3 54 weapons, what to do with AP

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 21 Next
Dude.. I play only one toon, on spec, and I'm -almost- 54.
what the !@#$?
01/23/2017 10:11 PMPosted by Longos
Dude.. I play only one toon, on spec, and I'm -almost- 54.
what the !@#$?

I did the math (roughly) this is 12 hours a day for two months straight doing only M+ nothing else, but m+ for 12 hours a day for 65 days
You know it's funny, but for some reason I didn't anticipate the generic "You have no life, get one, go outside, you have no life" ad infinitum response. More fool me.

I don't think Blizzard should let AP keep being put into 54 weapons, that would just mean that when 7.2 comes out, people would already have completed the entirety of the next set of traits. The point I was trying to get at was that it felt strange to just delete all of these AP tokens, but storing them wasn't viable at all.

As to the whole stop grinding suggestion, I'm not sure you quite get it. I have friends who are still trying to level their artifact, or push a 15, or just see how high a dungeon we can complete. AP will continue to accrue regardless of what I do, and I enjoy playing this character that I've put a lot of time into.
01/23/2017 10:27 PMPosted by Mlnideath
You know it's funny, but for some reason I didn't anticipate the generic "You have no life, get one, go outside, you have no life" ad infinitum response. More fool me.

I don't think Blizzard should let AP keep being put into 54 weapons, that would just mean that when 7.2 comes out, people would already have completed the entirety of the next set of traits. The point I was trying to get at was that it felt strange to just delete all of these AP tokens, but storing them wasn't viable at all.

As to the whole stop grinding suggestion, I'm not sure you quite get it. I have friends who are still trying to level their artifact, or push a 15, or just see how high a dungeon we can complete. AP will continue to accrue regardless of what I do, and I enjoy playing this character that I've put a lot of time into.

We'll be getting some more artifact talents in 7.2, so maybe keep the highest ap ones (100-125k).
01/23/2017 10:27 PMPosted by Mlnideath

quite funny the hostility and downvotes that you received just because you played the game.

On your computer, with your money, on your account.
Three maxed out artifacts? That is really depressing...
I still think AP should be used only at in your class hall Artifact display case (or whatever you want to call it)

When you use an ap token, it goes into the case.

Whichever weapon you have equipped can use the banked amount of ap from the case.
I only skimmed the 1st page, but there's something some of you may not realize when you say "get a life", "go outside", "you live in this game", etc... and that is, for some people, those things aren't possible.

Think about it.
01/23/2017 11:03 AMPosted by Sakujo
01/23/2017 11:00 AMPosted by Liger
I recommend saving all your AP in your bank, I believe they will be adding more traits down the line.

Doesn't solve the core issue of this (first world) problem. Moreover acquiring a vast amount of AP items is pretty easy. No one could ever hope to hold onto a month of farming let alone four.

A revamp of the AP would be nice if it was a currency and you could choose where to dump the points and by how much you want to. This predicament aside it'd be nice if the items weren't "physical".

Edit: Considering the neutrality of my post I'm amused by the downvotes. Guess I should have told him to get a life.

The number of people in OP position has to be less than 1% of the player base. I havent' even finish the first 35 traits on ONE artifact, let alone 3.
01/24/2017 12:07 AMPosted by Tondaleo
I only skimmed the 1st page, but there's something some of you may not realize when you say "get a life", "go outside", "you live in this game", etc... and that is, for some people, those things aren't possible.

Think about it.

So you claiming it isn't possible for someone to 'get a life' outside this game, yet they can type on this forum just fine.
OP now that you have maxed all 3 of your weapons I suggest you go outside and enjoy the sunlight for a few hours each day xD

Totally not Jelly.
01/23/2017 02:10 PMPosted by Unkiend
So if you stop at 53 traits can you continue to dump AP into the weapon?

Asking for a friend

Yes

which is why any and every excuse in this thread for why you cant dump into a max level one is stupid. You could build up billions of AP for 7.2 by not taking a 0.5% increase yet.

Just so everyone knows, this poster is wrong.

If you leave your weapon at 53, once you have the points for 54, YOU CANNOT PUT MORE POINTS IN THE WEAPON.

Even if you never take the 54th point.

The game says "you cannot modify that weapon", instead.

