Yay Token price back up!

General Discussion
It's good that the token reached 100k for 20$. That's exactly what the gold selling websites sell it for. If it gets a little higher, people might actually stop buying gold.
Glad I bought a few when they dropped back to 60k for awhile.
02/11/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Drudkh
02/11/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Shtanky

your logic sucks.

lol @ spending money on alcohol
lol @ spending money on drugs
lol @ spending money at church
lol @ spending money gambling
lol @ spending money on anything other than taxes or bills

I don't even buy tokens for gold but I've seen this argument a lot recently and it is the worst.

All those things are actually something.

Do you know why people spend gold on tokens? Because gold is nothing.

You must have a lot of free time on your hands, since you don't realize that selling tokens frees up TIME to do other things other then farm gold.

At $35 an hour I can work one hour, and sell 2 tokens now roughly = to 200k gold. I don't even flinch.
02/11/2017 08:47 AMPosted by Boreal
At $35 an hour

Holy hell, I'm a radiologist and my salary will be $5 an hour(Working for free hoping to be hired, 3 years and counting).
Its time to leave wow this its getting way to messy.
02/11/2017 09:03 AMPosted by Schadenfrude
At $35 an hour

Holy hell, I'm a radiologist and my salary will be $5 an hour(Working for free hoping to be hired, 3 years and counting).

It took me a lot of time and learning to finally get a job that puts me ahead financially, I worked for next to nothing FOREVER. Keep at it though! Perseverance is the only way to get the check you are happy with <3

Edit: Actually, barring coming from wealth... Perseverance is the only way to get anything you want in this world imo.
02/11/2017 06:33 AMPosted by Snowlîly
Meh, it'll go back down. I know I won't be buying any until it does anyway.

exactly!!!

cheaper they are the better chance they'll sell.

No matter how you got it you had to invest time into gold making. If you think farming mats, crafting, playing the auction house, or selling carries are free then your time must be valued at nothing.
I wish I could have sold rubies from the original zelda when I was a kid...
02/11/2017 06:12 AMPosted by Kamiski
Blizzard is a greedy company for increasing the cost of game time token so much!

Oh look another person who has yet to grasp the concept of how things work and makes a dumb post showing how very wrong they are.
These people screaming "logic" I can almost guarantee have NEVER taken a logic course. I could point out exactly where their logic is absolutely flawed, but the trouble with that is you actually have to understand how logic works before they could even understand it. If you don't even know the definition of "syllogism", please for the love of sanity, don't try to use your "logic" to prove your point or disprove others'. Meanwhile, back at the camp.......

The price is set by Blizz, they have already stated so.

NONE of us know exactly how.

They could just as easily have a guy whose sole purpose is to set it. The market is absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt manipulated. If it wasn't, it would be a free and open bid system. I buy a token, set any price I want, then let people bid on it to see the price it commands.

How can sheople be so naive in this day and age as to BLINDLY accept the word of a multi-national conglomerate??

Because we all know how HONEST Blizz has been in the past. (True for any multi Billion Corp.)

The examples stated earlier were all TANGIBLE items. (Church, wine, gambling, drugs, etc). The opposed view was that the gold was virtual, which means it technically does not exist in the real world, it's just an idea. Which, by the way, is absolutely true. The real conflict, even though niether side even realized it was, what value do virtual goods have or have not, over real goods. Well, I'll leave that to another debate.

But go ahead and whine and cry about all of it, just like a little kid that hears something he does not want to hear.

Unless you are a Bizz employee on the inside with access to actual data on sales, we can never be sure.

From a business perspective, it makes more financial sense to set the price manually. The higher a token brings in game-gold, the more attractive it becomes to sell for RL money.

You will NEVER know how many tokens got sold.
You will never know how many tokens got purchased.
You will never know how many tokens were bought and used for game time.
You will never know how many tokens were bought and used for B.net cash.

It's all speculation, and we are all slaves to whatever codtwat Blizz tries to tell us.

It's a new gaming generation now, including the makers and the players, and the token system is what it is, and strictly controlled by Blizz, not the players, whether we like it/don't like it/ agree with it, or disagree with it.

But above all, in the end, after everything is added up..........

It's nothing but a game. (In more ways than one.)

PS: $35/hr? Oh pls. While posting on a lvl 1....... Grow a set and come back when you don't have to hide behind a forum clown.
It doesn't bother me, I'll never give any real money for in-game gold.
no pls, my disability and having no job, I can't afford to play this game anymore.

LUL
02/11/2017 06:21 AMPosted by Valgarock
Blizzard is a greedy company for increasing the cost of game time token so much!

Says the person who doesn't know how the system works. Prices are set by a supply and demand formula. The players set the price.

I wanted to upvote him just because he trolled you good.
02/11/2017 06:21 AMPosted by Valgarock

Says the person who doesn't know how the system works. Prices are set by a supply and demand formula. The players set the price.

Do you have any actual evidence of that? Let me tell you the answer: no.

The cost-setting method is 100% secret. All trades are between a player and Blizzard. There is no visible list of posted tokens (unlike everything else on the AH). Blizzard promised to set prices based on supply and demand factors. They never said it would be a "supply and demand formula".

Also, with rare exceptions, prices do not change every minute, as they would with true supply and demand.

I have no problem with this week's higher prices, or any other past price increases.
Tokenz go up, tokenz go down, tokenz go up, tokenz go down....
02/11/2017 06:33 AMPosted by Snowlîly
Meh, it'll go back down. I know I won't be buying any until it does anyway.

Looks like the instant this thread was posted, price started dropping and has been dropping at maximum speed for several hours now. Oops!

You must have a lot of free time on your hands, since you don't realize that selling tokens frees up TIME to do other things other then farm gold.

At $35 an hour I can work one hour, and sell 2 tokens now roughly = to 200k gold. I don't even flinch.

And the 200k is what exactly? My point, it's nothing. What do you spend the 200k on? There is nothing, it's all nothing. I pay for this game by playing this game, and the next expansion will be free as well, all by playing. That is something.
Crap

78,110g

I was just about to buy two, for forty bucks.