Order Hall sets: what a WASTE

General Discussion
Prev 1 23 24 25 34 Next
I mean the reward was dumb, but if you do any dungeon content I see no reason why you wouldn't keep it. A mythic+ or two was all you actually needed to get it done after they buffed the drop rates.

Yeah I was stuck with two or three worthless "guilds" that didnt mind you helping them, but when you needed people to run a mythic it was "if it isnt a 10 it isnt worth it, just use the groupfinder"

I can use the groupfinder WITHOUT a guild..which is why i said goodbye.

I dont mind instances when they are fun, raids are fine, but Legion has forced (and yes I mean forced as in you cant complete crafting or any campaign without them) us into instances all the time.

I took one look at that 80 essences grind and said "NO". I still aint doing it. I miss out on some lore, maybe, thats too bad so sad..again, as is seeming to be a repeated major Legion failure..the rewards ARE NOT WORTH the effort and grind to achieve them.

If that questline had led to a legendary token, yes, maybe...but for a piece of gear that at my level is now little more than vendor trash?

Forget it.
These sets are good for transmog only... there's no way you didn't get substantially better gear from world quests and chaches before you could get all the pieces.... much missed opportunity if you ask me....
02/02/2017 06:15 PMPosted by Nebekinezzar
We won't tell your developers how to do their jobs if they stop telling us how to do ours (a.k.a. have fun). I feel like your team prioritizes its philosophies over common sense.
02/02/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Panella
02/01/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Rothulian
860 isnt very good gear. Why not 875?

What motivation would there be for anyone to run normal Nighthold if it were 875?

The other slots not covered by the 8 pieces of the set?

Besides, that will be last tier content, who cares for 7.2?
02/02/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Hrothknut

What? Source please.
01/25/2017 12:48 PMPosted by Frostyclaw
and its decent gear for players that choose to not run dungeons at all.

You're not paying attention, or something...you get better gear in world quests, which are mostly not in dungeons, so your statement makes no sense to me...
Even if the Order Hall sets unlocked at Honored reputation most players would have better items drop from Heroics, LFR or Mythic/+ before they could afford the upgrade tokens negating the usefulness of the gear.

All the gear should have been a flat 820 with a piece being unlocked after each zone and the last 3 unlocked while doing quests in Suramar before the rep gate stops the progression.

The OP is right it was a wasted piece of gameplay gated behind rep and currency requirements that made the gear obsolete before you even got it.
02/02/2017 06:22 PMPosted by Panella
02/01/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Rothulian
860 isnt very good gear. Why not 875?

What motivation would there be for anyone to run normal Nighthold if it were 875?

-The set bonuses are vastly better
-Trinkets
-Even normal (or hell LFR) can WF/TF beyond it
-The actual content of course
-Progress through normal to get into heroic

875 might be too much to be honest, but there would definitely be reasons to do normal
865 ilvl?
they were pretty good at the launch of the expac. But honestly the set bonuses aren't that big of a deal for most classes.

Since everyone and their brother now has sustain in one form or another.
>People complain that they cant obtain chellenge mode sets.
>Blizzard makes a compromise.
>People complain that they're worthless and a waste.

Honestly, this community needs to be thrown into the sea.
02/02/2017 06:47 PMPosted by Motors
02/02/2017 06:28 PMPosted by Hrothknut

What? Source please.

7.2 will be Tomb of Saregas (T20). So who cares about if garbage order hall stuff is the same ilvl as the first bosses of normal Nighthold (T19). Is that more clear?
02/02/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Hrothknut
02/02/2017 06:47 PMPosted by Motors

What? Source please.

7.2 will be Tomb of Saregas (T20). So who cares about if garbage order hall stuff is the same ilvl as the first bosses of normal Nighthold (T19). Is that more clear?

Yes, thank you.
@Ornyx thank you for communicating as always, it is appreciated!!!

just knowing that upgrades will be attainable to make the gear ilvl 860 will come in handy for alts... with maybe the gating being changed to help as well

my suggestion is simple.... change the unlocking to better associate with the Order hall quest chain .... so that ppl will have to at least put forth the effort to do there Class hall quests.which everyone Regardless of Play style / avenue would be more then capable of doing. including alts!

Thanks for your time!
The order hall set should keep up with LFR ilvl, why should anyone be asked to do that much work and spend that much resources on gear that is substantially worse than freebie stuff you can afk auto attack while watching netflix for?
If its not meant to have all pieces be useful, why does it have an 8 piece set bonus?
I can see where both sides are coming from and I think the majority of us want the same thing.

1. Starter "set" to help fill gaps and get alts ready to enter harder content if they desire. These are both the same purpose but one continues while one stops.

2. The people in favor of, while pushing against those "opposed", are missing that the other side WANTS to use the set for alts/new players/etc. Both sides WANT to use the gear for a similar purpose (with one side wanting to go into further content).

3. There has been some solutions put in that would be great for both sides. The gating/cost is a serious issue for people who want to gear alts for harder content, but not as large an issue for casual players.

I believe Blizzard wants the dungeons to remain relevant and an ungated set would somewhat make them less relevant, but not to the degree that it would affect queue times. Call to arms brings tanks/healers and dps always wants better trinket options xD. At this point in the expac, lorewise and otherwise, a readily obtainable class hall set makes sense for both style of players.

I recently leveled a pally alt to give my guild an extra tank and just went with the obliterum route because it was the most predictable way to get high enough to comfortably enter harder mythic+/raids. This was not hard and didn't cost very much gold but I felt sorrow that I could not use my class hall set.

*tldr : Both sides want to use the gear for the same purpose (starter). The only difference is one side wants to use the starter set to go further into content with the set (mythics/raids to get better gear) but cannot due to limitations like gating/resources.*
Is Ornyx just not reading anything? The upgraded set items cost THOUSANDS OF RESOURCES. A fresh 110 is going to be heavily resources starved with the hall upgrades going faster and the new ones costing tens of thousands. Why the hell would they spend thousands of resources on an item you'll replace within a couple of days once you can do WQs or mythic-0s for loot?
The problem with this gear being viable is the opportunity cost.

Even ignoring the gating requirements, for the actual items themselves you could...

1) Do 4-5 order resources reward world quests to get enough to upgrade the item

or

2) Do 1 gear reward world quest and have something just as good if not better.

Does it make sense now why this stuff is useless gear?
I hit 110 the other day and i used the Class hall set peices as vendor trash to repair my already better loot in 1 day 22hrs played my warlock is already 880 ilvl the set items defiently arent needed at all