put that is... .Someone posted in the wrong forum and those who know that there is a better section to post it in advised that they post there instead.

Name calling and other trolling comments are not appropriate, John. If you feel the urge to post in this manner in the future please resist.