Order Hall sets: what a WASTE

General Discussion
1 2 3 34 Next
I started off like everyone else and the first thing I saw in the Hall was the vendor..looked at the set pieces and the bonuses and thought, finally, some gear I can use for levelling.

Wait. No. What?

Then see "cant be used till 110"..why?

The Order Hall set is perfect for new toons and is gated in such a way that by the time you can use it, its mog gear...I literally dont understand this.

The set bonuses are perfect for levellng or for new 110's, it could scale 100-110 the same way as looms do with the set bonuses intact, but I dont get how or why this iteration with the order hall gear came to being.

One of the set pieces cant be bought till you are Nightfallen EXALTED??

I am at a loss to get the logic in this, here we have an order hall set, which is literally tailor made for levelling toons or for new 110's, and with the rep locks and other pre requisites, it's redundant and worthless because you either get better gear from world quests..or cant use it for weeks after you hit 110 and by that time you dont need it anyway.

Why was such a well designed set reduced to total uselessness??

Why not make this available at 100??

Why not make the entire set available at 110?

The set could be designed to get one piece per Pillar of Creation, another when you complete your Order Hall campaign (a higher ilevel piece)..what I am confused about is why this set was created...and then restricted in such a way as to make it little more than mog gear with set bonuses.

It had huge potential....and by the time you can use it..it's worthless.

Anyone?
I used some of the pieces. The ones I didn't are now transmog options for me.

They were a nice filler option.

But i could see how someone could be highly offended by their presence. Wait, nevermind, I can't begin to fathom that.
Back at launch I wore em for like 2 weeks before raids came out. Whats weird is that it takes a LONG time to get exalted with Nightfallen and by that time you definitely have much better gear on.
I used a few as well. They may not be as valuable now as they were at launch, but they do have a place.
You'd almost have to hit 110 in order to get Exalted with any of the reps. They probably should have made them available at Honored and 105ish so you could get some use out of them.
01/25/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Aehl

Anyone?

Not sure why you think they are worthless. The Tier bonuses and the gear itself was a good starting point until I started replacing the gear by running dungeons. Making it higher level and just costing gold takes away from wanting to run dungeons to improve your gear.

and its decent gear for players that choose to not run dungeons at all.

just because its not suited for you doesn't mean you have to use it.
I'm not as upset as the OP but they are pointless
Yea, by time you unlock them all, they're going to be obsolete.

They should have added ilvl 860 boost tokens for them, to be bought with some sort of currency.

I never used the set as a whole because I had found better gear before I ever got exalted.
They are kinda crappy in comparison to WQ rewards.

You would think they would be a little stronger than what you get from clicking 10 nuts.
15 NUTS ...
And ten squirrels.
Order Hall set is a scam, especially the upgrades. By the time you can buy everything, you will get better gear from DG or Raid.
I am not upset (and BTW Mvura, , ignored), I can just see how they had far more potential than they were used for.

The set bonuses alone make for perfect levelling gear, but it was gated to 110. Makes no sense. They could have been far far more useful in the long run.

Wrists: must get 6 champions for Order Hall

Leggings: finish 8 dungeons, by which time the gear from the instances makes this piece useless anyway.

Boots: Reach REVERED with two reputations? By that time you've done dozens of world quests and will hav e better gear anyway.

Chest: Finish class campaign

Gloves: Nightfallen honoured

Shoulders: Night fallen EXALTED.

Upgrade kits are also rep gated.....and looking at all of this I can think of a dozen ways this gear and the bonuses could have been put to better use. I just dont get the logic.
01/25/2017 12:49 PMPosted by Gilloch
They are kinda crappy in comparison to WQ rewards.

You would think they would be a little stronger than what you get from clicking 10 nuts.

Yea, but Dude - those nuts are small as hell!

(waits for it...)

(waits for it...)
The set is just stupid.

It is obsolete before you can get it.
Blizzard seems to fail quite a bit with things like that. Much of the rep gear from previous expansions would be outdated by the time you get the rep to even buy it. No shock the class sets are quickly made worthless before you can even get them. The rep requirements would have been better at honored, not exalted. Some of the other requirements could have been reduced by 25-50%, too. Then there's the level limit. Blizzard was probably afraid players would just skip any gear rewards if the class hall sets acted like heirlooms. What's the point to having a quest give rewards if the class hall sets were better? Might as well just increase the gold reward from quests and have that the only reward besides the odd trinket, cape, or jewelry.

Blizzard should look at reducing how much time it takes to get the sets in 7.2 because they'll really be worthless to get then unless you really want them for transmog.
At this point in the expansion when a new character hits 110 you can do 1-2 world bosses which give high level gear, as well as the weekly bonus event (if it's Timewalking that's SUPER good for new characters) so getting gear on a new 110 is mindnumbingly easy.

The Order Hall set was essentially just a mog set even at launch.
(I'm also a little annoyed that it's the exact same model as my MoP challenge mode armor I worked so hard to get)
01/25/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Frostyclaw
01/25/2017 12:42 PMPosted by Aehl

Anyone?

Not sure why you think they are worthless. The Tier bonuses and the gear itself was a good starting point until I started replacing the gear by running dungeons. Making it higher level and just costing gold takes away from wanting to run dungeons to improve your gear.

and its decent gear for players that choose to not run dungeons at all.

just because its not suited for you doesn't mean you have to use it.

It was useful when the came was new, but with the added content since then, it has no purpose anymore. My DH alt is ilevel 875 and still hasn't gotten the shoulders, even though I already have 875 shoulders.

The set should be available entirely at 110, maybe via some quests etc. But while I am not upset as the OP is, but it would make more sense to have the gear available earlier given how easy it is to get gear overall. Given the idea of the set is to help people along, maybe scale back the requirements.
01/25/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Efreeta
15 NUTS ...
And ten squirrels.

Nerf the amount of squirrels
01/25/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Frostyclaw
Not sure why you think they are worthless.

Because the stats are awful and you get better gear shopping at the dumpster behind Goodwill.
The reputation token rewards awarded by class hall missions are account bound, so you could use them for getting a full set for alts soon after they reach 110.