3 54 weapons, what to do with AP

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 21 Next
01/24/2017 02:04 AMPosted by Puzle
Seriously, this is actually bothering me, I need to know the answer. How have you not gone completely numb to doing the same content over and over and OVER, I couldnt even make it five months into this expansion before I stopped playing regularly and my artifacts for my DH sit at 38 and 35 points respectively, I only even get AP from using the app to do missions for AP tokens thats how quickly I got bored with this expansions endless repetition.

Why do you even stay subscribed if all you do is use the mobile app to... well, to not play your character?

To use your own words: Seriously, this is actually bothering me, I need to know the answer.
simple fix would be that when your capped on all weapons.....have it go into a currency temporarily.
(like coins and ancient mana)
01/24/2017 02:11 AMPosted by Lockedheart
simple fix would be that when your capped on all weapons.....have it go into a currency temporarily.

Even better: Once you cap on all weapons, the AP tokens become BoA. :)
01/24/2017 01:57 AMPosted by Rautha
guys need to chill he probably just runs MoS which is like 10 minutes.

someone said 900 M+ completes so if they are all MoS. 9000 minutes or... a wopping 6.25 days on M+ dungs. that's right only 6.25 days

I've even seen limit doing carries in premade. I bet it's super fun feeling like a superhero all the time just melting bosses and getting free AP.

9000 minutes, thats 150 hours. If the average person puts in on average over a week 2-3 hours a day (thats still on the high side for people with full time jobs, consider you work 8 hours a day, maybe a 30m lunch break, then travel time, so about 9 hours a day for work if you live close to work, 8 hours of sleep a day, that leaves roughly 7 hours of free time in which you need to cook, eat, shower, clean, lay down 10-30m early for bed to relax/unwind and fall asleep on time, etc, so take off probably 2 hours total -average for each day- for that general "life" stuff, so 5 hours a day free time during the week, you'd have to spend 50% of all your total free time playing wow consistently, Sure you have 32 hours of freetime on the weekends, but people usually do things then, go out with friends, go on dates, take a walk, work on their car, visit family, go shopping for at least groceries, etc, so its probably still about the same general amount of free time as any given day), thats still between 50 and 75 days of real life time, basically about two months of spending 100% of their time in game doing one dungeon.. over.. and over... and over... and over.... ... and over. Not including farming or AH stuff, exploring, questing, raids, NOTHING... JUST M+ MoS

Once again, it makes my head hurt just imagining doing that

Seriously, this is actually bothering me, I need to know the answer. How have you not gone completely numb to doing the same content over and over and OVER, I couldnt even make it five months into this expansion before I stopped playing regularly and my artifacts for my DH sit at 38 and 35 points respectively, I only even get AP from using the app to do missions for AP tokens thats how quickly I got bored with this expansions endless repetition.

Regardless of my life situation, which I won't go into as frankly I don't believe it's pertinent, you're describing an endless cycle of WQ as mind numbing.

I agree. That would drive me mad.

Imagine instead, grouping up with your mates, and doing M+, trying different strats, seeing how fast you can do it, how hard a dungeon you can do. Probably 80% of my AP has come from M+. Not sure why you felt the need to write such a lengthy diatribe asking personal questions about my life, when it's obvious we play the game a different way.

And that's fine. WoW is a great game, and offers an extremely large number of ways to enjoy it. My initial post was merely about the AP side, not about validating the enjoyment I get.
01/24/2017 02:08 AMPosted by Tewa

Why do you even stay subscribed if all you do is use the mobile app to... well, to not play your character?

To use your own words: Seriously, this is actually bothering me, I need to know the answer.

Friends who play. But I wouldn't keep it active just for them if it wasnt also for the fact that I can spend the stupid amount of gold I made in Hill Valley to pay for game time and not spend a dime of real money. I still log in to raid with them, and occasionally do some dungeons or something.
01/24/2017 02:26 AMPosted by Mlnideath
Imagine instead, grouping up with your mates, and doing M+,

Thats the thing, I am/did

9000 minutes, thats 150 hours. If the average person puts in on average over a week 2-3 hours a day...... thats still between 50 and 75 days of real life time, basically about two months of spending 100% of their time in game doing one dungeon.. over.. and over... and over... and over.... ... and over. Not including farming or AH stuff, exploring, questing, raids, NOTHING... JUST M+ MoS

It still doesnt add up. There arent that many different ways to "try" the same content (edit: especially not when you're spending SO much freaking time in the SAME THING). It has to become mind numbingly tedious to the point of soul crushing for a normal person.

