Live Dev Q&A - Submit Your Questions!

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
Join us live on Twitch Thursday, January 12 at 11:00 a.m. PDT, as we sit down with Senior Game Designer Paul Kubit for our next live developer Q&A, where he will be answering your questions on Brawlers’ Guild, Micro-Holidays, Timewalking, and Professions. You can tune in to the Q&A live at: twitch.tv/warcraft

Please use this thread to submit your questions. As a reminder, we would like to keep the questions short so we can make sure we get to as many questions as possible, so please keep your questions to 40 words or less.

We’re really looking forward to getting the chance to dive in and answer as much as we can on Brawlers’ Guild, Micro-Holidays, Timewalking, and Professions, so we hope to see you Thursday at 11:00 a.m. PST!
Moo.

Could we freshen the crafting professions by making the un-upgraded 815 gear wearable by level 101's?

Even with 865 crafted gear, it has such a short life span it's not worth the cost to make it for use.
Moo.

Blood of Sargeras with the regeant trade-ins feel almost as useful as garrison resources. Partly because crafting professions are so uninspiring. Will professions be saved for Legion?
Any chances to have multiple primary professions on a single character? Even if we have to pay an insane amount of gold.
Switching professions is terribly annoying nowadays. And while we can still have alts for the other professions, I'd love to be able to pick multiple primary ones instead.
Could profession recipes that drop from Mythic only dungeons be included in the M+ chests or be obtained on any lvl?

I'm still farming Cordana for enchanting
Some class's seem to over and over again have issues at the start of expansions, then be fixed at some point like
?? Point 2 or
?? Point ?? Point 5.
How do you plan to avoid this in the future?

Just because i main an Ele, why do you always crap on us at the start then fix months in?
How did you approach balancing the WoW economy while you were working on the professions? It must have been a very delicate plate-spinning act to make it so that none of the professions went out of control and was worth way more than others.
Why do Jewelcrafters rely on spending a small fortune, else waiting on darkmoon fair to get to 800 and their final patterns when many other professions are not tied to profession level for all of their patterns?
Are there any plans to redesign the PvP reward system or add back pruned rewards (red enchant, tabards, etc)? Many players feel that they aren't commensurately rewarded for their efforts, especially at sub-2k and "duelist" ratings.
I realize & respect that fishing is it's own experience, but can we expect BoA Angler's rep tokens from the MoP timewalking vendor, or should I buy more beer irl & keep doing the dailies?

P.S. I sincerely love timewalking. Kudos to whoever originally came up with the idea, and thank you to everyone who's worked on it and/or helped to make it possible.
Why is synergy between talents bad so that you have different talent builds in different situations. Why are you guys making it so we cant take talents that work well together anymore by placing them on the same row such as Reverse Entropy and Eradication and the Demon Skin Dark Pact change?
Will we ever get Timewalking on Raids?
Or maybe convert some old Raids into multiple Dungeons, like what you guys did with Karazhan.
While I and a whole bunch of other people are interested in some of the content already revealed for the next and upcoming patches, please understand that most people (just look at the forums) are still concerned and anxious about discussing the actual patch notes that are not available.

Once again, I am thankful for the video Q&A's and other video updates, but don't rest feeling that this "communication" is what the larger community is asking for.

Communication needs to be a 2-way street; Blizzard pushing out the information they want to talk about is not good communication. Listen to the community and do your best to respond to our actual concerns about the state of our classes.

With that said, a question for the Q&A: To me, certain professions seem to be obsolete, namely armor crafting. I switched from leather working to alchemy because the gold I could save was painfully obvious, while leather working was doing nothing for me. Are there plans to make other professions more viable again?
Crafting Professions feel pretty irelevant right now. The cost to upgrade crafted items to a useable level is pretty high and even then they are easily outmatched. Are there any plans to make crafting professions more rewarding?

And finally, What is your favorite Micro Holiday and Why?
Adding an animation to Arcane Blast via minor glyph?
Soul Effigy alternative for raids?
Malefic grasp animation?
Demonic empowerment removal?
Marked shot removal?
Disc needs an AoE damage ability?

What progress is there for these issues and all the many that were/are blowing up the ptr forum

Also..
When are healers going to get a damage buff in open world content. It was promised pre_patch
Why is the ilevel cap for craftable items so low? Most of my gear was passed the ilevel cap of craftables after just a couple weeks of playing the game, and now with 7.1.5 it's going to be increased to 865, which is still useless for me, and many other people who already have 870+ ilevel. Why not raise the cap more but perhaps make it longer and more difficult to get it passed 865.
Professions seem very underwhelming right now. To much time / effort for no return. Any plans on making gear useful or sell-able.
Any plans on using the timewalking tech to make older raids viable? Either flex 10 to 25 man or 5 man versions.