3 54 weapons, what to do with AP

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 21 Next
Which averages just under 11 hours PER day -_-
My eyes are burning just thinking about it.
Not being judgemental at all... That's commitment

? I don't get this. What averages 11 hours a day? this is pretty much Averaging 12 hours a day for 130 of the 144 days legion has been out. it's 65, 24 hour days, or 130, 12 hour days. And that is just in M+ only. nothing else.
Sorry there isn't anything more for someone to do who plays WoW 12 hours a day every single day.
they adding ap traits in 7.2 like another 50million grind....oh the boredom
This one person's insane and unhealthy behavior is an extreme outlier...

Maybe. For now.

In 3 months a loooooot more people will start running into this same problem. Wonder what the forums will look like.
I can see why Blizzard doesn't let you keep adding to your weapon, since I'm guessing they don't want people to instantly max out talents once 7.2 hits, however, they should've done something for AP rewards after maxing your entire weapon.

I figure they could've done it in one of two ways. First, is make AP boa, so that you could send some to your alts. The other option would be to make AP rewards sell for gold. Even if it was just a couple gold per reward, it would be something and surely would add up over time.
01/23/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Elterrible
01/23/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Brillyant
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/frostmourne/Mlnideath

Mythic+ Experience
Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 1525
Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 1301
Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 329

"Only" 224 Mythic 2-4 vs 329 10+ within timer. Completed every dungeon at +16 or +17.

I went ahead and broke this down so everyone has an idea how the OP plays.

This is 3155 Mythic + dungeons completed (in time).
If you average 30 minutes a dungeon, (which is probably slow). This is 94650 minutes.
Which is 1577.5 hours
Which is 65 days
Legion has been out for 144 days. He's spent 65 of those days running M+ dungeons only. So good luck filling out your AP it only takes 65 days @ 24hours a day.

Sorry, but I gotta step in. Your break down is wrong. What that says is that he's done 1525 TOTAL m+s, since +2 is the lowest level. He's done 1301 m+s at +5 or above, meaning he's done 224 keystones from +2 to +4 in time. 329 keystones done at +10 in time means he's done 972 keystones from +5 to +9 in time (1301 - 329 = 972).

Still a large number, but it's still a vastly different number from over 3,000.
Is there a reason you're complaining? I don't get it. I'd be ecstatic the grind was over for good. Hell, I'm having trouble getting 1 weapon to 54 in a Mythic raiding guild. I have 45 in Fire and 47 in Frost and I feel like I've given my life to this game.
In fact, I am super displeased that more traits are even being added.

Find something else to do within the game mate or take a break.
01/23/2017 08:29 PMPosted by Ashinera
Sorry, but I gotta step in. Your break down is wrong. What that says is that he's done 1525 TOTAL m+s, since +2 is the lowest level. He's done 1301 m+s at +5 or above, meaning he's done 224 keystones from +2 to +4 in time. 329 keystones done at +10 in time means he's done 972 keystones from +5 to +9 in time (1301 - 329 = 972).

Oh ok, got it . So just half everything i said then, and you'll get 32 days doing only M+ or 750 hours, or 64 days at 12 hours a day.
If you're assuming 30 min per run, yes. Still a lot, but it's a difference. And honestly, it's his life. Let him live it the way he wants. I can think of a lot worse hobbies than playing wow for ~12 hours a day.
01/23/2017 07:20 PMPosted by Elterrible
01/23/2017 12:35 PMPosted by Brillyant
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/frostmourne/Mlnideath

Mythic+ Experience
Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 1525
Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 1301
Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 329

"Only" 224 Mythic 2-4 vs 329 10+ within timer. Completed every dungeon at +16 or +17.

I went ahead and broke this down so everyone has an idea how the OP plays.

This is 3155 Mythic + dungeons completed (in time).
If you average 30 minutes a dungeon, (which is probably slow). This is 94650 minutes.
Which is 1577.5 hours
Which is 65 days
Legion has been out for 144 days. He's spent 65 of those days running M+ dungeons only. So good luck filling out your AP it only takes 65 days @ 24hours a day.

No its not, the way wowprogress counts mythic dungeons will double count stuff if you just add up the raw numbers

You can see on his statistics page hes done about 1600 challenge mode dungeons, which mythic+ are counted as. Its about 80 off of the count he has there, but thats not counting keystones done over the timelimit or any actual challenge modes he's done.
01/23/2017 11:15 AMPosted by Carmageddon
As someone about to max out my ONE artifact...I've been wondering the same thing. Obviously, at the rate we acquire AP rewards simply banking them is not a viable long term solution. But you want to hold onto as much as you can to get a potential leg up on the AP grind come 7.2.

I think Blizzard needs to clarify this situation. For example, they should tell us whether AP we earn now will be usable come 7.2 and the new artifact traits. If it is, they have to give us some way to bank it (other than literally banking it). If it isn't (and I don't feel it should be; I think everyone should start 7.2 on equal footing), then they should give us some way to spend it - perhaps an AP vendor who sells things like potions and runes.

I'd kinda like to see it go BOA. That way you could send it to alts you aren't really playing at are 110.
first dam OP where was my invite for all those AP runs... congrats on caping out ..

but I'm not sure what blizz CAN do about it atm... I mean if they are planning on Adding ranks, they may not want to tell us so ppl arnt stockpiling and then they end up NOT adding the ranks..... then its like saved if for nothing.

I suppose they should have some way of tracking to see that ppl are Ap caped .. and do like they did for the Rep tokens u get from Follower missions and have them account wide so u could send to alts ... /shrug who knows
01/23/2017 08:51 PMPosted by Clipe
but I'm not sure what blizz CAN do about it atm... I mean if they are planning on Adding ranks, they may not want to tell us so ppl arnt stockpiling and then they end up NOT adding the ranks..... then its like saved if for nothing.

They are, its already on the PTR.
Couldn't you just refund the AP in one weapon, then grab 53 traits and keep applying your extra AP to it?
01/23/2017 07:51 PMPosted by Glenmorange
This one person's insane and unhealthy behavior is an extreme outlier...

Maybe. For now.

In 3 months a loooooot more people will start running into this same problem. Wonder what the forums will look like.

the same petty attacks of "go outside"
I posted this in another thread, but: A first World (of Warcraft) Problem

Also, 904 ilvl? Cripes.

a good majority of those dungeons are maw of souls takes 10 minutes or less so less time than you think
01/23/2017 09:01 PMPosted by Zainoqt

a good majority of those dungeons are maw of souls takes 10 minutes or less so less time than you think

I never agreed with the average "30 min" per run thing, I just didn't feel like doing the math. Was simply pointing out that while he's done a large number of keystones, it's not as many as people were thinking.
01/23/2017 09:11 PMPosted by Ashinera
I never agreed with the average "30 min" per run thing, I just didn't feel like doing the math. Was simply pointing out that while he's done a large number of keystones, it's not as many as people were thinking.

Even If it was 15 minutes a run, that's dungeon only, not including recruiting the new key-holder, summoning, looting, and starting a fresh run.
Yo, what doy ou do outside of WoW. You should balance your life out a bit.