7.2 PTR General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Well met! The upcoming PTR build that will be deployed this week will contain an almost-data-complete version of the Transmog Sets feature. We're still ironing out a good number of bugs (mostly relating to which items are displayed in any particular set), but by and large we feel like it's feature complete for 7.2. We're not going to add any more sets right now but we can always add more in the future.

There is some time to do small modifications based on feedback, so we'd like to hear what you think about it in this thread! Log on to the PTR and visit the Sets tab in the upper left of the Appearances tab (Shift+P). You will see many sets for your class that you can collect! All of this data is based on what is in your transmog library, and the usual rules about what you can and can't collect apply here too. We also added some achievements and a title!

Any bugs (especially those related to specific sets) should be reported in the bug report forum, but thoughts and feelings should be posted here. Post asking for specific appearances to be added, or discussing general transmog changes not related to sets, or not talking about this feature in general, will be deleted.

Thanks!
Thanks Zugsworth, will Re-DL the PTR and check it out as soon as I can. :D
Call me nervous, but the transition from the current transmog system to the one that includes the sets feature shouldn't affect what appearances we have collected, just how they are presented to us, right? I logged on to the PTR a few days ago, copied over this character, and realized that the entirety of the Absolution set was missing from my appearance collection except for the belt, which was sitting in void storage.

That's just a peculiarity with character copies to the PTR, and I shouldn't worry that a glitch in the 7.2 rollout will have me trudging through Hyjal to collect Absolution again, right?
02/14/2017 02:25 PMPosted by Bidwell
Call me nervous, but the transition from the current transmog system to the one that includes the sets feature shouldn't affect what appearances we have collected, just how they are presented to us, right? I logged on to the PTR a few days ago, copied over this character, and realized that the entirety of the Absolution set was missing from my appearance collection except for the belt, which was sitting in void storage.

That's just a peculiarity with character copies to the PTR, and I shouldn't worry that a glitch in the 7.2 rollout will have me trudging through Hyjal to collect Absolution again, right?

Is it known that the transmog we have collected on Live maybe won't be on PTR.
I don't have room to install the PTR on my machine, but I have some questions about the collection system changes.

Namely, will we be able to pick and choose our own quest rewards again?

There has been a huge problem with the quest gear reward system since Mists of Pandaria, and recently applied to all questing content in 7.0. Using cloth gear as an example.

I really miss being able to pick up cloth gear for my non-clothies ( or leather, mail, etc ) on RP realms because a lot of the more recently designed quest rewards make good-looking RP sets.

However, since 7.0, we haven't been able to do this and it really hurts our ability to customize our characters.

No, wearing cloth is not a good idea for a warrior to wear in combat, but I see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to pick cloth or leather or mail gear for my plate wearers if I want the look.

I don't like be auto-assigned plate just because I'm playing a plate-wearer. In this day and age when heirlooms scale up to 100, there is almost no situation where quest rewards are an upgrade anyway - so why can't we choose which armor type we get?

What's wrong with having the option of nice-looking rewards that don't impact our character power?

Correct. When you copy a character to the PTR, account-level collections including pets, mounts, and transmog library, are not updated. No changes will be made to your library when this rolls out on live servers.
02/14/2017 01:44 PMPosted by Zugsworth
We're not going to add any more sets right now but we can always add more in the future.

Please consider adding in the crafted sets. It is tedious to have to search e.g. "Savage Saronite" in eight different slots to figure out which pieces I have left to craft and equip to complete the appearance.

Like these tier sets you have added, it should a relatively easy addition (search the item database for anything player-crafted that has a set bonus).

Alternately, consider giving us a way to search and have that show results for all gear slots. If we find a piece of gear and go "gee l like the color of that" it would be nice to be able to find matching pieces in one place.
02/14/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Zugsworth

Correct. When you copy a character to the PTR, account-level collections including pets, mounts, and transmog library, are not updated. No changes will be made to your library when this rolls out on live servers.

Spectacular, my fears are assuaged.
Any updates on missing set pieces from previous raids (e.g. Firelands plate waists, ICC Death Knight boots/waists, etc?)
02/14/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Ikhj
Any updates on missing set pieces from previous raids (e.g. Firelands plate waists, ICC Death Knight boots/waists, etc?)

We are adding them for PVP sets, but only because 1) the total number missing is much smaller than PVE, 2) the item names are consistent and predictable, and 3) the rest of the items are all on vendors already, and we're using the new items to fill out ensembles.

We are not adding any items for PVE sets at this time. The scope of items that we need to add is far too large for us to take on in the time we have allotted to finish 7.2 -- it is much more than a full raid tier's worth of items on its own. This has been a great chance to thoroughly audit what is missing from the game, and we'll be adding these items in small chunks in future content releases to complete various sets.
02/14/2017 04:35 PMPosted by Zugsworth
02/14/2017 03:32 PMPosted by Ikhj

We are adding them for PVP sets, but only because 1) the total number missing is much smaller than PVE, 2) the item names are consistent and predictable, and 3) the rest of the items are all on vendors already, and we're using the new items to fill out ensembles.

We are not adding any items for PVE sets at this time. The scope of items that we need to add is far too large for us to take on in the time we have allotted to finish 7.2 -- it is much more than a full raid tier's worth of items on its own. This has been a great chance to thoroughly audit what is missing from the game, and we'll be adding these items in small chunks in future content releases to complete various sets.
Sorry, I was referring to the few pieces of gear that were missing from the loot tables in previous expansions. For example, ilvl264 T10 DK Sanctified Scourgelord's boots/waist, and ilvl391 T12 Heroic Paladin Immolation waist.

These specific items are needed to complete the set, were datamined, but never made it to live. It would be nice for these specific off pieces to be put into the game so we can complete our looks rather than having to use another awkward looking offpiece that doesn't match the set.
The Wrath of the Lich King pvp sets has a lot of matching belts and boots missing for them artwise.

Just as an example, the Death Knight pvp sets from that expansion are missing these said pieces. The Savage, Hateful, Deadly, Relentless, and Wrathful Gladiator's Desecration sets are missing their matching boots and belts.

Currently the Wrathful Gladiator's Desecration set on the set tab is using the warrior boots, and doesnt match. At all.