Convergence of Fate (and other trinkets)

Class Development
1 2 3 22 Next
We've been following the discussion on the recent changes to the Convergence of Fate trinkets for Retribution Paladins, as well as the surrounding discussions about trinket balance in general, and wanted to give a quick update on what we're planning:

The original value of Convergence for Ret was wildly out of line with other trinkets, largely due to its interaction with Crusade. After investigation, however, we believe that the change we made may have overshot the mark. We’ll be making some additional adjustments to Convergence of Fate, to make sure that it’s still a good trinket for Ret.

We’re also investigating Convergence’s value to other classes, particularly those with talents that replace the cooldowns that Convergence effects (such as Dark Arbiter for Unholy Death Knights). Like Crusade, those talents are made significantly more powerful when combined with Convergence of Fate, so we’ll likely need to make some adjustments when those kinds of talents are selected as well.

We are also planning to improve Nighthold trinkets which have effects that aren’t a stat buff, such as the slam on Might of Krosus. We will post more information about this as soon as we have settled on the appropriate values, and are planning to make the changes with raid resets next week.
Draught of souls, Warriors?
So my 900 Ilvl Entwined Elemental Foci will still be completely horrible compared to my 855 Memento of Angerbo? I assume so because it gives a stat buff
Does this include Fury of the Burning Sky and Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire?
:thinking:
Isn't this stuff what the ptr is for? Why does this never get done before things get pushed to live anymore?
01/20/2017 04:46 PMPosted by Wape

Draught of souls, Unholy?
buff mirror buff mirror
01/20/2017 04:50 PMPosted by Theora
Does this include Fury of the Burning Sky and Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire?

Grimoire is pretty bad, would only be good on massive AoE pulls.
01/20/2017 04:47 PMPosted by Sealvanis
So my 900 Ilvl Entwined Elemental Foci will still be completely horrible compared to my 855 Memento of Angerbo? I assume so because it gives a stat buff
there should be enough main stat to warrant that change...
If you are seriously suggesting that CoF is too powerful for DKs then you really have no idea what you're doing. Meanwhile it's cutting demon hunter's meta cooldown in half, but that's probably fine because it's not a talent xd.
My biggest issue is the fact that My BiS trinkets come from dungeons and not raids. Faulty Countermeasure, Kil'jaeden's cunning (which yay eats a legendary slot) and several other trinkets are just better than raid trinkets, even with a 40 iLv difference.
Please let raid trinkets be more powerful than mythic+ dungeon trinkets and stat sticks PLEASE.
what about all the tank role trinkets which are just awful atm ._. even the legendary tank trinket has been over nerfed
DONT YOU DARE TOUCH MY DRAUGHT OF SOULS PLS.... pls

Shhhhhhhhh

You mean literally the only class it's good for?
01/20/2017 04:42 PMPosted by Lore
We are also planning to improve Nighthold trinkets which have effects that aren’t a stat buff, such as the slam on Might of Krosus.

Does this mean you are going to buff the Entwined Elemental Foci trinket from Spellblade?
01/20/2017 04:42 PMPosted by Lore

The original value of Convergence for Ret was wildly out of line with other trinkets, largely due to its interaction with Crusade. After investigation, however, we believe that the change we made may have overshot the mark. We’ll be making some additional adjustments to Convergence of Fate, to make sure that it’s still a good trinket for Ret.

Gosh if only there was a test realm where feedback about out of control set bonus/legendary/trinket synergy could be communicated to the devs.

Oh wait that's right literally every Ret with a clue told you that with 4pc/Leg belt/CoF our damage would be absolutely out of control and like all the feedback that lead to Hunters being a boring mess with comical damage output to boot it was completely ignored.
Boy wow so I had to pass on a CoF that dropped in my raid yesterday because it was nerfed to the ground for ret, and now I hear it's getting changed again. Wow. Neato. Super cool, you guys.

But yknow it would be a lot cooler if you guys could, I dunno, test these things BEFORE they went live. That would be A+++++