Solution to high token price

General Discussion
Raise the price of all your crafted stuff.

Pots were 800g, now they should be 1600g. Inflation works both ways.
Or wait a few days.

Nah silly me. That's too smart and simple for people.
02/06/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Alesen
Or wait a few days.

Meh, Im just gonna try to make gold while I can.

=)
solution implies there's a problem.

there's no problem.

get over it.
02/06/2017 07:40 PMPosted by Tarirn

Supply and demand. Have the prices/demand for crafted items changed? Good luck charging more for them.
02/06/2017 07:43 PMPosted by Deathchix
solution implies there's a problem.

there's no problem.

get over it.

it's not inflation tho it's supply vs demand. you try and sell potions for 1600g and nobody will buy them because the demand doesn't support that price. Market mechanics 101.
A better solution would be to have more things in game that cost gold.

Then people would be more likely to pay 20 bucks for the token, to exchange that for gold.

Currently the only things I see are the mounts I don't have yet, which are sold on the AH.

I'd buy more tokens if I could exchange them for flying ability in Legion (as in gold, as another way to get that if the user elected to do so.)

I'd be more apt to buy more tokens if I could bypass some of the gated group/raid content so I'd have more fun in the game. OK, so those guys can get a falcosaur mount that way. How about let me get a falcosaur mount for 200 K gold? It would be worth 40 bucks to me.

The token system is a good idea, but they don't have enough stuff in game which costs gold. The spider mount is priced insanely, so it doesn't really count.

Its a much better idea for them to sell stuff, at a gold price as an alternative, than it is to say people should raise the price of stuff they sell on the AH. That would be counter productive.

For example, if mounts on the AH raised greatly in price then I'd not be as apt to buy wow tokens with cash; The wow token for cash becomes attractive, at 100 K plus, if the mounts on the AH stay about the same price. If people selling the mounts raise the price a lot, so they can pay for more of their Wow subscription price, than I'm less able to spend 20 bucks on a token.
Sell your flasks at1.6k I'll just sell mine at 1.1k and sell hundreds of them.

Thanks for the business pal
I feel like telling the free market to get out there and free market is.. uh.. well.. I feel like the free market is kinda proactive about that already.

except its supply and demand not inflation . go read a book on Economics
i have like 2 tokens in my bags. i think ill wait now for the price to stabilize no point playing "Fastest fingers first"
Having the gold to buy a token doesn't solve the problems of no tokens being available to buy with the gold.
02/07/2017 02:13 AMPosted by Kybeorie
I'd be more apt to buy more tokens if I could bypass some of the gated group/raid content so I'd have more fun in the game. OK, so those guys can get a falcosaur mount that way. How about let me get a falcosaur mount for 200 K gold? It would be worth 40 bucks to me.

You'd pay 40 bucks to avoid spending half an hour in LFR? Wow, I knew LFR had its detractors but I had no idea anyway hated it that much.
02/06/2017 07:42 PMPosted by Alesen
Or wait a few days.

The time difference between the price of tokens going up and down is very different, It could take months for the price of tokens to drop as long as some are selling at a steady rate.

If players were smart they would stop fighting over the tokens as soon as one is posted on their server and as a collective just stop buying them all together for a day or so to force the price to tank when thousands go up for sale and none sell. Everyone still gets the tokens but at a far lower price
Or just lower the token price to 15$.

Blizzard should stay true to their 15$/month plan.
02/07/2017 02:49 AMPosted by Sulakin

except its supply and demand not inflation . go read a book on Economics

The issue is he is not wrong this is what will happen, With the tokens being region wide pricing and not server based the lower pop servers that have a far lower gold per player average will screw over the whole server economy with players now spiking prices on everything to try and be able to afford a token.

I have already seen it on my server prices for some mats have almost doubled be it coincidence or due to the rise in token price I clearly cannot say however depending on the % of a server pop that depends on wow tokens to play the game inflation will be a thing that happens on some servers
02/07/2017 03:43 AMPosted by Rautha
Or just lower the token price to 15$.

Blizzard should stay true to their 15$/month plan.

They are staying true to their $15/month plan. It's what I use to maintain my subscription.
Why do people think there needs to be a solution?

Tokens are not designed to be purchased by everyone. In fact, Blizzard made that perfectly clear from the beginning. The token was created to do two things. Give gold to those who had money but no time to farm gold, and give game time to people who had time to farm gold, but little to no money to spend.

Everyone was told by Blizzard, that the prices would fluctuate based on supply and demand. That's what we're seeing here. Demand is going up, not the supply, which means the prices are going to go up for a while, then settle back down shortly after.

I'd recommend that instead of complaining, people learn to use both sources. Tokens and subscription fees. If you've got the gold for a token, get one and use it. If you don't? Pay $15 and save up more gold so you can. Simple as that.
Yes, that worked well for the D3 RMAH/AH, now didn't it?