And the fact you refused to answer my question says theres SOMETHING going on there. You dont wanna talk about it. Fine, I understand. But christ son, you need to do something about whatever it is that has turned you into more of a robot than a man
easiest solution would be to allow them to stack to 100 in our bags.

Regardless of my life situation, which I won't go into as frankly I don't believe it's pertinent, you're describing an endless cycle of WQ as mind numbing.

I agree. That would drive me mad.

Imagine instead, grouping up with your mates, and doing M+, trying different strats, seeing how fast you can do it, how hard a dungeon you can do. Probably 80% of my AP has come from M+. Not sure why you felt the need to write such a lengthy diatribe asking personal questions about my life, when it's obvious we play the game a different way.

And that's fine. WoW is a great game, and offers an extremely large number of ways to enjoy it. My initial post was merely about the AP side, not about validating the enjoyment I get.
damn bro sit down you just got PUT DOWN.
01/24/2017 02:12 AMPosted by Tewa
01/24/2017 02:11 AMPosted by Lockedheart

Even better: Once you cap on all weapons, the AP tokens become BoA. :)

never happen. they want AP to be soulbound. thats why converting it into a currency (until you are able to invest again) would be their only answer
01/24/2017 02:28 AMPosted by Puzle
01/24/2017 02:08 AMPosted by Tewa

Friends who play. But I wouldn't keep it active just for them if it wasnt also for the fact that I can spend the stupid amount of gold I made in Hill Valley to pay for game time and not spend a dime of real money. I still log in to raid with them, and occasionally do some dungeons or something.

Solid answer! Thanks.
Imagine instead, grouping up with your mates, and doing M+,

Thats the thing, I am/did

9000 minutes, thats 150 hours. If the average person puts in on average over a week 2-3 hours a day...... thats still between 50 and 75 days of real life time, basically about two months of spending 100% of their time in game doing one dungeon.. over.. and over... and over... and over.... ... and over. Not including farming or AH stuff, exploring, questing, raids, NOTHING... JUST M+ MoS

It still doesnt add up. There arent that many different ways to "try" the same content (edit: especially not when you're spending SO much freaking time in the SAME THING). It has to become mind numbingly tedious to the point of soul crushing for a normal person.

And the fact you refused to answer my question says theres SOMETHING going on there. You dont wanna talk about it. Fine, I understand. But christ son, you need to do something about whatever it is that has turned you into more of a robot than a man
why are you trying to dissect his entire life. There are so many variables to play that you don't know. I think you are just jealous. News flash buddy do you think he would he doing it over and over if he didn't enjoy it? What works for some doesn't work for others lol people are different quit acting like everyone is the same as you . You should learn to think abstractly.
01/24/2017 02:47 AMPosted by Bentleyy
why are you trying to dissect his entire life. There are so many variables to play that you don't know. I think you are just jealous. News flash buddy do you think he would he doing it over and over if he didn't enjoy it? What works for some doesn't work for others lol people are different quit acting like everyone is the same as you . You should learn to think abstractly.

1) Because I'm legit curious. I've laid out my arguments as to how this is abnormal, and abnormal things fascinate me. Therefore, I wish to know. Its a really simple concept

2) Jealous? Is that really what you think, or is it just a childish jab at me? Truth be told, I have the free time and skill to achieve what he has. The will to slough through the same things over and over endlessly is missing though, as I know it is for a great many people. I cannot sit down and play ONE game THAT much doing the same thing in said game constantly. The sheer tedious nature of it would drive me to suicide. If I couldnt turn on steam and load up dark souls or mgs5 of HoI4 or ZTD or well literally ANYTHING other than WoW, if I was compelled to sit here and grind the same M+s for hundreds of hours, I would honestly end my own life

3) Do i think he would do it so much if he didnt enjoy it? YES YES I MOST CERTAINLY WOULD! Do you think people with OCD check and check and recheck etc the same thing constantly because they ENJOY doing it? Do you think people with sever depression lay in bed for hours because they ENJOY it? Do people with autism sort/order/etc things in such meticulous ways because they ENJOY it? No, no they do not. Which is WHY I asked OP what I did.

4) I think its you who isnt thinking abstractly actually. You're content with the assumption of "different strokes." Which in normal circumstances would be fine. This isnt normal circumstances.
While it doesn't really solve the OP's problem, I'd think having the physical tokens be vendor trash at 1c or 1g or some low amount would be more convenient. Yes, you can use a delete macro, but vendoring things is easier IMO.

