Beast Master Hunter Discussion

Class Development
Prev 1 12 13 14 37 Next
I was hoping shard farming would be a semi viable way to target the shoulders... Guess not. Doesn't seem to be worth the effort you put into it rather then just doing the old !@#$ we used to do to get legendaries.
What's wrong with this picture?

http://i.imgur.com/4yBUesI.jpg

For years, Bestial Wrath turned us red, savage, splashed in blood. In legion it turned us orange, as if we had set ourselves on fire. It looked good out of context, but it made no sense for a hunter.

I was overjoyed when BW turned us red once again on the PTR, even though Hati was bugged and still orange. And on live, it lasted only a couple of hours.

Now BW turns us HOT PINK, what the F. My pet is red, Hati is orange, and I'm friggin PINK. Not only does this whole thing look extremely hodgepodge and ugly, pinks makes NO sense for a hunter.

Who in the hell though it was a good idea to turn a savage, primal forest dweller PINK, when not one of our other spells are pink, none of our tier sets have been pink, and only a handful of tameable pets are that color, it fits NOTHING. Oh. My. God.

Revert this ugly monstrosity asap, please, or give us a damn glyph at least.
About to get the thunderslash trait tonight (will provide input with how its working after testing) and apparently my hunter profile is gone? lol
After briefly testing it last night it does work on single target the damage is about ~10% more testing required and waiting to do this in a raid environment to confirm for sure. However to note it does act like anAoE cone unlike beast cleave which is a 360 AoE so depending on how your pets are positioned you can get really fantastic AoE. Though again this puts us on relying on the pet pathing which has been a detriment sometimes when trying to manage the pet and getting poor pathing and relying on Hati. I'm sure there will be another work around but pet AI and pathing being son heavily tied to a trait can be a nusiance.
I referenced the BM thread here at https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753806240#1
All BM input is appreciated and highly encouraged from both perspectives!
They've changed the Kill Command visual to be so tiny it's practically invisible... does really no one else care they've messed up 2 of our main visuals in just a week?
03/30/2017 10:18 AMPosted by Degame
give us back multi-shot graphics that actually hit something. feels like closing my eyes and praying shots connect to targets.

Amen to this. Before the graphics change, Multishot did a pretty fair approximation of the number of targets it was hitting. In particular, you could tell if it was only targeting a single mob instead of a whole bunch because you got only one arrow/bullet representation. Same for 2 targets. This was extremely useful when for example you were doing AoE on one main target surrounded by a bunch of adds -- in hectic combat you could easily tell when all the adds were down and when you could turn off the cleave you got from Multishot.

But now Multishot always shows multiple graphic bullets/arrows, no matter how many targets you have. True, it shows more if you have a bunch of them than if you have one or two, but it no longer gives you the specific info you had before. Result: inefficiency in downing targets because you tend to waste Multishot on 1-2 targets.
The fact that Mantle of Command is mandatory to play the spec optimally discourages me. I hate the legendary RNG in this expansion. It should be about practice and executing gameplay skillfully, not lucking out with a random drop.

>.<;
04/06/2017 09:13 AMPosted by Glowshot
The fact that Mantle of Command is mandatory to play the spec optimally discourages me. I hate the legendary RNG in this expansion. It should be about practice and executing gameplay skillfully, not lucking out with a random drop.

>.<;

Pretty sure that this is still the biggest issue facing this spec. I will never understand the choice to put abilities which improve the function of the spec behind RNG. I get that better gear should make you more powerful, but the spec should function smoothly without requiring RNG drops.
In 7.2.5, we are changing Wild Call from a cooldown reset mechanic to a cooldown reduction mechanic.

The base proc chance will be doubled and the cooldown reduction per proc will be 3.0 sec (affected by haste), roughly half the average expected value of current live Wild Call procs. Baseline, the amount of total Dire Beast casts and Dire Beast uptime should be roughly the same as on live, except the changes should result in smoother Focus regeneration from more well-paced Dire Beast casts.

