So many WTS groups

General Discussion
There are literally more people advertising their WTS heroic Nighthold etc websites in group finder than there are legit groups looking for people to actually play the game with. I saw one selling nightbane runs for $150 USD a pop. Is this something people actually do? Pay real money to be carried? Whats even the point in playing the game then? I assume this is against the ToS and should probably be addressed :/
02/23/2017 09:09 AMPosted by Alaeis
There are literally more people advertising their WTS heroic Nighthold etc websites in group finder than there are legit groups looking for people to actually play the game with. I saw one selling nightbane runs for $150 USD a pop. Is this something people actually do? Pay real money to be carried? Whats even the point in playing the game then? I assume this is against the ToS and should probably be addressed :/

They switched to PGF, because it bypasses spam filters/blockers that blocked that spam in global chat channels.
Here how raiding works for *some ppl

First week : "Lfm link Aotc Tov for invite"
Second week : "Lfm link Aotc Guldan for invite"
Third week : "Lfm 905+ an Aotc Guldan for invite"
Fourth week : "Lfm 905+ and Cutting edge Guldan for invite"

Fifth week :

WTS heroic Nighthold

^True story

Some people actually do do that. Me I just make friends and the odd time actually gear up my toons to do the content myself.
It's a huge turnoff to see that in the game. Every time I go to group finder at least half the groups are WTS.
I just don't understand the mentality of it. You wouldn't buy a console game then pay someone else to play it for you... It's basically the same thing here.

I understand it a bit more for mounts but I would never, ever, trust some random stranger with that much money or even $20 even if I wanted it really bad. It's kinda pathetic.
02/23/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Roxette

Some people actually do do that. Me I just make friends and the odd time actually gear up my toons to do the content myself.

Doesn't mean we cannot address the problem of so much spam being advertised in PGF from hacked accounts.
I hate that they are trying to avoid bans by directing you to a website or Skype for this. I really wish they would just go through and ban these people for trying to hide the ToS violating activities.
Pay real money to be carried?

Some people have so much money that if they just want to get it done ASAP, they'll pay for it.

Still, what really irks me is that Blizzard removed the option to report said groups. I can no longer report them for cheating, only for "offensive", but that's the wrong category.

I think it's fair to assume that they no longer care about this and that it's pretty much acceptable to sell in-game things for off-game currency. Well, it's what Blizzard themselves have been doing since they added the Token, after all.
02/23/2017 09:41 AMPosted by Nazgabank
I hate that they are trying to avoid bans by directing you to a website or Skype for this. I really wish they would just go through and ban these people for trying to hide the ToS violating activities.

Blizzard wouldn't ban them anyway, they might suspend them though. Getting an actual ban (account closure) is very rare anymore.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20043676375?page=2#24
I think it would be funny if Blizz sent some people undercover to buy carries for real money then banned the people carrying.
02/23/2017 09:46 AMPosted by Hazzir
I think it would be funny if Blizz sent some people undercover to buy carries for real money then banned the people carrying.

I'd take that job
02/23/2017 09:47 AMPosted by Alaeis
02/23/2017 09:46 AMPosted by Hazzir

I'd take that job

Me too.

Keep reporting for now. I hope there are some changes to the PGF coming down the pipes that will help curb the spam. If you watch some of the recent ads, most of them have a bit of random text at the end that literally updates every few seconds to try to keep bumping the group back to the top of the list.
IP address ban would be ideal, so they can't just log in to another account and do the same thing. Not sure if it's even possible for Blizz to do that though.

in LFG , right click report the group, use "Offensive name" to report it.

Blizzard will investigate and remove them. Advertisement spikes seem to happen every few days since they get removed by the GMs over time.
02/23/2017 09:37 AMPosted by Supercell
02/23/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Roxette

Doesn't mean we cannot address the problem of so much spam being advertised in PGF from hacked accounts.

I was just answering their question about whether people actually do do that, i.e. pay real money for carries.

Not sure how you arrived at the conclusion I was saying you shouldn't try to address it. There is a report feature, just report it.