01/23/2017 08:54 PMPosted by Reinhilde
Couldn't you just refund the AP in one weapon, then grab 53 traits and keep applying your extra AP to it?

As another person pointed out (Tewa on p.6), you can't actually bank the AP in a 53 weapon.

Aside from that, the refund was a decent idea. I'm sure the OP could certainly max out a 4th weapon before 7.2 if they were to go this route, considering the content they regularly run. However, the ability to refund is so that you can respec if you've made a mistake while putting in points. Once you hit 35 and have all of the traits maxed out, there is no cause to worry about having made a mistake. At this point, the NPC no longer offers the option to refund.

I tested this myself to be sure. I have one weapon at 38 while the other two are in the 20s. The NPC does not offer a refund on my main weapon, but does for the other two.
01/24/2017 03:01 AMPosted by Puzle
01/24/2017 02:47 AMPosted by Bentleyy

1) Because I'm legit curious. I've laid out my arguments as to how this is abnormal, and abnormal things fascinate me. Therefore, I wish to know. Its a really simple concept

2) Jealous? Is that really what you think, or is it just a childish jab at me? Truth be told, I have the free time and skill to achieve what he has. The will to slough through the same things over and over endlessly is missing though, as I know it is for a great many people. I cannot sit down and play ONE game THAT much doing the same thing in said game constantly. The sheer tedious nature of it would drive me to suicide. If I couldnt turn on steam and load up dark souls or mgs5 of HoI4 or ZTD or well literally ANYTHING other than WoW, if I was compelled to sit here and grind the same M+s for hundreds of hours, I would honestly end my own life

3) Do i think he would do it so much if he didnt enjoy it? YES YES I MOST CERTAINLY WOULD! Do you think people with OCD check and check and recheck etc the same thing constantly because they ENJOY doing it? Do you think people with sever depression lay in bed for hours because they ENJOY it? Do people with autism sort/order/etc things in such meticulous ways because they ENJOY it? No, no they do not. Which is WHY I asked OP what I did.

4) I think its you who isnt thinking abstractly actually. You're content with the assumption of "different strokes." Which in normal circumstances would be fine. This isnt normal circumstances.
lol if you would "honestly" end your life spamming mythic you truly are a weak little man. Anyways you have wasted enough of my time g night little beta
01/24/2017 03:15 AMPosted by Bentleyy
lol if you would "honestly" end your life spamming mythic you truly are a weak little man. Anyways you have wasted enough of my time g night little beta

I'd also end my own life if my existence consisted entirely of replaying ff7, or literally pushing a rock up a hill, or watching the same youtube video for 16 hours a day, or essentially doing anything constantly and consistently all day every day. Thats not "beta" (please dont use words that you dont know what they mean.. or try this, explain to me how its "alpha" to mindlessly complete the same task, ad nauseam, but you still do it long passed the point it lost all meaning and value, and I mean LOOOONNNNGGGG passed that point, like you cant even REMEMBER what it was like for it to have meaning it was so long ago), thats not "weak," thats realizing your existence has gone beyond the realm of "the daily grind" and turned into actual, endless, mindless repetition and has lost absolutely any and all possible purpose or meaning and thus has no value, not even to you, if that is going to be the remainder of your existence

The saying "variety is the spice of life," didnt just come into existence for no reason, humans (normal humans) need novelty, new experiences, new challenges, new interactions, etc. Doing the same thing ad infinitum by choice is not just abnormal, its unhealthy, and someone who would CHOOSE that path to this extent likely has far deeper concerns than someone misusing the term beta and directing it at them
01/23/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Mlnideath
So 2 days ago I finished off my third artifact, and now have 3 54 trait weapons. While this felt good as an accomplishment, in light of the recent changes whereby you can't put AP into maxed out weapons, this has led to something of a quandary.

In the past 2 days I have filled out 3 full bags of AP in my bank. What exactly am I supposed to do with these? I can't use them, sell them, trade them, give them away. Is my only recourse supposed to be deleting all of the AP I now get for the next 4 or so months? I implore you to offer an alternative, even something as extreme as stopping giving my character AP altogether.

Here's hoping there is a plan in the works, because I can see immense frustration looming in my future.

My suggestion, log off wow and take a break. Then get some good amount of rest and exercise from all the physical inactivity from playing wow 24/7. As far as bag space goes and storing AP and if you only plan on doing nighthold progression, maybe put the ap tokens in void storage?
You can't put them in void storage.
Serious question, how many legendaries do you have total?
01/24/2017 04:00 AMPosted by Tewa
You can't put them in void storage.

Didn't know that, that's lame.