Tichondrius was squandered.

General Discussion
Tichondrius, major antagonist in Warcraft III, dragon to archimonde.

One of four bosses in the second wing of a raid.

Mephistroth, incidental dreadlord #2 in one cutscene in warcraft III.

Final boss of his own raid.

*sigh*
Tichondrius and Anetheron were the two most powerful.

We wiped Anetheron out twice in BC and WoD.

Mephistroth is the current leader of the nathrezim
Is he the final boss of Tomb of Sargeras?

...what a let down.
01/19/2017 10:53 PMPosted by Atraeus
Is he the final boss of Tomb of Sargeras?

...what a let down.

No he's just some backroom boss in NH
01/19/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Swålsh
No he's just some backroom boss in NH

I meant Mephistroth, not Tichondrius.
That's what happens when blizzard tries to make the fall of the burning legion just 1 expansion, they have to squash all the demons we've fought since WC3 into 1 or 2 raids, it may not have been so bad if they made it so just the dreadlords were ones you had to kill in twisting nether, but since it's EVERY demon now that means the people we're killing in tomb are PROBABLY going to be bosses again in argus patch.

Simple terms, too many demons of importance in lore to try to kill off in 1 expansion.
01/19/2017 10:44 PMPosted by Archellia
Final boss of his own raid.

What?

It's a dungeon, not a raid that he's in.
Well hes not gone for good so thats a plus. That said a lesser known Dreadlord would have made more sense to be a mid level raid boss.
You do realize nighthold isn't the twisting neither. He is likely just fine in the twisting nether.
Lol downvoted for pointing out facts
01/19/2017 10:49 PMPosted by Baelthazar
Tichondrius and Anetheron were the two most powerful.

We wiped Anetheron out twice in BC and WoD.

Mephistroth is the current leader of the nathrezim

It's only assumed that he took over as the leader.

Either way, I don't think it's the biggest issue. Tichondrius will be back at some point; as soon as Argus wouldn't be too surprising to me.
I'm kind of hoping that they have more important demons planned to fill that slot instead. I don't know all of them by heart, but I'm assuming a few exist that would be a better match than Tich.

The thing is though there's just a lot of demons. A few of them have ended up being nothing more than a boss to conclude the class hall campaign. Some of them are simple dungeon bosses. There's no way they could make a raid boss out of all of them. The fact that he got that (in a raid that ends with Gul'dan I might add) is a fair homage.

Edit: Seriously. I knew who Gul'dan was before I ever actually saw him appear in the game. His reputation was that pronounced. It's hard to be a more imposing final raid boss than Gul'dan when you're someone else's underling.
Unless they're shown dying in the Twisting Nether, they'll be back to plot against us like any old mustache twirling Saturday morning cartoon villain as they decide on how to stop meddling raiders from meddling in the works of the Legion again. Maybe something involving dropping a large, heavy object on them. Like a boulder.
I hope the end boss will be Baal, and he should drop a SOJ.
Kil'jaeden's the final boss of the raid. Mephistroth's just in a dungeon.