3 54 weapons, what to do with AP

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 21 Next
Take a shower and go for a bike ride. Go bar-hopping with some friends.

Related: I find it very interesting how every "go outside" comment before OP's reply was upvoted into the heavens, and how every comment like that after their reply is downvoted. Their calm response garnered them respect, but it doesn't change the fact that they have no-lifed this game until they actually capped out 3 weapons. It's still disgusting and sad. My mother would be disappointed.

Seriously. You know that there is nothing you can do about it. There's a limit to everything. If you really want, reset one of your weapons to 0 and start over. My guess is it'll take you 4 days to get to 54 again.
Grats, but serously why the rush and play at that unhealthy level? Theirs no way you can have full time job and do other things besides not sit in front of a monitor to grind max AP on 3 weapons already. I feel bad for you :-/
And here I am on a hunter I got to 110 two weeks ago and he just got his 34 trait. I felt like a badass.

Guess I am a filthy casual
The game is not designed for complete addicts that are unemployed and play 22 hours a day.

Sorry.
OP probably left this thread long time ago, but I feel sorry for him. Too many people on their high horses who know what everyone should be doing with their lives.
You do nothing. Is that the answer you're looking for?
This game is not balanced around nolifers like you, or account sharers.

You do nothing till they release more "content" because thats all you can do.

Amount of Mythic 2+ Dungeons completed in time: 1536
Amount of Mythic 5+ Dungeons completed in time: 1311
Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 337

This is such an unrealistic time sink.
damn daddy
01/24/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Jahronie

It's been pointed out already in the thread, but you seemed to have not bothered to read the thread.

So I assume you won't read this either. But what the heck.

1500 dungeons

Maw of Souls can be done in 10 minutes (which is probably what he's doing, since that's what people do).
Let's call it 15 minutes to be super generous.

So that's 4 Maws per hour.

Let's call it 375ish hours of Mythic+.

Game has been out for 18ish weeks.

That's 20 hours a week doing Mythic dungeons.

I know plenty of people who play for 20 hours a week but don't do anything besides LFR and make transmog sets.

The only thing the OP has done is take his play time and spend it on something that generates a lot of Artifact Power.

His playtime is not, in fact, excessive. Just used properly.
01/24/2017 08:31 AMPosted by Tewa
01/24/2017 08:22 AMPosted by Jahronie

It's been pointed out already in the thread, but you seemed to have not bothered to read the thread.

So I assume you won't read this either. But what the heck.

1500 dungeons

Maw of Souls can be done in 10 minutes (which is probably what he's doing, since that's what people do).
Let's call it 15 minutes to be super generous.

So that's 4 Maws per hour.

Let's call it 375ish hours of Mythic+.

Game has been out for 18ish weeks.

That's 20 hours a week doing Mythic dungeons.

I know plenty of people who play for 20 hours a week but don't do anything besides LFR and make transmog sets.

The only thing the OP has done is take his play time and spend it on something that generates a lot of Artifact Power.

His playtime is not, in fact, excessive. Just used properly.

You're right. I wont read this
01/24/2017 12:12 AMPosted by Roxette
01/24/2017 12:07 AMPosted by Tondaleo
I only skimmed the 1st page, but there's something some of you may not realize when you say "get a life", "go outside", "you live in this game", etc... and that is, for some people, those things aren't possible.

Think about it.

So you claiming it isn't possible for someone to 'get a life' outside this game, yet they can type on this forum just fine.

Yes.
01/23/2017 10:56 AMPosted by Mlnideath
So 2 days ago I finished off my third artifact, and now have 3 54 trait weapons. While this felt good as an accomplishment, in light of the recent changes whereby you can't put AP into maxed out weapons, this has led to something of a quandary.

In the past 2 days I have filled out 3 full bags of AP in my bank. What exactly am I supposed to do with these? I can't use them, sell them, trade them, give them away. Is my only recourse supposed to be deleting all of the AP I now get for the next 4 or so months? I implore you to offer an alternative, even something as extreme as stopping giving my character AP altogether.

Here's hoping there is a plan in the works, because I can see immense frustration looming in my future.
Congrats! Possibly answered here, but just for clarity...

The solution is something we discussed briefly at BlizzCon, which is that we plan on adding more traits in 7.2. A brief rundown:
  • All existing 3-point traits will allow a fourth hard point to be invested
  • New traits will be released
  • Fourth relic slots will be unlocked
01/24/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Ornyx
So 2 days ago I finished off my third artifact, and now have 3 54 trait weapons. While this felt good as an accomplishment, in light of the recent changes whereby you can't put AP into maxed out weapons, this has led to something of a quandary.

In the past 2 days I have filled out 3 full bags of AP in my bank. What exactly am I supposed to do with these? I can't use them, sell them, trade them, give them away. Is my only recourse supposed to be deleting all of the AP I now get for the next 4 or so months? I implore you to offer an alternative, even something as extreme as stopping giving my character AP altogether.

Here's hoping there is a plan in the works, because I can see immense frustration looming in my future.

The solution is something we discussed briefly at BlizzCon, which is that we plan on adding more traits in 7.2. A brief rundown:

so, in the meantime, those take up bag space?

Doesn't really help the player now, though.
01/24/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Rubedo
...Congrats! Possibly answered here, but just for clarity...

I don't have an immediate answer. Let me see if this is something the developers are aware of, and if we can address the problem.

I could see some kind of stored AP pool on the weapons working, but I'm not sure if the technology exists.
01/24/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Ornyx

I don't have an immediate answer. Let me see if this is something the developers are aware of, and if we can address the problem.

I could see some kind of stored AP pool on the weapons working, but I'm not sure if the technology exists.

So then you do have an immediate answer, the answer is to bank AP tokens and hope for a better solution soon.
guild banks filling up with AP.

Can you store soulbound items in the GB?
Man, I've been playing for 10-20 hours a week since the month before Legion came out, and I've basically accomplished nothing in-game compared to what this guy's done in the same ballpark amount of time

:*[
It's so very obvious what's going on here.

Considering the 7.2 traits include another 20 tier trait, the AP needed to cap the weapon is currently 219M, and this DOESN'T include the AP needed to get each existing trait from 3 to 4.

By making it so you only have a finite amount of bag space for the AP tokens, a lot of them go to waste, thus increasing the amount needed once 7.2 actually is released.

Just another way to artificially extend the game content, essentially what they've been doing all of Legion...
01/24/2017 11:57 AMPosted by Ornyx

You could pool excess AP on weapons pre 7.1.5. Why was that removed, unless the goal was to create an annoying system of filling your bank with AP only to run out of bank space and start having the tokens go to waste?