(This was changed a couple weeks ago to prevent players from doing just that.)
01/24/2017 12:15 AMPosted by Beastlyhor
OP now that you have maxed all 3 of your weapons I suggest you go outside and enjoy the sunlight for a few hours each day xD

Totally not Jelly.

Maxxing artifact weapons is not difficult if one spends all their time doing Mythic+. Because Mythic+ is, by far, the most rewarding activity of this expansion.

You can easily get a million AP every hour by chain-carrying people through Maw of Souls.

Rather than belittle the original poster, perhaps people should be concerned about how lopsided the rewards structure is this expansion. (Mythic+ 5-mans > everything)
There is also the possibility that the devs haven't really confirm on which system they want to go from here for the AP system. Whether they want to:
(a) open AK to higher % and AP cap to higher levels or
(b) use a new higher tier AP currency for the new traits.

By capping the AP, they still have the option to switch to the other system if needed, where as if they allow players to 'store AP', they will be locked down that path and it's problem of rapidly upward spiraling AP requirements (I expect in 7.3, new traits could take 1.2 Billion AP).
Maw of Souls here I come
Gonna go against the grain here and say impressive man. Most ppl only dream of having that dedication to something pretty jealous
ITT: More of General Discussion openly hating on anyone that doesn't clear LFR once a week and log off.

Seriously, people that do M+ beyond 7's often outside of raiding are going to wind up with large amounts of AP. Just because people have free time and do group content doesn't make them some "no lifer".
01/24/2017 12:12 AMPosted by Roxette
01/24/2017 12:07 AMPosted by Tondaleo

Think about it.

So you claiming it isn't possible for someone to 'get a life' outside this game, yet they can type on this forum just fine.

You're not serious, surely?

There are many disabilities, both physical and mental, that could prevent a person from "getting a life" but leave them capable of playing a game or writing on a forum.

Not saying this is necessarily the case here. The OP may just enjoy playing. It's his life after all.
guys need to chill he probably just runs MoS which is like 10 minutes.

someone said 900 M+ completes so if they are all MoS. 9000 minutes or... a wopping 6.25 days on M+ dungs. that's right only 6.25 days

I've even seen limit doing carries in premade. I bet it's super fun feeling like a superhero all the time just melting bosses and getting free AP.
How in the blue blazing cow balls did you not go insane from doing this?

Look, I like WoW as much as the next guy, I've been playing since vanilla and raided and did endgame grinds for most of it (took off the jack black expansion and most of back to the future), but theres a freaking limit to how much endless tedious "repeat the same crap forever" a normal person can take before their brain melts, especially when its also super time consuming to fit the amount in you'd need for all three weapons to be maxed

I skimmed the thread looking for replies from you, and theres only the one as far as I saw. I was hoping for some sort of explanation as to how you can play this game THAT much... I mean, are you disabled and basically glued to your computer (not sure this validates playing JUST WoW that much)? Are you just extremely autistic (not judging, this is a serious question) and feel endlessly compelled to do these same endless grinds? Do you have an extremely low income and cant afford to buy other games (not sure how you couldnt at least end up putting SOME time into some other F2P games even then though)?

Seriously, this is actually bothering me, I need to know the answer. How have you not gone completely numb to doing the same content over and over and OVER, I couldnt even make it five months into this expansion before I stopped playing regularly and my artifacts for my DH sit at 38 and 35 points respectively, I only even get AP from using the app to do missions for AP tokens thats how quickly I got bored with this expansions endless repetition. How have you not gone and played other games? I mean, 1 weapon is understandable, a lot of time, but not that big a deal. Two... okay maybe, its not even the time at this point that makes it unreasonable, its the endless grinding the same. freaking. content. But all three... then you're adding in the vast amount of time this would require ON TOP OF doing the same things CONSTANTLY.

This whole thing actually makes my head hurt just thinking about it as.. ya know.. a human being and not a robot. There has to be SOMETHING going on with you, and I really want to know what it is. Not to judge, not to criticize, I just cant help but wonder, what kind of issue or disability or general problems would lead a person to put this many hours into what WoW currently is.

I sincerely hope you answer me on this, again I'm not judging or chastising you in any way, I just NEED to know the answer to this.

Edit: To add, for the record, at one point I started wondering if you were that one guy who posted on 4chan who had listened to "in the end" like 70 thousand times because he "likes the song" and "doesnt like other songs" as his explanations. Thats how mind boggling it is that you havent gone comatose from repeating the same dungeons and raids and grinds so much