I miss demo's Warlock Metamorphis

General Discussion
I mean that was the move that made everyone want to play a demonology warlock.

Sure we have a move that gives use the same model but for 3 seconds. I mean they gave it to demon hunters and forgot about the warlocks.

I mean it would be a good rival demon hunter demon form vs Warlock demon form

Ugh so what if 2 classes have metamorphosis

Warlock's metamorphosis was better anyways

Sure we can get a pet version but it's not the same
that's why i'm against the idea of more classes.

every time they make a new class they take something from other classes cause they aren't creative enough to just make up new spells.

there's a million spells to choose from but nope, they gotta take something from an already very limited pool of spells.
You mean the ability you stole from illidan that should have never been yours in the first place?
01/26/2017 08:02 AMPosted by Zanjin
You mean the ability you stole from illidan that should have never been yours in the first place?

It's another one of these threads where Warlocks complain about not having an ability that shouldn't have been theirs to begin with. The move from Lock to DH was perfect for Metamorphosis, and it's a lore conscious move I wish Blizzard would do more often.
01/26/2017 08:07 AMPosted by Aldmanton

It's another one of these threads where Warlocks complain about not having an ability that shouldn't have been theirs to begin with. The move from Lock to DH was perfect for Metamorphosis, and it's a lore conscious move I wish Blizzard would do more often.

Metamorphosis was our signature move, demon hunters don't even need it, they are already in demon form

Illidian just gets shadowy not all big bulky and demonic
I never did understand why they didn't just let Warlocks keep theirs, ours is so distinctly different that it's not like it even hurts anything aesthetically. QQ class fantasy.
01/26/2017 08:09 AMPosted by Vikctoria
Metamorphosis was our signature move, demon hunters don't even need it, they are already in demon form
demonology warlocks didn't even get it lorewise until Kanrethad Ebonlocke broke into the black temple and studied illidan's spell books and stuff and watched the fight he had against us. demon form would imply an actual transformation rather than we just have some horns growing out of us.

seriously, demon hunters had metamorphosis since WC3 and warlocks didn't get it till like cataclysm or something. they honestly never should have had it for demonology to begin with, that spec was always originally about summoning and controlling the bigger and badder demons not becoming one.

01/26/2017 07:58 AMPosted by Daralyyia
Warlock's metamorphosis was better anyways
not really, warlock meta just changed some spells around exactly like DH meta does, only difference is that it wasn't a long CD and was tied to how well you could manage a deteriorating resource.
Next thing they will implement a new class using curses.

FFS

But it was

for over 10 years.

It's pretty much as much a warlock thing as it is a DH thing now.
I played a demo lock because of Dark Apotheosis, actually, and my hopes that it'd help locks transition from pures to tank hybrids.

Of course, that didn't last long. And neither did Meta, I guess.
They removed it because class fantasy rather than the fun factor. So stupid. Gives warlocks meta back, but let us keep ours. They're both uniquely different and used in different situations.
01/26/2017 08:26 AMPosted by Baymidan
They removed it because class fantasy rather than the fun factor. So stupid. Gives warlocks meta back, but let us keep ours. They're both uniquely different and used in different situations.

Agreed
I don't even play warlocks but im sad about what they did. The fact that demo warlocks had a really cool system of going in an out of it to maximise dps, and skills changed in it was nice.

They removed it to give demon hunters a flat dmg cd. Really uninspiring and against 'class fantasy' imo
I would rather have the dark apothesis wings back then full meta tbh.
Always found that purple Illidan model ugly.
01/26/2017 08:34 AMPosted by Faultypally
I don't even play warlocks but im sad about what they did. The fact that demo warlocks had a really cool system of going in an out of it to maximise dps, and skills changed in it was nice.

They removed it to give demon hunters a flat dmg cd. Really uninspiring and against 'class fantasy' imo

I was pretty mad that they took an interesting mechanic and turned it into a dps cd.

What a shame.
My Warlock was Demo from day one, it was hella fun to play. The new Demo is horrid and I could not hate it more. Just love how blizz radically changes a class and totally ruins it not giving any damns how many players it Fs over.
I hated demo when they started to focused on meta.

I like the summoner idea way better
01/26/2017 08:41 AMPosted by Zanjin
I hated demo when they started to focused on meta.

I like the summoner idea way better

I like the idea too.

But in practice its not good.