[H-RP] The Whitehorn Tribe

Wyrmrest Accord
Wambleesha looked over the small encampment situated at Ghostwalker Post, in Desolace. He counted the number of Whitehorn several times, and after each count he would frown. His people had dwindled, their numbers slowly disappearing. He sighed softly, looking towards the mountains that sectioned off Desolace from the Golden Plains of Mulgore.

For too long had the Whitehorn camped outside the Crossroads, serving Soup to those in need. While they had looked to others, they had become blind to their own needs. The Legion’s return was a painful lesson, one that was still engraved in many of the minds camped here now.

But even though dire times had begun for the Whitehorn, a glimmer of hope was revealed. The Totem Spirits had spoken to Elder Wambleesha, the new Chieftain of the Whitehorn, to come to Desolace. There, they would find the strength, and the answers, to begin pushing back against their dreaded foe, the Sleeper.

Wambleesha looked back to his people once more before whispering to the Spirits. It was time the Whitehorn took to the Paths of Old, to find the Shrines long left in disrepair. The Totem Spirits would be honored, and revered in the proper way, and the Whitehorn would begin to push back from the disarray that had befallen their once great people. The Elder stands tall, looking towards the encampment of his people. “Theia-shoush ahmen.”

The Whitehorn Tribe is a mostly Tauren, tribal RP guild with a heavy focus on service to the Skyfather, the teachings of the Earthmother, and honoring the ancestors. If your character believes the Shu’halo are losing touch with their traditions, or that the Shu’halo should be honoring the Totem Spirits more than they should - then we might be the guild for you! If your character hears the call of the Spirits, and you want to stand ready to protect the Earthmother and her children – then yes, we do have a place for you.

FAQs :

Wait, wasn’t Kinarra the GM of Whitehorn?

Aye, she was. However due to being unable to be present enough for interactions of the Tribe, she decided it would be best to hand it over to myself. However, she hasn’t left us, just taken a more laidback approach until she can return to usurp the mantle from my hands. Love you Kina…

What do you mean by “mostly Tauren”?

That we do accept non-Tauren members! As long as the character’s beliefs are in line with the Earthmother’s teachings, then yes, we accept them. Once they were considered provisional members, but the dire times ahead for the Whitehorn have called for them to reconsider this stance. As such, other races will be treated as tribesmen, once they have completed the necessary rites.

Who the heck is the “Skyfather”?

(As originally written by Kinarra.) The Skyfather, to my knowledge, is not mentioned in Tauren Lore. The concepts Earthmother and Skyfather occur together frequently in tribal cultures around the world however. To my point of view though, since the “Earthmother” is mentioned, it seems to imply the Skyfather. It’s not hard to believe that the different Tauren tribes would have different variations in some of their beliefs and customs. So, The Whitehorns are a bit on the fringe of the Tauren mainstream.

I noticed many references to “journey”, “trail” and “path” – is there a theme here?

Yes, there is! The main focus of the guild are the “Spirit Paths”. This is the method by which you honor the Skyfather and Earthmother. There are four paths that represent different focus areas your character can choose from. They are: Brave, Healer, Teacher/Lore master, and Mystic. For RP purposes, these replace your in-game class. How you choose to RP your character determines which path you choose.

Basic Information:
Horde Friendly* Guild: <Whitehorn Tribe> (*Because “Neutral” isn’t an option.)

Guild Site: http://thewhitehorntribe.shivtr.com

Contacts: Wambleesha (Guild Leader), Kinarra (Co-GM), Ossyka, Springmoon, Eishala or Menem.
Valkosk's stomach growls.
Brace yourselves. Soup is coming.
01/24/2017 11:26 AMPosted by Raton

I am not sure.

01/24/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Wambleesha
For too long had the Whitehorn camped outside the Crossroads, serving Soup to those in need. While they had looked to others, they had become blind to their own needs.
01/24/2017 11:35 AMPosted by Valkosk
01/24/2017 11:26 AMPosted by Raton

I am not sure.

01/24/2017 05:25 AMPosted by Wambleesha
For too long had the Whitehorn camped outside the Crossroads, serving Soup to those in need. While they had looked to others, they had become blind to their own needs.
Yeah, I saw that too. But then I asked him in voice and he confirms soup night every two weeks.
Yeah Soup Night will still be a thing, just moving to a two week schedule rather then weekly. Twas just a story blurb to say we looked to others instead of also looking to ourselves. It was a costly lesson, so now we are striving to achieve a balance, as is natural in the world.
Soup for you! Soup for you! EVERYONE GETS SOUP!!!
Heroes!
Good to see you folks still around!
All of the support for Whitehorn. This is one of a few tribes that really deserves some active role players. If you're a tauren and you're looking for a good, more spiritually focused tribe, I highly suggest giving these guys a look!
Good folks! The GM is super keen.
*a heavy veiled figure approaches the campfire and stands silently*

*holds sign that says "Help Make the Whitehorn Relevent Again!"*

<3 To Wambleeeeeeeeeeeeesha!

I'm still around - sporatically - due to RL stuff that has sort of gone south for the moment. However, if you see a little Tauren Priestess named Ossyka, with no character sheet - That's me. :P

Mooo to my sexy moos and sexy orc friends!
<3 you Kina. Yes, help make Whitehorn Relevant. If you are interested in the tribe, be sure to message me! And if you cant catch me online, do not be afraid to send me an in-game mail. I'll respond when I get back online.
I've read all the information on your website and you all seem like the kind of group I would be interested in joining. I've been a long time on/off player since vanilla. I only recently however started on WRA in hopes of connecting to my characters and the world more. You all seem very open and friendly but I would like to ask if players who are new to RP are welcome. I promise to do my homework!
All sorts are welcome from all walks and experience, so long as everyone manages to work cooperatively. Fresh faces, long time veterans, or casual experience is all accepted. The nature of collaborative writing and community around it is for nurturing growth and sharing techniques.

Except for me. The Saltiest cow in the Spitoon.

Otherwise, feel free to consider an application on the guild site or prod one of our members to hunt us down in game.
Rai'aga is a bit salty.... and likes to headbut people. But what Rai said is pretty accurate.
Definitely interested on my Tauren Shaman. I'll be in contact. :)
Basic Information:
Horde Friendly* Guild: <Whitehorn Tribe> (*Because “Neutral” isn’t an option.)

Might you guys be looking for some cross-faction friends in the future? We're transferring over here next week. It looks like we've got a lot in common. Tribal, focused on The Old Ways (for us, Harvest Witch old ways and following Goldrinn). Really impressed by yall's website.
thewhitefangpack.guildlaunch.com
On ED, we were on good terms with The Redwood Tribe. Now, we're switching to WrA and we don't have any friends yet. Let me know if you'd be interested in doing something.
Hey there, we are certainly open to cross-faction RP. Message me in-game when you have a chance and we can potentially add each on Battle-net to help co-ordinate and whatnot.

Whitehorn is still recruiting, feel free to message me at any time :D
01/29/2017 04:49 PMPosted by Wambleesha
Hey there, we are certainly open to cross-faction RP.

*Suspicious peering*