How much gold will wow tokens be

General Discussion
02/06/2017 11:13 PMPosted by Bobblezndotz
02/06/2017 10:45 PMPosted by Rockburn
Unless they remove the limit of tokens you can buy, people will max out and be unable to buy anymore for 24 months. Plenty of time for the prices to drop way down again.

umm no tokens = no supply = higher price.

your thinking is backwards.

People selling tokens have no limit. People buying tokens have a limit. His thinking was correct.
02/07/2017 08:08 AMPosted by Sorelai
02/06/2017 11:13 PMPosted by Bobblezndotz

umm no tokens = no supply = higher price.

your thinking is backwards.

People selling tokens have no limit. People buying tokens have a limit. His thinking was correct.

theres a limit you can buy from the store for cash, so yes ppl selling tokens have a cap.

what exact limit is set on ppl that buy them from the ah?

people that need to spend money for gold are limited. since gold is so easy and theres very little in game to buy from it. so once the minority of ppl posting tokens on the ah caps their spending then supply falls even lower. demand is a constant due to sub. but with the new bnet currency demand has geatly overtaken supply. and like i said supply is capped.

the higher the price gets the more ppl decide that amount of gold is worth $20, but until then tokens are very limited
I think somewhere around the 150k mark is where people will actually want to spend real money on them, and people in game will start to taper off on who wants to spend that much gold on them.

After the dust settles with this, I think it'll stay around 100k for a token, which to me isn't a bad deal for b.net currency.
02/07/2017 11:14 AMPosted by Bobblezndotz
36 tokens per bnet acct over 24 months. Basically if you have two accounts on the same bnet, you can only purchase 1.5 years of gametime.

So there's a cap on demand too.
02/07/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Mystberry
02/07/2017 11:14 AMPosted by Bobblezndotz
36 tokens per bnet acct over 24 months. Basically if you have two accounts on the same bnet, you can only purchase 1.5 years of gametime.

Now that you can purchase services and other games and their services that isn't true.
Well US price peaked at 115k before the first downward turn. I expect ping-ponging for a week or so and the price to stabilize probably somewhere a little over 100k.
02/07/2017 11:24 AMPosted by Monday
...36 tokens per bnet acct over 24 months. Basically if you have two accounts on the same bnet, you can only purchase 1.5 years of gametime.

Now that you can purchase services and other games and their services that isn't true.
Where do you see they lifted the limit? It's not mentioned here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20542016/trade-a-wow-token-for-battle-net-balance
02/07/2017 11:24 AMPosted by Monday
...36 tokens per bnet acct over 24 months. Basically if you have two accounts on the same bnet, you can only purchase 1.5 years of gametime.

Correct, the reason for the inflation is that the "cap" on the demand was raised through the roof. its almost like saying you can use monopoly money to buy irl items as long as it is from the bnet store.
They're already stabilizing at around 110k(ish) according to https://wowtoken.info/

I'm guessing that they'll drop a little more and stabilize around 90-100k on average after a few more days.
02/06/2017 11:19 PMPosted by Hsing
I believe the cap is $350. I was at $345 and couldn't use another token.

If you are not using a Battle.net Authenticator, you will be limited to a specific balance.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/Battle-net-Balance-Restrictions
I think the tokens are becoming more appealing to purchase as the gold value goes up. So people who wouldn't typically buy them with cash are now considering it a better deal. I know a few people who have bought them and said that 60k isn't worth it but at 100k they'd be happy to buy a couple.
For me I think it'd have to get to an absurd price like 250-300k before I'd buy one, I've never bought one before but for that amount sure have 20$.
Since the demand has gotten so high it's only a matter of time before the supply meets that demand.
02/07/2017 11:33 AMPosted by Mystberry
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Where do you see they lifted the limit? It's not mentioned here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20542016/trade-a-wow-token-for-battle-net-balance

If you look at the "WoW Token FAQ" you'd notice that they still have a limit of 10 purchases from the Shop per week and a limit of 10 or either token in inventory at one time, but no limit of how many you can buy other than that.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7466
This FAQ was updated yesterday.