Additionally, these changes have the desired side effect of bringing the power level of The Mantle of Command more in line with other legendaries.
I'm not a hunter expert, but this is mostly intended to be a buff to the baseline spec instead of an actual nerf to the shoulders, correct? As in, the class will do more outside of having the shoulders but will remain about as strong with the shoulders.

EDIT: Because if any of the other comments below me and on the next few pages are any indication, this is not only a massive nerf to the shoulders but a nerf to the baseline spec. Which doesn't at all seem like it's something intended.
This change should have been made months ago when we told you that the shoulders should be baseline. It feels terrible that i had to get 6 leggos to get the shoulders and then you announce three days later they are a moot point.

Wouldnt have cared if i didnt have to deal with being focused starved since launch only to get a ray of hope and then a kick in gut. I am really starting to hate this game.
04/06/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Seph
In 7.2.5, we are changing Wild Call from a cooldown reset mechanic to a cooldown reduction mechanic.

The base proc chance will be doubled and the cooldown reduction per proc will be 3.0 sec (affected by haste), roughly half the average expected value of current live Wild Call procs. Baseline, the amount of total Dire Beast casts and Dire Beast uptime should be roughly the same as on live, except the changes should result in smoother Focus regeneration from more well-paced Dire Beast casts.

Additionally, these changes have the desired side effect of bringing the power level of The Mantle of Command more in line with other legendaries.

Thank you!
So glad I don't have to "farm" the shoulders.
Neato! No more dumping shards into relinquished shoulders.

So when's 7.2.5? :P
04/06/2017 10:52 AMPosted by Seph

This is a good change, you're doing a lot by putting it in. You're making haste an even more valuable stat priority as well as bumping up the value of some of the other legendaries like the boots that kind of exist in a realm of "they seem good but it's hard to make them work without the shoulders."
So instead of making Dire Beast 2 charges baseline like everyone wanted. Your basically giving us a dps loss. As a 3 second CD reduction is nowhere near as good as a reset even if you double the proc rate. I'm sorry you guys know nothing about hunter and it shows. Whats with everyone groveling over this change, we've been ignored the entire patch, then they're nerfing us and people are thanking them since their so desperate for some kind of class change.

Example: Right now if I get 3 Wild Call procs. I get 3 beasts, and 3 beasts that did stomp damage. With the change, I would get 9s off the current CD. It's a terrible change.
04/06/2017 12:15 PMPosted by Noobifrey
So instead of making Dire Beast 2 charges baseline like everyone wanted. Your basically giving us a dps loss. As a 3 second CD reduction is nowhere near as good as a reset even if you double the proc rate. I'm sorry you guys know nothing about hunter and it shows

Example: Right now if I get 3 Wild Call procs. I get 3 beasts, and 3 beasts that did stomp damage. With the change, I would get 9s off the current CD. It's a terrible change.

With the change, you'd get 18 seconds because the proc rate is doubled.

Also, your wild call procs would sometimes give you less than a second off your CD if it proc'd directly before.
04/06/2017 11:10 AMPosted by Dreadfury
I'm not a hunter expert, but this is mostly intended to be a buff to the baseline spec instead of an actual nerf to the shoulders, correct? As in, the class will do more outside of having the shoulders but will remain about as strong with the shoulders.

It's a buff to the class and an indirect nerf to the shoulders. The main point of the shoulders and having 2 charges of dire beast is so that you didn't 'waste' wild call procs. IE the cooldown was already up or about to be up and wild call procs. With the shoulders you just bank that extra charge, without them you just basically had a wasted CD proc.

Now that wild call is a cooldown reduction on dire beast, there's no way for a proc to be 'wasted' in that way since every time it triggers it reduces the cooldown for you.

I don't think it's going to have any major positive effects on our DPS but it's more a QOL change since having wasted dire beast procs was just an awful feeling. It should make playing without the shoulders feel a bit more satisfying.

The shoulders will still be good for the initial 2 charges of dire beast as well as the option to bank a charge for things like heroism and burn phases, but now they're more in line with the other BM legendaries and nobody should feel like they have to have them or their character sucks.