Order Hall sets: what a WASTE

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 34 Next
Yea I used a couple of pieces for like 3 days and got upgrades between heroics and WQ. They had an interesting idea with being able to upgrade them but even if you try to upgrade them they are junk. Also the cost to upgrade them, especially as a new level 110, is pretty high since you need alot of resources to get your upgrades maxed out when you freshly hit 110.
They're transmog sets. Pure and simple. They're just too useless to be considered anything else. Admittedly it's off-putting that they have stats, but anyone that actually does anything after hitting 110 immediately gets gear better than Order Hall sets. They should really be cosmetic sets the same way WoD Garrison sets were.
Players complained about not being able to get the MoP Cmode sets, the class hall sets are basically a recoloured version of that that is accessible to everyone, I don't think that it was intended for them to ever be useful as upgrades this late in the expac, I definitely saw people using them for the first week or 2 of raiding though.
I think the whole point of these sets were simple. You get to transmog a cool looking (opinion depending on the class) set. Also when you are just starting off, some of it is useful for a short time period.

But the class hall sets were clearly Trasmog candy overall. Maybe they should have just made them for that purpose only. But I still do not see the issue.
To be completely honest here, I get the feeling that the order hall sets were designed in a vaccuum and/or before the Live version of gearing up went into effect. Basically, it was probably not originally intended that we gear up as fast as we're doing so in this expansion and these set items originally were meant to last longer. But because of the way world quests work and how Warforged/Titanforged works in the game, these sets are devalued even before you hit 110.

At the very least these sets should have been awarded for progressing your order hall in the 100-110 phase so that they would at least see some use. Having them only for transmog purposes after the fact means the time spent making and designing them was wasted.

And yes, it would be nice to have these avaialble starting at LV 100. The bonuses are so generic and non-power related (except the mainstat which is just one extra piece of gear's worth) that there's no reason not to turn these into leveling sets/expansion specific "heirlooms".
01/25/2017 08:30 PMPosted by Aldia
They're transmog sets. Pure and simple. They're just too useless to be considered anything else.

I got some use out of them. Filling in gaps for gear I didn't have. But yeah, they become pretty useless after those gaps are filled.
They were awesome getting into Heroics and such back at launch

Now?
Fancy Transmog
(You can do better...)
This armor was only ever useful for a day or two and only then if you didn't have access to crafted/oblit gear for some reason. It was either intended to be useful, in which case it was a dismal fail... or it was intended to be xmog all along. In which case.. yay?
It was an odd choice to put tier bonuses on the set and then guarantee the set would be useless by the time it was finished
it would be interesting if you could increase the item level of the order hall set
01/25/2017 08:57 PMPosted by Verbatim
it would be interesting if you could increase the item level of the order hall set

You can, up to 840. It just takes order hall resources.
More time wasted on making clunky items that have no real purpose.
01/25/2017 09:46 PMPosted by Tiapriestess
01/25/2017 08:57 PMPosted by Verbatim

You can, up to 840. It just takes order hall resources.

860 in 7.2.
01/25/2017 01:04 PMPosted by Aehl
I am not upset (and BTW Mvura, , ignored), I can just see how they had far more potential than they were used for.

The set bonuses alone make for perfect levelling gear, but it was gated to 110. Makes no sense. They could have been far far more useful in the long run.

Wrists: must get 6 champions for Order Hall

Leggings: finish 8 dungeons, by which time the gear from the instances makes this piece useless anyway.

Boots: Reach REVERED with two reputations? By that time you've done dozens of world quests and will hav e better gear anyway.

Chest: Finish class campaign

Gloves: Nightfallen honoured

Shoulders: Night fallen EXALTED.

Upgrade kits are also rep gated.....and looking at all of this I can think of a dozen ways this gear and the bonuses could have been put to better use. I just dont get the logic.

You're looking at the order hall set completely wrong.
-They're slot fillers if your luck is bad.
-They give players access to the Pandaria CM skins.
Nothing more, nothing less.If you want good gear, do other content.
01/25/2017 01:14 PMPosted by Arraegath

The set should be available entirely at 110, maybe via some quests etc. But while I am not upset as the OP is, but it would make more sense to have the gear available earlier given how easy it is to get gear overall. Given the idea of the set is to help people along, maybe scale back the requirements.

I like this actually - maybe instead of putting this stuff on the vendor in the hall, each piece could've been the final/most decent piece awarded from a pve questline or something. So you could be picking it up while you level and get a little celebration animation like they do for artifacts, ships, buildings, etcetera. And maybe the vendor in the hall could just do the upgrades like the other guy has the magic book to upgrade your weapons.

Since we're way too late for game redesign stuff, maybe Blizzard can at least lower the order hall resource costs for the upgrades at least. That 20k OR one at the end seems way overpriced compared to what I see on the AH for obliterum and items that can be augmented with obliterum. Looks like Obliterum stuff can go from 815 to 865 for about 28k gold on our server. Compared to the class hall gear going from 810 to 840 for 21.5k OR... Unless I'm misremembering the OR price. I'm still OR poor though for being late to the game.

PS> Anyone spend 150 OR to do those champion quests that award 128 gold? Is it like when you spent that 30 minutes killing stuff in northshire and you got enough copper to buy a piece from the guy in the smithy at goldshire? What's 128 gold in Legion? 128 gold is stuck in the tread of my left boot here...
Yeah, this set turned out to be as useful as a poop flavored lollipop.
Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback so far on this set. I've passed it along to development team, and I've got a couple of things to share here.

With the launch of 7.2, the opening quest for Broken Shore, along with various Broken Shore World Quests, will reward tokens to upgrade your Class Order Set to item level 860.

It's worth noting that the intention with this set is more on the introductory side, with the aim of helping folks get geared up for content, rather than being a sole "end" set for any particular style of play.

If you're the kind of player who only does World Quests and World Bosses, this upgrade should help complement your armor roster, and may provide a few pieces of gear for you. If you're leveling alts, this upgrade will provide a good way to boost your character's item level once you hit 110 and jump into 7.2 content.

Let us know if you have any feedback or questions on this!
02/01/2017 02:41 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

Thanks for your feedback so far on this set. I've passed it along to development team, and I've got a couple of things to share here.

With the launch of 7.2, the opening quest for Broken Shore, along with various Broken Shore World Quests, will reward tokens to upgrade your Class Order Set to item level 860.

It's worth noting that the intention with this set is more on the introductory side, with the aim of helping folks get geared up for content, rather than being a sole "end" set for any particular style of play.

If you're the kind of player who only does World Quests and World Bosses, this upgrade should help complement your armor roster, and may provide a few pieces of gear for you. If you're leveling alts, this upgrade will provide a good way to boost your character's item level once you hit 110 and jump into 7.2 content.

Awesome!

You are the hero we need!
02/01/2017 02:41 PMPosted by Ornyx
Hey all,

I mean, some of the unlock requirements are just a bit extreme. Nightfallen exalted for the shoulders? By the time I had the shoulders unlocked, I had better gear from regular Mythic dungeons. Maybe consider toning it down so it can help Alts/new players, but still not be OP for most players.
860 isnt very good gear. Why not 875?