3 54 weapons, what to do with AP

General Discussion
1 2 3 21 Next
So 2 days ago I finished off my third artifact, and now have 3 54 trait weapons. While this felt good as an accomplishment, in light of the recent changes whereby you can't put AP into maxed out weapons, this has led to something of a quandary.

In the past 2 days I have filled out 3 full bags of AP in my bank. What exactly am I supposed to do with these? I can't use them, sell them, trade them, give them away. Is my only recourse supposed to be deleting all of the AP I now get for the next 4 or so months? I implore you to offer an alternative, even something as extreme as stopping giving my character AP altogether.

Here's hoping there is a plan in the works, because I can see immense frustration looming in my future.
I recommend saving all your AP in your bank, I believe they will be adding more traits down the line.
Wow, way to overkill this game. Do you play 24/7? Go answer that thread asking about WQ respawn timer please.

Stop playing? Play an alt? Go on vacation? Be a PSA to let your AP fill up and not take the 54th trait?

01/23/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Liger
I recommend saving all your AP in your bank, I believe they will be adding more traits down the line.

He said he filled 3 bags already. Yes sir, three bags full.
I'm gonna be that guy. Time for a break.
01/23/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Liger

Doesn't solve the core issue of this (first world) problem. Moreover acquiring a vast amount of AP items is pretty easy. No one could ever hope to hold onto a month of farming let alone four.

A revamp of the AP would be nice if it was a currency and you could choose where to dump the points and by how much you want to. This predicament aside it'd be nice if the items weren't "physical".

Edit: Considering the neutrality of my post I'm amused by the downvotes. Guess I should have told him to get a life.
Go outside or play an alt. You beat WoW.
Holy sh.....it's time to step away from wow and get some help dude.
As someone about to max out my ONE artifact...I've been wondering the same thing. Obviously, at the rate we acquire AP rewards simply banking them is not a viable long term solution. But you want to hold onto as much as you can to get a potential leg up on the AP grind come 7.2.

I think Blizzard needs to clarify this situation. For example, they should tell us whether AP we earn now will be usable come 7.2 and the new artifact traits. If it is, they have to give us some way to bank it (other than literally banking it). If it isn't (and I don't feel it should be; I think everyone should start 7.2 on equal footing), then they should give us some way to spend it - perhaps an AP vendor who sells things like potions and runes.
This is what happens when a collection item doesn't have a weekly max like valor and stuff. This is what WoWcrack looks like.

Would be helpful if those AP items stacked (even tho there are way too many different types). Or were open-able into a savings account of sorts.
Grats you did it!

Now your reward is you get to go outside and get some fresh air knowing you're not going to be falling behind.
I recommend pushing your chair away from the keyboard, getting up, taking a shower, eat something, then go outside and try to get a life.
Man, people who've done this are playing this game to an extreme/unhealthy level

I have ONE weapon only and it's only rank 43

01/23/2017 11:25 AMPosted by Takhisis
I recommend pushing your chair away from the keyboard, getting up, taking a shower, eat something, then go outside and try to get a life.

^ I agree
OP is lying anyway.
Calm down alright the boy's dedicated other than you filthy casuals who can't keybind all of your abilites. Gw mini its really not that hard when you have competent groups that can clear Maw's and COS in under 10 minutes.
I feel like I played alot and I'm 5 points away from max on one weapon. I have a 40 hours/week jobs and I play WoW 4-5 hours every day whenever I can, I also don't have a GF atm so that does help with the playing alot thing but man...3 weapon maxed out? That's like 12 hours + a day since launch...what the f***!.
01/23/2017 11:28 AMPosted by Kazala
OP is lying anyway.

I thought so too until I looked at his profile. Could be legit.
OP is lying anyway.

No he isn't. I watch Quin's stream and this dude runs with him a lot, he had two max weapons before a professional streamer even had one. Dude games hard. Also he doesn't seem like the troll type.
OP is lying anyway.

Why do you say this?
Get a job?
As everyone has said. Yes you play to much. I'd like to think your a streamer or someone who makes their living doing this though.

This is just yet AGAIN an example of how blizzard had no forethought in the AP implementation of this expansion and how it is literally game breaking in its design.

It needs to be an overall currency that can't be sold or traded outside of NPC's It also needs to be a ONE WAY transaction that would convert it to gold through an NPC

Lastly, it needs to be account wide.

ACCOUNT WIDE.

Please make these changes blizz and fix your expansion.