I'm out. Here is my 101 cents.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Hi guys/gals,

This is not an Ogre thread. Instead this is a "I'm out" thread, and I got some things I want to say to Blizzard and to the community.

I have spent a good amount of time with WoW.
https://ibb.co/mdTSbF
That long to be exact.

You will also notice my 101 cent balance. I leave that with you as payment for my long winded post.

I have no ill-will nor malice to spew about the game nor the company. I have spent a good portion of my life using WoW as a hobby. Downplaying the game would actually be downplaying a significant part of my life and that feels less that honest. WoW's foundation of a game has brought me much happiness through the years.

I will however point out why I'm leaving. I'm leaving because things change.

My life changed back in Wrath of the Lich King. Priorities change. Life gets real and in-game loot or achievement points do not put food on the table. I cut back drastically. I could no longer raid. I can not (in in this sense could not) afford to schedule a specific amount of time to spending online. I have kept playing and most importantly paying for a subscription for 4 reasons.

1. Pure enjoyment of spending time with long time friends in guild.

2. Doing casual pvp.

3. The idea of individualism and character development.

4. I actually really enjoy the forums :)

I'll address each in order.

Over time the friends change. People come and go, becoming social with new players has become increasingly difficult for me. I no longer participate in group activities so there is lack of a reason for a new guild raider and I to connect on much, besides civil pleasantries.

I feel as though the changes (pruning) of classes and the changes to the pvp system (templates, rng reward system) no longer made pvp enjoyable at all for a very casual player such as myself. I understand why the system was implemented. It was implemented to make pvp more accessible to the masses. However it took my casual pvp gearing goals away. I played Holy Priest in pvp in MoP. That got changed. Recently my joy of playing my prot warrior in pvp has been significantly changed...and that my friends has always been my single greatest pleasurable experience in WoW.

I feel as though individualism is no longer a part of what WoW is. I feel like the joy of playing something just because "I like it" is gone. I play something because it fills a hole somewhere. I am expected to be competent to fill that hole and being competent in large part is choosing best gear, having the ideal spec and a specific rotation down. If I walk into any city I can go player to player and virtually see copies of the same character with a different name. If you are something else, you can expect to be ridiculed at some point by a community that largely believes in the min/max mentality.

Lastly I want to touch base on these forums. I like it here. This forum is actually filled to the brim with good people, it just so happens the bad ones are usually the loudest. I have posted or lurked on the forums since the beginning and have always seen it as another aspect of the game in some weird way. I also want to say thanks to the Blizzard forum staff. I have been perma-banned three times from the forums. You could say I was "keeping it real" on the forums, but much like Dave Chappelle's skits, sometimes keeping it real goes wrong. Anyways the first ban was removed when Blizzard changed their website over and none of the bans followed. The next two times I successfully petitioned the forum people to review my case and reactivate, usually including some horrible image of my character with the Warlords of Draenor Picture or some such silliness. I appreciate that you guys (Blizzard) took the time to review my history and allow me to post and hopefully contribute something to the forums...

...mainly my love of Ogres and hopefully making people laugh a bit occasionally.

At the end of the day, out of the 4 things I listed only my ability to use the forums really appeals to me, and not enough to maintain a $15 a month subscription.

So I'm off, I purchased my 6 months of ESO+ and I've been enjoying my solo casual time over there. Maybe because it's new and exciting...maybe there's more to it.

Will I be back someday? I kinda doubt it unless we get Playable Ogres, and I would just feel obligated to buy the game just because I've pushed for them so hard.

I'm out. Much <3

p.s. I dont really hate you Blood Elves. I actually have one that has a fantastic transmog.
Lastly I want to touch base on the forums. I like it here. This forum is actually filled to the brim with good people. I have posted or lurked on the forums since the beginning and have always seen it as another aspect of the game in some weird way. I also want to say thanks to the Blizzard forum staff. I have been perma-banned three times from the forums. The first was removed when Blizzard changed their website over and none of the bans followed. The next two times I successfully petitioned the forum people to review my case and reactivate, usually including some horrible image of my character with the Warlords of Draenor crew or some such silliness. I appreciate that you guys (Blizzard) took the time to review my history and allow me to post and hopefully contribute something to the forums.

This is one of the more intelligent things I've read on the forums.
02/21/2017 09:26 PMPosted by Rickflairwoo
This forum is actually filled to the brim with good people.

Awww, thanks, you're okay too, guy.
I feel you on many of the points you made and I couldn't disagree with any of it. I started ESO about a week ago and so far it is a great game with a great story so far. Take care.
Enjoyed reading your posts. Be safe out there.
To me this seems like a thread that says " I am not good enough to get ahead" so you blame everything else... WE ALL can't be top players... And some of you who are ALWAYS at he bottom, come up with something that sounds smart... to justify it...

Fine... Be Out... we can live without you...
I...I'm actually going to miss you. You've brought something unique to these forums. May you have many adventures and lots of fun in Tamriel.
02/21/2017 09:49 PMPosted by Darkbum
To me this seems like a thread that says " I am not good enough to get ahead" so you blame everything else... WE ALL can't be top players... And some of you who are ALWAYS at he bottom, come up with something that sounds smart... to justify it...

Fine... Be Out... we can live without you...

What the... where at all did he say anything like what you're suggesting? Did you read any of his post at all?
Goddammit, don't leave... without sending this Goblin your stuff :P

Safe travels, Rick.
I'll miss your Ogre posts :(

Hopefully if you ever come back, you'll have the pleasant surprise in finding the option of being an Ogre on the character creation screen :)
Oh, no. Rickflairwoo won't be around anymore? Whatever shall we do?
02/21/2017 09:26 PMPosted by Rickflairwoo
p.s. I dont really hate you Blood Elves. I actually have one that has a fantastic transmog.

I knew it! I knew it all along!

Rickflairwoo, I hope you find fun, happiness and good fortune wherever life leads you.
I liked reading your posts. You will be missed.
And remember, you can always come back. GL & Be well.
I was excited to see Ogres in Pantheons Alpha. It reminded me of the EQ days, prior to WoW being created.
Looking forward to that MMO, Legion has burned me out faster than any game has - even Aion and Rift.
02/21/2017 10:09 PMPosted by Gormosh
Oh, no. Rickflairwoo won't be around anymore? Whatever shall we do?

Hopefully someone else can make sarcastic remarks...luckily it seems like you're headed in the right direction.
It's all ogre now guys. ;(

For the record, since some are sarcastic, I actually enjoyed your Ogre lobbying. I love the savage feel Horde has and they'd fit it well.
Damn. Well, take it easy buddy.

If playable ogres ever happen, I'll name mine Flair.
Well, your ogre posts kind of annoyed me, but you seem like a nice intelligent guy, and we could use more of those on these forums. So I'm sure you will be missed, but have fun with ESO ☺
see ya

(nothing witty to say, just.. bye and good luck)
I took some time off for similar concerns. Best of luck, sir.
Ogres will happen